Developer Questions and Answers

Hi Chris,

Can I have your stuff? Specifically when you replace a computer could you send me the old one ? :P

Seriously - Could we get any MTXs to go with the regal effect?

Any luck in changing the hair color of our characters in an MTX, specifically Red??

An future versions of female armor MTXs coming?

--

How many hours do developers and staff spend sleeping in the office?

How often does something get tossed at someones head for saying something off the wall?

Did you enjoy your vacation? How often did you check in at the office while gone? Did your wife confiscate your computer and phone while gone? How much vacation time do you have accrued from not taking a vacation in 5 years (if none, someone issue him some to stare at)?

To all GGG - Do you love your job?

Also - since people try to bribe you with Pizza. What is the favorite type of pizza to have in the office? Who prefers what kind?
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Last edited by peachii on Aug 24, 2015, 9:57:54 AM
Is the gnarled branch staff part of an (unknown) vendor recipe?
Hey GGG :D

I wanted to ask, ingame trading system? Any new info you can give us about, how fare are you with it? What are the plan with it and so? :D
Thank you and many thanks for a great game, keep it up, all you is great! :D

// Wahoo
What are some of GGG's staff favorite paintings and why?
Races: Can we have more interaction ?
As far as I know, there han't been any discussion between the players and the devs, I really would like to see more ggg tags in the race and season feedback
I feel that some explanation of what's possible/impossible in terms of asked changes would help a lot with this section which has turned to useless jokes or rants because of the lack of official posts
Last edited by Pam on Aug 24, 2015, 6:19:05 AM
O
Last edited by WahooTV on Aug 24, 2015, 4:44:01 AM
I'm a programmer aspiring to get into game development. To any developer that is currently hired at GGG - What books or courses(online, since I probably couldn't be able to travel to your country) helped you out the most in your quest to become a successful game developer? What method of expanding my programming knowledge would you recommend? I have limited experience with C++ and C#, which one of the two would you recommend using for my first steps into game development(I'm about to begin a UNITY course, but games such as path of exile are mostly developed with c++, so I'll likely have to transition at some point)?
I'd like to thank you all for your hard work on an excellent and addictive game!
I was wondering and kinda asking for:
Have you any thought on letting the WP in our HO's being movable?
And
Any chance one of the A4 inhabitants might become an master?

Idunno if this is the right place for these requests but for lack of better i pose them to you here!
TIA
How many vendor recipes are still unknown to the majority of the community?

How many secrets of Wraeclast are still unknown to the majority of the community?

How many players are playing POE on a daily average? What is the peak?

Are you happy about the feedback you're receiving since The Awakening release?
1) How do you go about the process of deciding and developing the ideas behind the temporary league? Do you look at an aspect of the game that's lacking (not enough loot splosions: strongboxes! etc.) or is there a long process to determine this?

2) I haven't seen it mentioned for a while, but I remember from a while ago the mention of a general goal of 10 acts down the line. Does this 'goal' seem like it's still the broad end-game goal for PoE, or was it/is it more of a "we plan to expand on PoE for a long long time" type of phrase?

3) Do you feel, in a broad sense, that PoE is in a high-point or mid-point right now in terms of features/development of the game over its lifetime? For example, right on 1.0.0 was an insane high point because of the publicity, new players, and immense new content that came out. on the other hand, while still very enjoyable, some of the other patches (nemesis patch as an example) were a bit "slower" in the feel of the game's overall hype and 'expansiveness' if that makes sense. Would you feel like PoE is in one of these higher points right now?

4) How often does someone at GGG simply state an idea and it becomes something in the game? e.g. someone simply says something like "ooo maybe a skill where you pull enemies in to a point then BOOM damage! :D" and then it enters the game?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info