2.0.2e Patch Notes

"
Wow.

Who'd have thought humble little Frost Wall would have been so abused?

After Diablo 2 Bone wall, I think everyone should be suspicious of these kind of skills...
Oblivious
Nice.

Now, if only there was a way of preventing players using Frost Wall in parties ... -.-
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY
"
Zedda wrote:
So, why not just reduce the number of frost walls allowed simultaneously per player to 10 frost walls? You can then make a reasonably effective CoC frost wall build. Now you've completely destroyed an entire build because of bad optimization.

Fix may have been necessary, but it was done the wrong way.

This.

Anything but leagues is a garbage dump anyway, a few more duped items or not, whatever.
"
Zedda wrote:
So, why not just reduce the number of frost walls allowed simultaneously per player to 10 frost walls? You can then make a reasonably effective CoC frost wall build. Now you've completely destroyed an entire build because of bad optimization.

Fix may have been necessary, but it was done the wrong way.

Consider this: frost wall isn't an actual wall (as in one object with one collision/hitbox) but rather a large amount of units in a line each with their own hitboxes. The problem sounds more like something to do with spawning that many instances of units too fast, not with the amount of walls being on the screen at the same time. To fix this they probably need to change the way the walls spawn, which would require much more time. Simply preventing the bypass of the cooldown like this isn't a bad patchwork idea until they can find a more elegant solution.

Furthermore, if they would put it on 10 per player max, these guys would probably mutibox 5 other accounts to cast these walls, meaning you'll get six times the amount.
Last edited by Waswat on Aug 31, 2015, 10:59:32 AM
"
NaarJitsu wrote:
Honestly, to all the exiles in pain about a build being destroyed due to a change in mechanics, you must understand that getting comfortable with a build is the biggest mistake ever in Wraeclast. Hope you learn that quickly.

For two years now I've learned not to ever get too attached to a build because it's bound to change.

You've seen how drastically builds have changed from patch to patch, I'm sure you'll learn quickly to get back on your feet. The people who play this game are remarkable because the developers give so much open opportunity to make great builds.

Let us pray to Kuduku, our one true god, for strength, prosperity, and perseverance.

I interrupt your complaining with a decent post quote. You've got plenty of character slots, don't hold on too tightly to any particular one.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Why wasn't this a problem with the original non-CD frost wall? It's not like 2.0 was the first time people were playing coc kb frost wall builds.

Likely new uniques, new support gems and a new skill tree are why it is now a problem.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
Version 2.0.2e
  • Frost Wall's cooldown can no longer be bypassed by expending Power Charges. This change was made to prevent an instance crash which occurred when Frost Wall was used in combination with specific uniques and skills to cause abnormally high amounts of stress on the instance, resulting in it crashing. This change is necessary as all the factors of the crash were a result of mechanics behaving correctly. The solution requires a mechanical change rather than just a bug fix. Two accounts have been permanently banned for repeatedly crashing servers in an attempt to craft items.
  • Frost Wall's cooldown has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.

Don't you have a throttling mechanism for this? Would make more sense to avoid the same happening with other skills in the future.

Hopefully it's just a temporary quick fix. I hate how cooldowns are creeping into this game.
Last edited by lepre84 on Aug 31, 2015, 2:00:43 PM
Just so we're clear: You're nerfing Frost Wall because your code and network infrastructure can't handle Frost Wall?
It's a shame to see that GGG's employes are not skilled enough to fix a bug, so they have to fix an entire game mechanic, limiting the entire community... Which means the bug still exists, but is just covered with a giant band-aid.

I would not be surprised if people get encourages to exploit even more after they saw this post :/
Last edited by RedStreakyCat on Aug 31, 2015, 4:04:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info