Would you stop playing PoE when you reach level 100?

No, I would continue playing. Majority of my time in PoE has been playing Arc, I absolutely love it, I have multiple high level Arc toons, my main is a 92 Arc Witch, I now have a 92 Cycloner in Warbands which I really like, once the leagues are over and he gets dumped into standard with my Arc witch, I'm going to start taking their gear to the next level with my currency in standard, from there I hope I can start to progress this level 92 block that I have :)
It's not a question of level. But rather, "Will my spirit break before a monster finally drops an upgrade?"
Path of Exile, the poe.trade mini-game.
I absolutely would not stop playing if I hit 100. I would feel a sense of accomplishment and push that character to run the hardest content possible. Once I feel the character had completed everything I wanted it to do, I would roll another with the intent of making an even more powerful level 100. I wish I was in that cycle, but unfortunately I do not ever see hitting 100, and every time I re-roll it's not because I feel like my last character was complete, but because I hit a brick wall in progression (which I do not blame on the game/mechanics/GGG/etc). My current lv 90 is having a hard time pushing forward any more. Partially because I can't get higher level maps to drop, but mainly because my personal skill level gets me killed every so often which really, really, realllly hurts.
No I still play my RF marauder to mf and I would really like to play duelist to 100 also.
Write random stuff here
Hell no. I'd do do it again and again and again. The fact that the game is filled with so many penalties and speed bumps to prevent me getting there is more incentive to quit.
I would not stop playing, but in the same time I personally find going for 100 actually a hindrance rather than an advantage. I even feel bad I got my spectre summoner to 87, should have left it at 75. The higher level you are,the harder it seems to get when it comes to leveling gems. Keep in mind, I'm not talking about lvl 20 gems, those are a joke to do, but the actual big gems (empower,enlighten,enhance). Sure, you can tell me to get its quality to 20%, but even with that the decreased experience at higher levels is brutal.
I have a level 100.

Hasn't stopped me from going for a second one.

I am slightly less motivated on the 2nd 100 though - it is probably a function of the endgame being harder and more wealth-gated. Mapping is no longer as easy as alt-aug-regal, which is a mixed blessing.
I play my characters because I like their playstyle. The level they reach is indicative of how much I enjoy playing them, rather than the level I want them to be.

that said I will never reach level 100 because I play too dangerously and die a lot for the thrill of fighting on the edge of my ability, so i guess that's a moot point.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
andreicde wrote:
I would not stop playing, but in the same time I personally find going for 100 actually a hindrance rather than an advantage. I even feel bad I got my spectre summoner to 87, should have left it at 75. The higher level you are,the harder it seems to get when it comes to leveling gems. Keep in mind, I'm not talking about lvl 20 gems, those are a joke to do, but the actual big gems (empower,enlighten,enhance). Sure, you can tell me to get its quality to 20%, but even with that the decreased experience at higher levels is brutal.

Your character level doesn't actually affect the rate of experience for gems. You can read about it on the wiki here if you don't believe me.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Skills
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
This is actually a really good question and GGG SHOULD be paying attention to the answers.

I absolutely would not stop playing if I hit the level cap because if you're playing a game like PoE with just one character, you're really not getting anywhere near the full experience.

And yet they've made this nigh impossible goal, this horizon, which can only really be achieved IF you play one character.

It's an interesting presentation of conflicting ideals. Do they want us to be altaholics, racers, league players...or do they want us to reach for that level 100?

I'd say the answer is foregone and proven: the former, overwhelmingly.

GGG, hitting max level in a game like this *definitely* doesn't mean a person is done with the game. I understand your original intention to make level 100 this lofty, years+ achievement, but it just didn't happen, and it's time to let go of that dream.

You've got a huge skilldrasil there. Really let people maximise their time exploring. Make the level cap easier to hit so that 'complete' characters can truly be retired and players can move onto the next project. The soft cap is fine but it comes entirely too early in my opinion. When you have people 'finishing' their builds by level 60 or 70 (barely 2/3rds into the game, level-wise), something's not working.

When you've got such a small percentage of players even bothering to push into the 80s, something's still not working.

Yes! Great post.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info