Would you stop playing PoE when you reach level 100?

Personally, once I hit lvl 90 I just stop looking at the Xp bar. It just ceases to exist.
So I guess the answer is yes, after my arbitrary cap I still play the game, just not for Xp
If i have a build hit 100 Then that just means i FINALLY have a build for HLD!
So YES i would absolutely continue playing the build! Atleast in PVP!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 28, 2015, 11:23:14 AM
Not for me, its a bit like a MMO, the endgame "starts" for me when I reach max level and can fully optimize my char.

There's a whole world of possibilities also that open up (in softcore at least) when the fear of exp loss disappears :)

I would however take a break for a bit. I imagine 99-100 will be a long and harrowing journey.
Last edited by Asmosis on Aug 28, 2015, 7:30:59 PM
My level doesn't really factor into if I play. It's about the item search for me. If anything the sheer inability to reach level 100 and have a social life at the same time or play other games is a deterrent past level 85.

I imagine it's as bad a grind as reaching level 200 in Phantasy Star Online was, but much less engaging.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
Last edited by Avereth12 on Aug 28, 2015, 9:59:54 PM
Nope, level 100 is when you maximise dps and can go crazy, do the craziest map mods etc
Personally I wouldn't go for 100 even if they made it much easier to get there. This is the first league I've even gone to 90, and I'm already bored to death of that character. I've already made several alts, but I'm getting bored of those to.

For me, what would keep me playing (more than I already do), is if build enabling items were easier to get a hold of. There's tons of builds I'd like to play (which would basically keep me playing the game for much longer every league), but I can't cause I never get the items. The only way to get the items is to play MUCH MORE than I do already, and that's not an option for anyone with a day job.

So I end up quitting or at least lowering my play time ALOT after about 1 to 1,5 months of any new league.

Ofc if it was easier to get to 100, and easier to get build enabling items, then that 1% at the top (those who already get all of this) would quit even sooner. But honestly I think the majority of the players would play for much longer, which imo would be better for GGG. But they don't seem to agree. Their idea seem to be - "Lets make sure the top streamers stream our game for as long as possible every league." - I guess that does attract more new players, for a little while, but in the long run I strongly disagree with this approach.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.
I started playing PoE because I heard how hard (or long) it's to get max lvl. Having started my online gaming journey with games like Tibia and Runescape I'm getting kinda bored with modern MMOs that use leveling as some kind of tutorial before real game.
I have no social life, I'm used to mindless grind, death penalties and I always play one main character, so I guess I can hope to get to 100 someday :) I don't think I'd quit after that, but surely I'd have problem with finding new goal, because I don't see myself making serious alt or playing leagues.
Solo player....about to hit lvl 98 and will carry on to 100. It's a shit-miserable experience, which bleeds you of every bit of currency...and shackles you to POEtradesimulatorTM...but I want to do lvl 100 once. But never again.

When i hit 100, I'll switch to banging out the challenges, if there's time.
"
Erasculio wrote:
A lot of the things GGG do - especially regarding map drop rate - appear to come from fearing that players will reach level 100 too quickly and thus leave the game.

The thing is, PoE isn't a MMORPG, in which people often make one character and that's it. We have multiple incentives to make different characters, be it the temporary leagues, hardcore, or new skills allowing the creation of new builds.

Not to mention the whole aspect of grinding for better gear, and etc.

Would someone here really stop playing the game when a character reaches level 100?

I wouldn't.

In fact - I would likely play more. Then I wouldn't have to worry about that annoying death penalty wasting days and hours of my hard work. I could actually enjoy the content rather than skate carefully passed it.

"
TommiHelm wrote:
Ofc if it was easier to get to 100, and easier to get build enabling items, then that 1% at the top (those who already get all of this) would quit even sooner. But honestly I think the majority of the players would play for much longer, which imo would be better for GGG. But they don't seem to agree. Their idea seem to be - "Lets make sure the top streamers stream our game for as long as possible every league." - I guess that does attract more new players, for a little while, but in the long run I strongly disagree with this approach.

Agreed.

In all discussions about level 100, we have to remember that time sinks =/= difficulty.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info