Developer Questions and Answers

Question 1:

Shotguns are cool. We like shotguns. Idea: 'shoot all your bullets in its face' is very compeling in games, ask any gamer.

Yet shotguns are gone in PoE.

I understand balancing is important, but can you somehow revive this cool mechanic?

Like: 'Each consecutive projectile from the same source deals 50% less damage than previous one'

2 projectiles hit same mob: 150% total damage.
3 projectiles hit same mob: 175% total damage.
infinite number of projectiles hit same mob: 200% total damage.

You get the idea ;)

Question 2:

I use flame dash and incinerate on my main and these skills are clunky. Flame dash doesn't instantly dash, instead my character move to position, then dash. Incinerate locks on enemy, instead of spewing flames in cursor location. I'd rather dash at once in general cursor direction, to avoid danger. And incinerate in cursor location too, so I attack what I want. I know, I know, I can use 'shift' key for that, but that's pressing 2 buttons to do one action, when it should behave like I want by default. Or at least, be configurable.

Could you improve these skills?
Not a signature.
Last edited by Turbodevil on Aug 24, 2015, 4:30:50 AM
Are you considering adding elemental life or mana leech on the tree?
How do you like jewel sockets? Can we expect more of them on the passive tree or less?
Can we have Power / Endurance / Frenzy charges without 2 surrounding duration nodes?
Hi GGG, long time player, and I'm glad that you're open to the fans questions.

Just a couple of things.

Are you thinking about the optimization of the game in terms of FPS drops? I feel kinda ridiculous when I'm playing a fracture map and my fps go to the ground (even with everything off). Not even talk about the strongboxes of death, though. And... for the record, just in case somebody is wondering, yes, I have a nice computer.

Second: as the story of POE seems to be reaching its end (OK, we just killed a god, that's a lot) are you thinking about more acts in the distant future? Its a topic of interest to me.

Third. On the same topic, have you ever thought about the idea of making POE an offline game, also in the distant future, when it's all said and done? I've always thought that this game would be absolutely awesome with mods like D2 had in the past (we all remember Median or Nezeramontias or Eastern Sun I guess) but I do realize that as an online game, that cannot be doable or it probably wont be profitable for you guys. Still, I'm asking about things on the long run, and I would settle with a "We haven't even thought about that".

Thank you for your answers and I apologize if my english isn't good enough or if my questions have been answered previously. Love your game and hope it lasts long.
- Elemental proliferation got hit by a truck. Are there any plans on this gem changing (particularily for melee builds), or is this it's final form?

- Aurify curse, are there any plans on this gem making it into the realm?
Last edited by Chazaqiel on Aug 24, 2015, 3:47:03 AM
I have a bunch of friends that would play the game if it was better looking.Are there any plans to improve the graphical state of the game?

I for one love the dark gory theme,i probably need new friends tbh.
Are you considering giving Beyond bosses their map-dropping power back?
I'm not a native English speaker. Should you spot a mistake in my post, feel free to point it out. Thanks!
Standard IGN: Aerandair
Divination Card results: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1591823
Will we see some new Vaal skills? I'd love a Vaal Magma Orb that bounces like 30 times and jumps off walls too, just bounces everywhere around a room. A Firestorm that spawns Molten Strike effects where the fireballs land, or just brings down a giant meteor. Frost Wall that freezes your character for X seconds but makes you ultra-resistant to damage while frozen. Those Vaal Curse "zone" ideas that were once mentioned!

EDIT: Also, can we get some goofy April Fool's Day races next year? :) Three hour 50 Jonah Unchaineds per map? Endless ledge with 10000% rarity? 12 minute burst race where everyone's character suddenly bursts after 12 minutes like the Volatile Blood effect and no one wins? One hour Atziris Everywhere?
Last edited by MarsPhoenix on Aug 24, 2015, 3:52:28 AM
What if we could "bank" quality?

For example, you vendor 5 flasks that total up to 42% quality, meaning you're 2% over the glass bauble recipe cost, thus wasting it. However, what if you got not only the bauble, but also 2 bauble shards. They could add shards for armor/weapon/flask/gem quality items and they would of course need to stack to 40, before converting to their respective quality improving item.

Have you guys ever thought about adding the town portal from the portal scrolls/skill, to the waypoint, to tidy up the town maps a bit and prevent accidentally going back through the portal? It's rare that it happens, but it's still highly annoying when it does.

I would like to know how often you guys read through players suggestions and start a "development process" to implement the suggestion.
Also talking about content, not only about QoL.
Have you ever thought of revamping the skills Glacial hammer heavy strike And the other single target melee skills? I think you could do a lot with the skills like Adding a hitscan to the ability and letting us run while using them. I personaly love the idea of glacial hammer but You sacrifice too much mobility AND Aoe. Ever thought of buffing The aoe or mobility of the melee single target skills?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info