Developer Questions and Answers

Are you considering making rare flasks, maybe just with four mods like with jewels?

Of course many of the prefixes should not be able to roll together (for eksample "66% Reduced Amount Recovered, Instant Recovery" and "50% Increased Recovery Speed")

While we are at it, I have some ideas for new prefixes, that would allow more variation

x% of life recovery is transfered to energy shield
Recovery is not stopped when reaching full resource
Gain x life/mana gained on hit during flask effect
Gain x% of resource regenerated per second during flask effect
flask recovery is increased by the percentage of resource you are missing, y% less recovery
Now that the Awakening has released, what is your next main focus with the game (where you will throw most of your resources). Is it revamping existing content, creating new content? Or maybe a better trading experience (pleasebethisonepleasebethisone)? Or maybe something else entirely? Thanks for your time :)
Last edited by MadScientist92 on Aug 24, 2015, 3:59:29 AM
Do you consider the removal of Eternal orbs a success? Are there any plans to reintroduce them with a slightly different mechanic that don't allow items that are crafted with eternal orbs to be mirrored, to promote high end crafting for yourself? Right now i feel there is a gap missing for those of us that want to craft our own end game items, but with the removal of the eternal orb its just not feasible.
Warbands League is in bad shape imo. What are your plans about it, if any ?

What is your opinion on the PoE community ?

If you're going through hell, keep going. Timezone GMT +2:00
Hello GGG.

First of all thank you for the game! It's been a blast playing it.

Some question still remain though;

Are there any updates planned for guilds? And how do you guys see guilds evolving in the game? I would love the idea of guild specific events, like collect x kills or something as a guild. Perhaps as extra challenges? Or a way to build something together with the guild like a guild ho? In that regard how do you guys see teamplay evolving in the game? This league it seems like high mf solo play is more advantageous than teamplay or is that just me :)

Some of my friends have quit the game since the 2.0 release because of various nerfs to the game. (think life leech, aura's, ..) How do you decide wether a mechanic in the game is overpowered? I mean there are tons of exploits happening as we speak, for instance the loot explosion ghost farming with reverse knockbacks. SRS, incinerate, flame totems, PA, ... If you compare these to like other skills such as glacial hammer, flame arrow, spark, artic breath, ele hit (which got buffed), frost blades, ... Don't you feel like these skills have way to much power or the ^(-1) of that. (inverse, so the other skills don't have engough power). So I would like to know how you finally decide this skill/map/boss/mechanic should be buffed/nerfed like the whole proces behind that. How do you evalute such things? Why does it sometimes take weeks/months ?

Another skills comparison in this regard for me is Flame Dash vs Whirling Blades. I mean whirling blades doesn't have charges and flame dash does? Why? It's not like I'm using the dmg from flame dash anyway? For a movement skill I feel like it's weird design? How do you guys get ideas for new skills, concepts? How do you balance it with in place skills?

Do you guys use agile development? Like for instance scrum? (With a huge clipboard with post-it's?)

Anyway thx for reading.

Regards from Belgium!

Hello GGG,

1. Do you consider an alternative to forum-crawlers, like adding an API to view our inventory or stuff ?
Eve Online (which I played only a few months tbh) had a pretty nice one :
- You can make different level of authorizations depending on the use (forum for status, local app for skill planning, etc...)
- it was read only, so no transactions here.

It might give players better control on who sees what. The rumor of inventory being viewable by crawlers has probably frightened a lot of players. Some light on this is welcome too :)

2. Will there be any way to have our portal connected to our hideout instead of the town ? Like a default behavior to check somewhere.

3. With my summoner, I gave up using the Stygian Revenant due to the irritating sound they constantly make if not moving. Do you intend to change something about it ? Like mute spectre, or changin audio, or whatever you feel suitable.

4. Is there any plan on doing something for CI builds ? Like ES flasks or something against stun.

5. Any plans on being able to master-craft flasks and jewels ?

Thanks for reading, good luck processing all the questions in this thread !

P.S. : I play PoE as a semi-casual for now 3 years. I love your work, and especially your ethic. Nobody's perfect, but GGG is an awesome game company for a player like me (I'm 38, fyi).
Last edited by Pulsahr on Aug 24, 2015, 4:46:28 AM
I know this would be a huge job with re-writing etc, but will you ever concider re-doing some of the engine to take advantage of DX10-12, and not strictly stick to DX9?
Has this ever been a topic internally that you actually concidered?
Ambush IGN: Kvazzminions | EKvazz
Gonna post another question while I'm at it!

Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit?! (books, not movies)
Ambush IGN: Kvazzminions | EKvazz
"
darkjoy wrote:

Will we ever see a proper trading system?

Will you ever introduce inventory tabs (similar to stash tabs but with a limit)?

When will be get the Frozen Orb and Blessed Hammer skills? (I see mobs using them in A4)

THESE THINGS!!! OMG THE INVENTORY TABS PLEASE!!!!!!
not exactly future content but any plans on releasing the 3d models so players could 3d print them? for those who don't own 3d printers there is shapeways and for GGG smite/hirez partnered up with sandboxr to sell the 3d printed figurines, who knows.. maybe this could come to PoE

would love to have a model of some mobs and weapons to decorate with.

this could also open up community made 3d animations too...possible contest?

also second question, when is bex gonna get a raise? never seen a community rep work so hard in my life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info