Where is everyone?

We need something completly new that will keep players in PoE and it need to be not releted of playing aRPG.
So
My ideas for next expansions :
Add fishing game with many different fish, record book, and fun,easy gameplay for casuals and noobs as well that will keep players in PoE when not playing RPG

Add cards mini-game. All card can be traded as it is now for items, but they will get some statistics and some easy rules to play it somehow :P

We can stay in hideout playing cards or fishing when we get bored :P

I started playing a map with my lvl 79 Reaver, and just stopped, logged off, and haven't logged back on since. I've lost all will to continue and just don't see any reason to.

Game takes too much time, can't find anything decent for hours of time invested, and really there are better more fun games to play than grind the same stupid acts over and over just to get to maps and then get one shot by random shit on a build with full resistance and more than enough defences.

Also, Act 4 imo really sucks and is a chore to slog through and is overtuned most of the time.. Not to mention Warbands never drop anything useful and really just slow down the game. Maybe if I didn't need to play 8 hours a day to get anywhere it would be more attractive, but alas, game is tired now. Another 1 month inbound? No thanks.

Gonna get myself back into Witcher 3, I have a copy of Farcry 4 I haven't touched, and there is plenty I wish to achieve in UT4.

So long :)

This D3 fanboy thread is hilarious! "I love the build diversity but the game is too hard!" PoE is a theorycrafting paradise. It's not the game for you and that's ok. I'm out...gonna throw some money at GGG. Far and away the best arpg of all time!
Most all my friends stop to play in warbands because they can't reach any goals reasonably, and do better characters.

4dots areas or maps, most time you don't see lieutenants or generals..

76+ Maps drops are near 0 unless you spend a lots of currency, so you can't see new end game maps.

New mods tier for crafting items you need ilvl 83 - 84, but with no map 80+ can't have them.

You can again level up yours masters ..... with a level 8 zana that propose you 73-75 maps, while the pools of map get +2 level.....

So yes you can reroll, but they have done already plenty.

At the beginning, a new act new higher level maps, all feel that can reach higher level than in previous league. And they realize they can't even reasonably do the same level than before 2.0.

In most game what make players stay his end game content. Now you can't even access most of it.

The most important in what i said his Reasonably.

For most of my friends, it seem Poe become a pay to win, go RMT to have currency and get access to end game:
Buy maps
Roll and put domination or ambush zana mods on all your maps
Buy items / divination card for challenge
Pay 6c fee for 80+ maps ..
Etc ...

I'm sad
"
PapaChulo wrote:
This D3 fanboy thread is hilarious! "I love the build diversity but the game is too hard!" PoE is a theorycrafting paradise. It's not the game for you and that's ok. I'm out...gonna throw some money at GGG. Far and away the best arpg of all time!

i totally understand that you might not have any issues with POE so far.

i looked at your profile and your highest char seems to be lvl 82, you never played hardcore above lvl 60, regarding all temp leagues you only finished 1 challenge.

i totally see that you have no problems as the game (content) you played so far is fine!
I have decided to quit until GGG decides to start making longer temp leagues. 2 months & 3 weeks is far too short. I know the hardcore nolifers are able to play so much and so hard that they get bored within the first month of a new league. For them, there should be a series of one-month leagues running simultaneously alongside the longer temp leagues (which I think should be 5-6 months in length).

They gave us no end date. Then out of nowhere, "Leagues are ending in 2 weeks. I know that we said we thought 3 months is too short, so for some reason we decided to make these leagues even shorter. Enjoy the 2 weeks you have remaining in your ludicrously short leagues, fuckers".

I'm just glad they made this ridiculous announcement when they did... I was planning on upgrading my supporter pack this weekend. What a waste that would have been.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
There is no best game IMO. Its pretty simple to me, I am a working man, when I got home from work, I wana keep me entertained, if a game keeps frustrating me, then its a crap game. *i just got a reply from my watsapp group chat online gaming friends, 'nah we prefer a easier and relax game'. All at D3 nobody want join me in poe....haha, expected. Honestly I also burned out, I am not expecting for those super T1 uniques, I just want some reasonable rares. And I just want to see my xp bar fill out. Its not a challenge for me when I see hrs and hrs of grind effort down the drain. And act4? I duno wat the shit is that. Not even bothered to reach The Harvest. And linking and socketinv....another big burn out. Trading....worst, might as well made all gears and items bind to account. The game allow tradibg but the system just so sucks. Forever waiting or got interupted.

Well not sure if GGG dev will look here, I know its difficult to please everyone. And yes this is made for hardcore players but just how many hardcore players are there in the world? But alot of working adults just want to login a game and enjoy, to forget the day's work stress, tireness. Not to be further stressed and frustrated by a game.
I think most people have already played the game to death. I just started 1.5 months ago. First character reaching 80 soon and I have been enjoying myself so far. I am a working adult with a casual play style of about 2 hrs per day.

So I think it's not so much as POE is not fun anymore but rather veterans have already experienced all that the game has to offer. GGG need to come out with better new stuff to keep these veteran entertained or risk losing them.

For me, I will continue to enjoy myself for many months to come until I experience all that the game has to offer.
Path of exile - The real sequel to Diablo 2
"
Vinwolfy wrote:
I think most people have already played the game to death. I just started 1.5 months ago. First character reaching 80 soon and I have been enjoying myself so far. I am a working adult with a casual play style of about 2 hrs per day.

So I think it's not so much as POE is not fun anymore but rather veterans have already experienced all that the game has to offer. GGG need to come out with better new stuff to keep these veteran entertained or risk losing them.

For me, I will continue to enjoy myself for many months to come until I experience all that the game has to offer.

I haven't as I rarely trade and never follow guides but try to learn first hand by trial and error.I will however watch a build of the week and get inspiration to do my own build.
"
Vinwolfy wrote:

Yeah, basically this. I'm not sure what they can really add to fix this though. It's more than just needing a few new maps or a couple new skills at a time now. It's more than just tweaking the balance a bit for each new season. That worked for a while, but at some point, they need to come up with something more game-changing than just that.

Even with all the stuff the latest expansion added, the metagame didn't really seem to change much at all. In fact, very little DID change. The difficulty spike in act 4 made it not really worth doing beyond the first time through to get quest completions. Jewels seemed like they would shake things up quite a bit, but in practice, people just adjusted existing builds a bit to take them into account and went on doing the same things. Divination cards, Warbands, and Tempest could have made it at least worthwhile to farm more different areas, but again, the reality is that the drop rates were just too low to actually justify doing that instead of just mapping and getting currency instead.

Maybe another part of the problem is just that the game is difficult enough to force you into always looking for the most efficient possible way to do everything. The difficulty is good in some ways, but the downside is that it severely limits your options in a lot of ways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info