2.0.2e Patch Notes

was hoping it wouldve helped reduce the lagg, and that they would realise that the first shoots isnt the problem but the fact that it is infinite. The fix would have been too add a short cooldown to it or maybe limit maximum amount of walls at one time by 1 shot or a combination of both.

Instead they completely destroyed the build in every regard, the maximum walls u can get per hit is 1. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Gary_GGG on Aug 31, 2015, 7:02:49 AM
The Tears are glorious, But i need more FEED ME!
"
a19850710 wrote:
GGG: Aren't you thankful ?

Bashiok is that you?
Banhammer!
A "deterministic" way to waste your time

Italian Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/123491614671703/

Italian global: /global 69
"
clan_iraq wrote:

Heres the kicker: From my testing and what other people have noticed, you guys actually got the wrong root of this problem. I can't confirm it without having access to your code, but I believe the power charge bypass effect was bypassing the cooldown on cast on critical strike, its 0.05 cd. Testing would show seemingly infinite amounts of frost walls being generated instantly, which was different from 1.3.0 where it had no native cooldown but couldn't bypass its CoC cooldown.

So GGG, if anyone is reading this, please confirm if this was the case, and try to salvage this build by restoring the ability to bypass frost walls cooldown with power charges, but NOT let it bypass the cooldown on trigger gems. And thus frost walls would no longer go infinite, you'd just be able to spawn a maximum of 20 per second for a few hundred or so concurrently at best even with duration gear.

This would let you preserve the changes that you guys originally planned out in awakening, which were logical and well done, and keep the builds based around them still functional and powerful, but not so ridiculous they would explode the servers with a click. A build that can do 20 frost walls per second is strong enough to clear lategame content easily. A build that can do 5^N frost walls per second nukes your servers.

Maybe I'm wrong, but seriously now, no fun allowed

Not a FW player but any update about this? If this guy is right then FW was nerfed in the wrong way.
This build worked fine last league, so what's up with it now? Bypassing the FW cooldown with a power charge is even a nerf from last league's FW CoC build.

I never thought I'd say this, but are too many items dropping in maps now that IIQ has to be rolled high to sustain even a mediocre map pool? If that's the case, I'm not sure there's an easy fix.

Edit: I guess the above post might have the answer^^
Last edited by robertredberry on Aug 31, 2015, 8:01:41 AM
Wow, so instead of fixing your horribly optimized code you just nerf a skill. First the effect for Discharge and now this. WTF is happening?
This is a 15 minute download? What.

Guess this is one reason steam sucks... it limits download speeds, and with internet that's not so good, while stormy weather/humidity is slowing it down a little bit more. Again, Steam is good for me because every time my router resets(which can be multiple times a day), I don't need to put in the code to be able to log back in again(Steam automatically does this?).
IGN: Lil_Crimson
So, why not just reduce the number of frost walls allowed simultaneously per player to 10 frost walls? You can then make a reasonably effective CoC frost wall build. Now you've completely destroyed an entire build because of bad optimization.

Fix may have been necessary, but it was done the wrong way.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
3 seconds WTF?

Hate this time wasting skills so much... Why is GGG becoming such a grandpa game. From instant casting to seconds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info