Would you stop playing PoE when you reach level 100?

I will stop being an exile when I no longer have need for long range decisions and planning, no crossroads of progression, no hard spots where I might get stuck for a bit and have to work my way out of it. Once the game just gives you everything you need and you don't have to make choices. I might come in play for a few days at the new ladder, and then go laugh about how ridiculous it all is now somewhere else. But I wont be an exile.
Hey...is this thing on?
Nope, I would play a bit to optimize gear or even get some gear for the next build.

and then I would play a different build, probably influenced by any meaningful unique I found while playing the other one.

Right now My max level char is 88, it gets really boring since high level maps are very hard to find, so being stuck in level 74-75 maps or even 72-73 gets boring.

I don't understand the reasoning about the soft cap, if someone reaches level 100 and stops playing, he'll do that reaching the soft cap anyway, except he'll be more frustrated, and those of us who move on to the next build, we do it anyway, so it seems like an irrelevant reasoning to impose this weird limit.

No because if I ever hit 90, that'll do Donkey, that'll do.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I'd love to have one 100. Maybe two at the rate I'm enjoying Poison Arrow.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I'd love to play a build all the way to level 100, retire it (oh right, GGG has no level 100 retirement ladder), and then start over with a new completely different build. GGG has created by far the best arpg for sheer variety of builds that anyone can dream up. Now all we need is a way to actually get to play a build to level 100 in less than a year without taking 1000+ hours of time (oh right, the devs are in lockstep with the elite no-lifers that want it to take more than 1000 hours to get to level 100 and require a group to feed the player with enough maps. That way only a few dozen will ever get to level 100 and the rest are screwed). Apparently there is a very large gap between the top no-lifers and the 99%+ rest of us in terms of how long the grind to level 100 should be. But we all know this.

There are way more builds I'd love to play than time available so GGG shouldn't fear that many will reach level 100 and quit. Right now many are dropping out from the grind, grind, and grind some more (add nauseum) just to get a few xp more at the high levels (75+). The Awakening then adds insult to injury by having a lower drop rate for the 75+ maps so that xp is harder to accrue. Finally, one mistake is all it takes to die and you lose many hours of xp. If that happens often then we quit from fatigue and frustration. All in all GGG has made the endgame not very fun.

The answer to the previous question is yes, right now I have stopped playing PoE. I'm playing Season 4 of D3:ROS with my 2 BFFL (BTW it's patch 2.3.0).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info