Developer Questions and Answers

Have you ever considered selling UI skins as MTX?
IGN: Lurker
Hi,

as a student of sociology and political science I am interested in rather unusual things when it comes to games... So, here is my question:

When we look at Wraeclast as a sort of autonomous world where the players are citizens, obtaining citizenship by creating an account, the developers could be perceived as the rulers, with the power to change basically everything from balance- to economy-issues. In the current form of how this power is legitimized we are looking at something between an aristocracy and an oligarchy. You, the devs, are rulers because you founded the company and in the real world Wraeclast is nothing but entertainment business. You basically inherited leadership over Wraeclast by creating it. Now we as players are practically powerless subjects to your rule. We can make petitions, we can beg, suggest and request - or we can be granted an audience, like this one today, but in the end every major decision solemnly depends on the developers whims. The only real and meaningful way to deligitimize your rule and to effectively question your leadership is to quit. And while a decreasing number of players might indicate dissatisfaction it might also indicate a lot of other things.
Therefor I ask you:

A) Do you have any plans and would you be willing to empower the players? Would you be willing to create a transparent mechanism to allow players to be included in your bureaucracy, as admins, community managers or even developers?

B) Do you have any plans for public petitions? In which we can vote for changes we WANT to see in the game and effectively overrule your leadership through a majority vote?

C) Would you be willing to democatize Wraeclasts leadership? Would you hold an annual Wraeclast-wide election for the lead developer in which we as players have the option to express satisfaction and confidence OR dissatisfaction and mistrust? Where we can reelect and legitimize you or elect someone from our midst because we think a player would do a better job? Like Abraham Lincoln said: "government of the people, by the people and for the people".

D) Would you be willing to create a parliament of players as advisors? Where we as players are allowed to choose our own representatives who are then actively involved in the developement process? Who have to pass every developement decision through a majority vote. Who can directly talk to the leading devs and to whom we, the players, can directly talk to?

I hope you consider these questions.

best regards
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Last edited by Azdrubel on Aug 24, 2015, 5:15:27 AM
When, O when, will you guys make a mac version?
when will you add a searchable trading system that doesn't rely on the other player being online at the same moment to the game?
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Hello, dear GGG

1st issue i have is that people are using (know it for a fact) programs that pots for them, logs out for them when they drop x% of life, Isn't that cheating? But then why aren't they banned?

2nd issue: You stated that act 4 is suposed to be an alternative contempt to maps but you cant get lvl 100 in act 4 wich is the end goal or if you farm it for the loot its just way worst then maping in that regard too. Will you ever make an end game thats not maping?
I'm done with maping will never get back in to it...

3rd issue: On the realese of this league i've farmed with iir gear for 7-8 days 20h days only act 4 bosses daresso and kaom's got like a ton of shit leveling legendarys wich i've insta vendored with 0 good drops not even good rares, after that i literaly stoped farming and started fliping items making 10x more currency then if i were to farm... Where is the game going, to d3 when it 1st camed out? Where are the old piety/dominus drops? Where is my go to boss? Where is mephisto?
Please fix your drops rates they are bullshit at least they were at the realese of the league and make boss specific drops for good legendarys.
And can you make the drops rates public for good legendary/area, the game is grey enough?

4th issue: Can you please dont make me level my masters again next league its the 3rd time i get some of them to level 8, i just wont do it again prefer to quit.

I really hope someone will read this and answer.
Thanks for your time and sorry for my spelling errors.

Hello! Thank you all for doing another Q&A! I very much enjoyed the last one.

First off, Level 8 masters. Would it possible to increase or get rid of the master limit somwhow when certain conditions are made?
I can understand the limit needed for leveling them initially, but it just becomes a pain to invite and dismiss them over and over and over.

Next up, hideouts! I, like many love decorating hideouts and just going wild on them. Would it be possible to get even bigger hideouts?
This would also mash well with increasing the master limit as i for one, love creating small themed areas for each master in my hideouts.

Finally, you are most likely sick of this question, but what plans or thoughts do you and team have for trading?
I get the whole bartering style, however, it takes time. Some of us just dont have the time of day to trade and play the game. Also, im sick of seeing "ads" in the public party list.

Thanks for your time!
Hey there.

Got a couple of questions for you.

Do you think that flagging accounts ingame based on their forum activity is a good bussiness model? If so how do you consider negative flagging an incentive for people to support the game? By negative flagging I mean limiting drops for certain accounts.

Since you already disclosed you do nerf currency drops in a state of the exile podcast what is the reasoning behind "limiting" basic orb drops other than forcing players into trading? By basic orbs I mean transmutes whetstones augments and armourers's scraps.
Will you make Divination Cards drop more frequently for solo players so that we may have a deterministic way to realistically grind for a specific item? Can we expect a solid trade system soon.jpeg? Will you reconsider physical damage scaling in act 4 and all of act4 content in maps? Another unique item drop rebalance maybe? Ziggy's Hobo-Templar is really hustling.

Most importantly: Loot Tables. With something as simple as loot tables you could turn the whole game to the better and give those meaningless unique monsters in every area a meaning. Loot tables pls.

What do you mean with inter-player drama?

I'm a computer science major who has just returned to college after five years. I've been eyeing internships all over the place, but mainly in the gaming industry. Does GGG ever plan on doing summer internships? What's a day like for a newbie at GGG? How do programmers pick a place for themselves? What language was PoE dominantly written in?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info