2.0.2e Patch Notes

"
MollariGaming wrote:

It did affect one of my builds though but I am not crying about it because I am not self centered enough to think that a minor inconvenience to me somehow trumps server stability for everyone. See what I did there?

No I don't see. I was defending his build, not his nature. You were presuming he was being self centered, and then trying to insult his build. I'm all for server stability too, regardless of build breaks/nerfs, but I'm not gonna be a complete prick about it, and call someone else's build "Shitty" because I'm not a jackass. Perhaps try apologizing to the guy?

Shee wuh I deh therrrr.
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
Version 2.0.2e
  • Two accounts have been permanently banned for repeatedly crashing servers in an attempt to craft items

rekt
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 31, 2015, 2:40:23 AM
Cast on Crit isnt Cancer at all.
Its a good and fun way to cast spells.
And there are similar other gems that automate things so just removing CoC isnt the solution.

There must be a way to restrict the amount of skills/spells cast.
As i have read CoC has a "fast" cooldown rstriction of 20 spells per second.
Frostwall obviously bypasses this mecanic by spending a powercharge, why?
Isnt this Fostwall cooldown bypass mecanic meant to bypass the Frostwalls cooldown, not the CoCs cooldown?
Or just put a hard limit on max Frostwalls per second.
Noobody needs cast more than about 5 per second maximum.
"
sidtherat wrote:

Cast on Crit builds use NO resources, so there is no way of 'restricting the resources'

Cast on Crit is the cancer of this game. killing it slowly, dumbing it down, creating bulds that make 'normal' builds look like duds, forcing skills that are DESIGNED to avoid being used with CoCS

this gem, Voll's amulet and Surgeon flasks are the Root Cause of most PoE stupid/broken/OP builds

Voll's amulet should not have been ever released, Cast on Crit should charge mana for spells (minimal amount but still) and Surgeons should be 'gain an Extra charge when killing with Crit'

unless all 3 are fixed/removed there will be builds that make poe look like a silly game without any balance or design integrity..

Just because CoC is one of the strongest options right now, doesn't mean its broken. I have been playing KB+CoC+FW myself for a while and while it's fun and strong it's not OP! Sure, it's clear speed is insane but you (at least I did) die a lot to single targets when the chain reaction does not trigger before your flasks run dry. This happens a lot against monsters with high evasion.
Also FW since 2.0 is not impenetrable, its buggy as hell and totally unreliable. I have seen many occasions where monster just walked though a room filled with FWs and on multiple occasions the lag was so big that the game froze for multiple seconds and I ended up dead after recovery. Therefore I don't consider CoC+FW builds playable since 2.0.

I don't consider CoC, Surgeons or Voll's a mistake. Also I don't understand the removal of Eternal orbs. If there is something GGG should remove from the game then it's the Mirror! Think about it, without Mirrors we would not see ton's of OP gear in standard league that make the game nearly impossible to balance and players crafting OP items would most probably never sell/trade them.
Last edited by fae76 on Aug 31, 2015, 3:10:04 AM
I'm happy to see that something as serious as this was fixed! server crashes are never good! I'll cross my fingers to have official word of the mechanics of convocation either clarified or fixed(it no longer summons clones to location) next patch!!
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
cooldowns to Frostwall will make the dupescums choose next skill who uses high resources.
You cant add cooldowns to all skills without destroying the game.
Cooldown time is not a good way of restricting the resources a skill takes.

Cast on Crit builds use NO resources, so there is no way of 'restricting the resources'

Cast on Crit is the cancer of this game. killing it slowly, dumbing it down, creating bulds that make 'normal' builds look like duds, forcing skills that are DESIGNED to avoid being used with CoCS

this gem, Voll's amulet and Surgeon flasks are the Root Cause of most PoE stupid/broken/OP builds

Voll's amulet should not have been ever released, Cast on Crit should charge mana for spells (minimal amount but still) and Surgeons should be 'gain an Extra charge when killing with Crit'

unless all 3 are fixed/removed there will be builds that make poe look like a silly game without any balance or design integrity..
I disagree, there are far more game breaking elements in the game. Like Anger, Wrath, Hearalds (baffles me that they added heralds knowing full and well how stupidity high Anger and Wrath already scaled). The highest DPS builds in the game generally center around these few things, its undeniable that in terms of "broken", these were and still are inherently overpowered.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Whether it was too strong or too weak shouldn't factor into how it gets bug fixed to prevent servers, the balance aspect should be separate. But given that it IS a build being run by a load of folks, if there was a way to salvage the build without letting people crash servers, they should have absolutely done that instead and should still work to rectify the build asap rather than simply nuke the bulk with an iron fist.

I mean, yes, a CoC FW KB build can trivialize most endgame content, I could clear dual high level map bosses in ~1 second before they even got on screen, I'd get popups from "Achievement: Kill abaxaxoth" or whatever without ever seeing him. And maybe this was overpowered. But thats a reason to say something like "Frost wall restricted to 50 concurrent instances" or "Frost wall now has a minimum 0.1 cooldown when linked with trigger gems" or something along those lines, not to destroy the build entirely.

its not the only build that trivialized most of the game, you could play a VMS scolds and arguably clear faster and more safely because you aren't lagging yourself to oblivion or risking disconnects. I didn't build my CoCwaller to be nearly as tank as it could be with coil / taste / charges and all that jazz, and I had a few deaths to things like "Lag spike myself for 5 seconds and die to bearers of the frost explosions" or have a few monsters sneak on screen during a lag spike, or just play incautiously and not dodge atziri lameblasts.

if the build can be restored and not crash servers, for example, if it turns out CoC trigger cooldown was indeed being bypassed and making it stop do that and otherwise revert the changes of 2.0.2e, then thats what should happen. If down the line GGG wants to nerf it, preferably inbetween seasons so it doesn't punish players building it so badly, then thats fine too.
GGG: Aren't you thankful ?

My IGN: EKUnique
This gave me nostalgia.

People would use bonewall back in Diablo 2 to dupe, same method seems to be used here.
"
Wow.

Who'd have thought humble little Frost Wall would have been so abused?

*sings*
How could you use
A poor frostwall so?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info