Developer Questions and Answers

Hello GGG

Since it seems you are expending (at least the office), do you plan to develop another game ?
If not soon, is it something you would like in the future and what type of game would it be ?

Are we going to get minion DPS on tooltip one day ? pleaaaaaaase
I play PoE around the time in closed beta when the templar got added into the game. I never got to experience the so called "Maelstrom" endgame, as this got removed when the map system got added.

I can't really find any posts of this in the past, but I remember that the map system was more about finding high-end items and that there was a new system "work-in-progress" but information was never released.

My question is; The current map system, will this be the main focus for leveling up on the higher levels and is the idea still there that map is mainly for items (and not for experience)?
Or to put it in this way: Do you want to focus the endgame entirely on maps (as it currently is)?
Last edited by fgcewoud on Aug 24, 2015, 6:37:43 AM
Would you guys ever doe a video diary of the day to day life in the office?
Ofcs not every day but maby once a week or somting?
Question:
Hello, Chris. During Awakening Beta, there was some info about Ondar's Guile changing into "Arrow Dancing" keystone that really hurts melee evasion characters. GGG was telling that "melee evasion characters will have toys to play instead". But actually on tree i dont see any updates to somehow reward evasion characters to take risk and fight enemies in close combat. Do we need to wait for some duelist/ranger tree updates or just take closer look at items to fill that space between range and melee evasion characters? Thanks.

Suggestion:
I have an QoL idea. Thare is DPS tooltip. But sometimes it just have no sense because of more than one damage types of spell or attack; or dual weilding things. Or RF build and you just need to calculate your DPS only by hand. It will be nice to somehow see detailed information about damage you are dealing with each part of attack or spell. For example:

Lightning Strike
Melee hit: 75 - 135 phys damage
Projectile hit: 90 - 187 phys damage

or
Kinetic Blast
Projectile hit: 50 - 1300 lightning damage
AoE hit: 25 - 650 lightning damage

It can be inserted into the character information screen where you can see detailed info about offence and defence of the character.
Last edited by ErugoPurakushi on Aug 24, 2015, 6:50:51 AM
in the next league, will be there finally new endgame content? mapping and uber is boring nowdays.
I expect more content, waypoints and maps well worked in ACT IV.

ACT IV is too short and extremely boring! Worst ACT of all!

I was wondering if could be possible to have more elaborated quests for the missions from the masters. Quests to search for items and kill some kind of boss in some levels on maps! Zana is the only one with this kind of quest. The others could have some random quests on normal maps in the four acts.
Do you plan to add to the game in the future, more content, similar to Atziri?
Let me explain. Special unique items with a boss, the complexity of the access to the location (map fragments), the uber-version.
Thanks.
Has GGG ever held their own company Magic The Gathering tournament? If so who is the reigning champion? If not get on that!

Are there any thoughts or plans to lower monster reflect damage to around 10%? If there is anything that repeatedly kills my critical characters it is the reflect damage. Many times it is slightly off screen from split arrow. which is more than annoying, it is aggravating.
Up until 2.0 every desync death video had at least one comment that said this is the reason he/she doens't play Hardcore. Now with Lockstep introduced, is there an increase in HC players?
A lot of older Skills, like Split Arrow and Lightning Arrow (to name a few) have been revitalized in 2.0, Which is amazing. playing builds that before were hard to achieve high effectiveness with is an incredible experience, And my Rain of Arrows Ranger would agree.
Playing the game for quite a while now, I have been through a couple big and important patches, dealing with important issues that are vital to the game, which is far from obvious, and I thank you for the amazing job you are doing on Path of Exile - it makes me want to play more and more.

Onto the question, then:

Of the older skills, it's easy to distinguish the very early skills in the development process - skills like Shield Charge, and support gems like Chance to Flee. obviously, these gems were introduced in a different PoE, and fit that version just fine - and while Chance to flee has entered the realm of "not-very-usable" support gems, some were just out shined by newer entries in the Support Gem Repertoire - an example is Fork, out shined By Lesser Multiple Projectiles & the Greater variant. While Fork had it's uses, Namely in the famous Spork build, now it is simply not as good as, let's say, Chain, which instead of traveling in a set direction, seeks out targets, which heightens the effectiveness of the skill.

Are there any plans to revisit those "Primal" Skills, and maybe giving them new mechanics, rather than increasing the damage or cast speed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info