Developer Questions and Answers

Why do you hate casual players?
Caster defences suck major d**k. It's either go Life/armor or Life/acro or go home. Do something about it - not even a question, basically an order. Energy Shiled without insanely illogically high investment into Unwavering Stance is a trash defence. Do something about it. Thank you. Mind over Matter? A joke without high Life and Phase Acro/Acro. Witch is no longer an intelligence class, but a creature between Life/armor and Life/Acro. Are you aware of that? You are, right? Right?

Trading sucks major d**k - For more than 2 years you are rellying on 3rd party Auction House websites. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Flame Totem... Really?

Hardcore is basically Cyclone parade. You know that, right?

95% of Uniques in the game are vendor trash. Is that what you call "a Unique"?

Whoever is in charge of the real money shop is doing a horrible job. You would make far more money by having permanent AND cheap cosmetics, with only Stash Tabs being expensive because they are sort-of mandatory for players who actually stay with the game a play it long enough. Having to decide whether I but TONS of stuff in other game or a whole new release of an AAA game title over your Cosmetics is always an easy call. If you had whole armour sets for 4-5 dollars, weapons cosmetics from 1-3 dollars and stash tabs at 10 dollars for the six stash bundle, you would make a TON more money.

How is the weather down there?
Last edited by Epicyon on Aug 24, 2015, 7:33:02 AM
Are there any plans on giving pets a use?

I'm thinking of that they run in the direction of map packs, or only do that behaviour when the remaining monsters is less than 10.

Also can you include a timer for remaining monsters? It doesn't add anything to type /remaining all the time.

How long have you been developing for Act V and are there many iterations before a decision is made on the rough layout?

Cheers!
1.) In the recent expention you removed mana drain from arctic armour and made it a precentage reservation. Will we see mana drain as a mechanic again to encurage mana regen based builds again?

2.) Over the years almost all auras got changed to percentage values (except for clarity). Do you think that some auras that are of lesser use nowadays could become flat reservations again to encourage their use with large life/mana pools?

Q1: What does GGGs financial situation look like? Are you making enough profits?

Q2: Will you update the GGG website? I think it is quite outdated.

Q3: Will there be some introductions of the (old and new) GGG staff members?

Q4: How was your holiday?
"
First and foremost, THANKS to all at GGG for making an awesome and most enjoyable game, I've never invested so much time into a game before.

Is leech ever going to be looked at? That is with regards to CI and casters, etc?

Personally I don't see much advantages in CI anymore.

Lets list current downsides of CI:

1) You can't run Blood Magic map mod.
2) You can't make any use from MANY low life benefits.
3) There are basically no full life benefits.
4) You are forced to solve stun and freeze immunity somehow, because if you don't you can be easily stunlocked / freezelocked with that 1 hp pool.
5) You can run like 3 auras, maybe 4 with huge investment to mana reservation.
6) You can't use Eldrich Battery.
7) You can't use Blood Rage in current state of the game. Well you can... but as a spell caster it gives you only Frenzy Charge generation. Nothing else. And there is not even good replacement for BR stacking... Poacher's mark? Useless. Its simply not worth losing ES recharge.
8) There are no flasks to recharge ES.
9) Your armour will suck because you have to invest everything into ES.
10) You can't use health regen without ZO (which is on the other side of passive tree compared to mandatory Ghost Reaver.

What do you get in return?
1) You don't have to care about chaos damage.
2) You have max light radius all the time.
3) You have 31% max ES from 3 nodes behind CI (10.3% per passive point is nothing). It is a joke compared to the new blood magic node improvements

Thats it!

Over the years CI has been nerfed over and over, while there is not a single reason to do so anymore. When I'm running public party map runs, all I can see are armour / ev / life based builds.... guess why.

CI needs something added to one of the nodes, like GR or something to the CI cluster of nodes in general.

All of this goes double for melee CI. Melee damage on full life is not worth all the downsides.
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
"
Serleth wrote:
What's on your folks' reading lists right now? I'm looking for some new authors to check out.

Have you read "ready player one"? Hands down the best read for a gamer!
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
It seems like most major changes you made for 2.0 were not well received per beta feedback (leech, reduced mana, map drops, divination rarity), and yet you continued with them and implemented them. If the majority of players didn't like the changes, why would you continue with them?

I'd also like to ask about high level map rarity. I understand that nobody should be swimming in 82's but most players would like the opportunity to play them and you make it almost impossible. Who is that for? I don't know any player that wouldnt be thrilled to be able to run the highest maps at least semi consistently.

It seems as though you're making the game what you want it to be, not what players enjoy or want, and that's really discouraging.

Thanks.
1 thing i have noticed is that almost nobody plays hybrid defences. It's either :

-Armor and reductions
-Evasion and Acrobatics
-ES and LL or life/es

Nobody plays armor/es (other than aurora) and no armor/evasion. Evasion/ES also sucks by it's nature.

One way i think you can fix this, is change the prefixes in items. Only the % part is hybrid , while the + added is either armor or es or evade. Those 2 modes in hybrid armors should become one. Is there anyway you changing that ?
are there any new random exotic animal pets at your new office?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info