Developer Questions and Answers

Goodevening Chris, and the rest of the team working hard to make this game greater then it currently is, my question is quite simple

In the Microtransactions store, will you have a subscription based system?

What i mean is, you pay for 30 months of lets say... 50 points every day (daily) and its more then buying 1500 points (approx for a month with the above example)

Will something like this be implemented?

Thank you for possibly answering this question, i meant to ask this before in the previous Q&A, but it slipped my mind because it sounded silly.

Thanks again!

Slayer, Leader of Domination.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Would you consider making alternative leveling progression?

For example after finishing normal difficulty player has option to go to cruel and after that merciless and so on, or go straight to mapping starting level 40 maps.
-Any plans to make alternate character skins as MTX?

-Act 3 and Act 4 really show how the dev team has mastered the game, especially Act 4 which is a masterpiece in my opinion. However Act 2 kinda aged badly compared to those and feels pretty slow; For example the 3 bandits takes a lot of running around and after the first one the others are way under level and make for boring fights. Is there any plans to revisit previous acts?

- I know it's an old issue that's been talked about and that we wont get camera rotation but it is still an issue that the player is disadvantaged when visiting areas towards the south since you see way further when moving north. This causes unfair damage from long range ennemies seeing you before you can. Could we get something like a control to pan camera a little bit to correct the view? I understand rotation is probably not possible if models weren't planned to show that but simple camera panning wouldnt cause problems with that.

And thanks for making such an amazing game!
I'd like to know if you are going to address the solo/party balance in the future. Right now it's much safer, faster and more rewarding to run with a full party with a culler. If you want to be efficient you just can't run solo. The recent map changes only made it worse and you can only really sustain top maps in a party. I think this is a real shame, because while I enjoy the social aspects of this game like guilds and such, playing the game is much more fun solo for me, but I'm forced to party if I want to keep up with others. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. So yeah, I would like to know your design philosophy on the solo/party play, if party play is intended to be superior in every way, or if it's going to be addressed at some point in the future.
- Is GGG working on any other games besides Path of Exile?
- Did you intend Warbands to be softcore and Tempest to be hardcore from the beginning of the design process? (I kind of feel that compared to older templeagues it's switched around this time)
Last edited by incinerate on Aug 24, 2015, 5:40:32 AM
Isn't it unfair that ranged character can use trap with their skills and melees are not? Ranged c. already got advantage - they are ranged, moreover they can link their puncture to trap and do 0 shoots to boss and kill him. I would balance it by letting (and forbid for ranged of course) melee characters to link their skills to trap so they also get chances vs some deadly events in which ranged characters feel themselves safe while playing with left hand and posting messages in reddit with right hand.
Heyo!

1: How much time does it take to implement a new skill gem? (creating, fixing bugs, balancing, etc)

2: I noticed in an old screenshot you posted that Crossbows were an idea for another weapon, what sort of things stopped you from adding it? (say, didn't feel right with the rest of the weapons, wanted a reload animation but couldn't give it a nice look or smooth feeling) Reference, because yes: http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/public/news/21-08-2015/itemreq.jpg

3: What are your thoughts on spell ideas that do no damage? (say, a spell that makes you invincible for 2 seconds but has a long cooldown, or a vortex that pulls enemies toward your cursor after a delay)

4: Is it possible to add more "Cast on" gems? especially oddball ones. (say, Cast on "Distance traveled/steps taken", "X number of hits", "drinking from a flask", or "on summon") I assume it would be a Nightmare to create and/or balance.
Last edited by tomahopalus on Aug 25, 2015, 6:15:29 AM
Will there be more Vaal gems in the future?
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
will you ever improve the visual weapon effects? i am dissapointed of the latest supporter effects and of the most effects like infernal effect on most weapons.
What is the best/worst thing about being a gaming company based in New Zealand?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info