Would you stop playing PoE when you reach level 100?

I will never reach level 100 because it requires too much time, dedication and patience. I'm already very happy I could reach level 90.

I might be the odd one out here, because my true end-goal is PvP.

So even if for some mysterious unknown reason I would once actually reach level 100, then I can only be happy about it because it would give me a nice boost of 10 more passive points in PvP.

I would probably even play more (PvP) if I was level 100!
Last edited by Soepkieken on Aug 27, 2015, 5:09:14 AM
Getting level 100 wouldnt cause me to lose interest in PoE.

Okay that's the level cap, then time to make another character!
Things that would make me lose interest and quit are more likely to be:

1) The mapping system staying the way it is.

Stuck doing the 73-75map range with few climbs out of that into the 76-79 map range makes leveling just horrible anyways. I'm playing maps in the hopes of getting better gear (HAHA) or grinding for currency. Not dying and managing to get a level after awhile (now 87) is just a bonus.

I'm not really impressed with these higher maps when I finally got to do them, what is so precious about gating these behind RNG? The rewards are still absolute shit for the grind/currency spent to get to them, and the most satisfying thing about them was a change of scenery (/sarcasm).

I've invested so much chisel/alch/chaos trying to crawl out of this mapping spot that it feels like im just breaking even cost-wise.
I have started to regret all that currency spent on rerolling maps , its not really helping improve the loot that drops and i'm not making any meaningful progress on my gear, nor does it speed up creating a currency nest egg to fund other character builds.

2)Feeling that my future character build options are limited to cheap+boring builds. (cyclone, firestorm, totem, etc). It was quite a grind of selling rares and doing chaos/regal recipe to get just 5pure ex collected to buy 1 thing, and then 3exa more for another.
I just shake my head at the crazy price of build enabling uniques that are 12ex+ and then still need multiple ex for other slots.
Maybe I have different game design philosophy than ggg, but i'd rather people quit after trying dozens of character builds that are well geared than have them quit cause they can't stomach the grind of making one or two very nicely geared character.

Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Last edited by Ruby_Lux on Aug 27, 2015, 6:03:06 AM
No. I'd feel more justified going onto another character, less forced to do so. That said, level caps are poor design imo. However, the map system (give up gaining currency to gain levels) was always going to be the main cause for me to give up.
The differences between a lvl 90 and a level 95 or even 100 chars are quite big imo and there are multiple chars that I'd like to one day be able to get to 100 on hc.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
nope, would not quit if I hit lvl100, I already have purchased character slots, if I hit 27x lvl100 chars id just buy more slots and level more.

Ill probably give up before I ever hit 100, and the reasons are that I cant craft anything worth using and I cant freely grind to lvl100, basically. Theres potential in the game for fun, involving things that would give me goals and keep me playing for an extremely long period of time and Im needlessly gated out of them. I feel forced to just trade for gear and never craft it, forced to constantly be in a situation where I cant just enjoy grinding fun zones all day because of the map system and this leads to a hollow experience where I have no real goals outside of saving 110 exalts for a belt I saw on xyz or whatever.

Its already getting really boring, I kind of feel like Ive reached the end of the line with this game already in a lot of ways. Did I get a great amount of time out of it? Sure, did I get my moneys worth? sure, and then some. So can I really complain? Well, in some respects no but ultimately this game has enough in it to keep me going for another 30k hours and drop rates of maps and crafting materials is stopping me from having any reason to keep playing at all really at this point. So when you look at it like that then yes, its absolutely ridiculous and GGG should have a serious word with themselves.

Seems like the devs are scared to let people craft gear or get xp in case they then leave when in truth theyve lost more players by intentionally designing a dysfunctional game than they would ever have lost if crafting and mapping were not a complete farce. Stuff like taking out eternals instead of mirrors, hard nerfing + lvl map drops without hard nerfing extreme - lvl map drops, spending so long developing quest based content and not spending any real time developing fun and lasting endgame content just say to me that they really dont see the game from a players perspective at all and I dont really have any hope that this game will ever live up to its potential.

2 years developing act4, 2 days after release I was done playing through it and Im back to grinding necropolis maps like I have been for the past 2 years. I hate leveling through normal/cruel/merciless more than ever now, Ive never felt less compelled to play the quest line, I dread it. While I think act4 was really good in a detached fashion essentially the game is now less fun than before they added it and it took them years to develop when they could have added really fun endless type endgame zones and done a bunch of amazing stuff that would have taken 1/4 of the time and actually made the game more fun, not less fun. I feel like as much as they are masters of arpg mechanics theyre really bad at understanding what makes for long term enjoyment and how to get the most out of that for the least development time.

It doesnt take a lot. I buy my cat little play centers etc and it takes hours to put them together, she has as much fun playing with the empty box as she does the actual thing I bought, I could just buy a box and she would be happy all day with it. Merciless act4, corrupted side zones, all these things have failed to deliver fun replayable endgame content in a game where you can essentially beat the quest line in 1 day and yet the devs expected you to play a character for a year before it was "finished". Loads of changes to the tree and the mechanics of the nodes etc in an attempt to balance things and the result is far less viable builds, I feel like if anything were going backwards not forwards where it really matters, but the devs are happy because now everyones playing flame totem and they wernt doing that before so meta shift = game is healthy and new and fresh. Never mind that most people fucking hate flame totem and hate that they feel like theyve been forced into using it, the game feels shit for the players but the %s on the graphs from the server statistics show change and thats great in the eyes of devs who dont actually play the game that much and dont really see it from a players point of view and what a player really wants to happen to keep them interested in the game long term.
No.
Haven't seen you in quite a while, Snorkle. :D
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Stop playing all together? No. Reroll? Yeah.

I have 15-20 toons that I haven't touched since their native leagues ended. I like rolling different builds. Or tweaked versions of older ones.

I consider my toons done around 70-75 because the xp grind is just that brutal. And to me mapping isn't all that entertaining. The extra mods are ok but not that special.

Burning, cold, chaos on the ground? Meh.
Immune to curses? Don't even notice.
Double rogues or bosses? Free bonus loot.
No regen? Give it to my leecher.
No leeching? Give it any other toon.
Dangerous on screen boss? My ball lightning guy got that from two screens away.
Huge packs& small area? My cycloner doesn't care.

I even stop looking at my xp bar after 75. Because it doesn't climb fast enough anyway.

One day I might be willing to suffer one toon long enough to hit 100. But there comes a point where facerolling thousands of creatures per hour loses it's meaning when your xp bar doesn't move.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
Of course not.

GGG is gating level 100 behind all sorts of RNG (highest level maps) and enormous amounts of hours. It's like they believe we would quit if we reached level 100. It's like they don't believe in the replayability of their own game.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Stopped my current char at lvl 89. I have no problem grinding a lot to gain exp, but it simply infuriates me to lose exp due to freaking unbalance. I'm playing the most tanky char I ever had, 7,2k life, 1,1k hp regeneration per second, life on hit with some targets around and good attack speed skyrockets my regeneration to 5k or more per second, EC, good armour, foritfy and whatnot. Guess what, sometimes big hits kill me with no chance to react. Solution: Don't get hit in the first place. How to do that: Don't play.
Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
"
Rockstopper wrote:
One thing to consider is that an overwhelming majority of, if not all builds could be considered 'complete' by the time the character reaches level 90.

This is not the case at all, I didn't start tweaking/rethinking my toon until 90.
IGN: WayTooFrosty -|- Assassin Spectral Throw: /view-thread/1803119

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info