Would you stop playing PoE when you reach level 100?

"
demon9675 wrote:
"
TommiHelm wrote:
Ofc if it was easier to get to 100, and easier to get build enabling items, then that 1% at the top (those who already get all of this) would quit even sooner. But honestly I think the majority of the players would play for much longer, which imo would be better for GGG. But they don't seem to agree. Their idea seem to be - "Lets make sure the top streamers stream our game for as long as possible every league." - I guess that does attract more new players, for a little while, but in the long run I strongly disagree with this approach.

Agreed.

In all discussions about level 100, we have to remember that time sinks =/= difficulty.

I'd like to hear your definition of difficulty. A lot of people spout that this and that =/= difficulty but few (if any) actually define the abstract concept of "difficulty".
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:

I'd like to hear your definition of difficulty. A lot of people spout that this and that =/= difficulty but few (if any) actually define the abstract concept of "difficulty".

Time sink: kill 1.000.000.000.000 level 68 devourers as a level 90 character to get half a new level.

Difficulty: play through Hardcore with both CI and Eldritch Battery.
I'd quit, hypothetically.

Thankfully (for me), the thought of willfully committing myself to that job is so unsavoury, that I'll never have to find out.

The design of PoE is several acts away from making the quest to 100 an enjoyable one. (imo) :)

no, level 100 woulf mean that i only have 1 build ready... 200 more to come :D
d:-D*
I will never reach level 100.
"

I absolutely would not stop playing if I hit the level cap because if you're playing a game like PoE with just one character, you're really not getting anywhere near the full experience.

I agree. The only thing better than one lvl 100 is multiple 100s, just ask Sauron.

To answer the original question, I haven't stopped playing. Game is as fun as ever, I love mapping, I love the grind to 100. If hitting 100 ever becomes too easy (we're getting closer to it), I'd probably lose some of the interest, and would play the game only casually. Everyone has their own goals in the game, mine is getting to high levels.

"

GGG, hitting max level in a game like this *definitely* doesn't mean a person is done with the game. I understand your original intention to make level 100 this lofty, years+ achievement, but it just didn't happen, and it's time to let go of that dream.

They already did, a long time ago. In 2.0, they've made another step- leveling is now much faster than ever before. Just to give you an example:

- Torment had 13 lvl 100, while Warbands has 23 lvl 100 already. 24th player will hit 100 by the time you read this.
- Bloodlines had 5 lvl 100s, while Tempest has 18 lvl 100s already.

Around 100-200 players could easily hit 100 by the end of Warbands/Tempest, if they wanted to, compared to total of 18 players in previous leagues.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Aug 31, 2015, 3:58:41 PM
"
Barivius wrote:
I will never reach level 100.

Never say never. Play maps, don't die, and one day it suddenly says "level 100" next to your character. I never wanted it, until one day I did. I never thought I could do it, until it was right there within reach. It's a hard grind to 100, but at the end you're like:

"FUCK YES !!!"

Followed with a lot of "Holy fucking shit. I DID IT!!". Nothing else in this game is that hard, nothing else requires that much effort and time put in, and nothing else feels that good.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Aug 31, 2015, 4:39:34 PM
Yes.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
My highest level is 88 and any and all high level XP with PoE 2.x is such a F'ing grindfest to the point that I quit from burnout and I'll never ever have a level 100 build. Thus this is a moot question.

Even if GGG changed the XP gained such that I could reach level 100 in a reasonable amount of time (that would be about 500 hours) then I wouldn't quit as I'd feel empowered enough and want to play with a completely new build.

GGG has completely F'cked up PoE by making the exile's journey from the beach to the end near impossible for the average player. Yes, a small handful of players will always reach level 100 in any league and then post that PoE is easy and that GGG needs to increase the difficulty. But they are just an anomaly and don't reflect the 99.x% that don't play PoE as a full time job, will never ever want to, and will never have a build crafting degree. The majority of players are wanting an entertaining arpg that doesn't take enormous hours each and every day just to get anywhere. GGG has forgotten (or never ever cared) that most of us have real lives and can't/don't want to grind here to death and beyond.

It is pure madness for GGG to not have a difficulty factor in PoE (like D3 has) so that we can each dial in our Goldilocks just right degree of difficulty. Blizzard has successfully done that with D3 and GGG should do that to. Just tie it to XP gained per kill (harder = more xp) and IIR (harder = higher IIR) so that all players can choose the level of difficulty that suits them. This fixed difficulty (the 1 size fits all rational) is pure crap and GGG should have coded in an adjustable difficulty factor from the beginning. As the inevitable power creep that occurs with each new act plus veterans clamoring for more content difficulty cause an ever upward spiral of difficulty, the average players (somewhere < 25 hours per week) are shut out from most of the higher level of rewards. This has always been so in PoE and will only get worse over time. Continuing on this path will only make PoE and even more niche arpg and it will never go mainstream like D3 has. That may be acceptable and desired by GGG but not for me. Hence I am playing in a trio in Season 4 of D3 and not playing PoE.

GGG... you blew it big time! (No mas)

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
When you hit lvl 100 their is 2 possibility
1 you quit the game until next league
2 you reroll
Lot of ppl quit the game because 1 char lvl 100 in one league its already lot , some ppl dont like make lot of reroll they just want make 1 char and at 100 its finish, also if you get it after 1-1.5month its when the league start to loose good amont of player

No one farm at lvl100 because if you dont get any xp you dont have new passiv to get for buff your char, its boring, i saw some ppl play with their lvll 100 char but its in big casual mod just 2/3 Map sometimes for fun.

And getting 100 its not Crazy hard like befor like it was in open beta when max lvl Map was 77.
Now ppl get lvl98 99 in like 2day same for 99-100 with 15hours play Time, so if you play 5hours you can do it in 1 weeks instead of 2days ...

If you can find some ppl with same hour of play Time and play some 80+ rotation lvling is okay now, (if you are solo yes its Still really hard)

Arowneous
Why you want make poe mainstream ? Isn't their is énought casual game ?
We dont want play a diablo 3.5

If you want ton of player you have to remove all challenge(no hc mod, no death penality, easy boss ....), make everything as simple as possible(small build, free full respect every Time you want, few build possibility, few stat)....
I think ggg dont want sell their soul for money
Last edited by keta on Sep 1, 2015, 11:48:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info