Master Crafting Metamods

"
BackwoodsS wrote:
"

You have any proof that GGG didn't do it then?

exactly...

Hilariously defensive sister.

Its a real bummer reading this thread. I understand this is a game and there will be a lot of young people. But the ignorance and entitlement on display is scary. Asking to prove a negative? When will these people show up at my house to take what they deserve?

If your refrigerator is full of beers and pepperoni, I'll be right there!
I wonder if an exalt recipe already exists.
"
Acebeans wrote:

Nah, it doesn't.

Don't waste your time.
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
"
Ventor wrote:
"
Acebeans wrote:

Nah, it doesn't.

Don't waste your time.

Where is Qarl when we need him?
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:

The fact they allowed him, or helped him, change his name and account because of his past reputation, that way he could go back to doing what he is doing, and then go through the trouble of changing it back for him, says a lot about GGG.

It says that GGG are too nice. They should at least charge money for name changes. Also it's not only him, everyone can request a name change and GGG will do it. You make it sound like they made an exception for him, they did not.

Hahah no. Pretty sure only a minority of people would look at it that way. Especially with how they let people get destroyed, and encouraged it, with the whole crafting fiasco. They have always like this cut-throat dirty play.

And, me and you both know they like to play favorites. Ive been around this game as long as you have. GGG plays favorites; always have always will. That might not bother some, but the bigger a game gets, the more it does. Its pretty obvious that the 1% always get better treatment; its been like this for a very long time. Hell, you even get personal emails with Chris when you are up there. And, you get various benefits to boot.

Personally, I dont care that much about that stuff to a point. Thats their perogative. I'm merely stating it to show a pattern and to make my point.

But allowing a guy to be a scumbag, and then giving him an out, and then letting him go back to sort of rub it in people's faces, is wrong no matter how you slice it. Thats not being nice. If he soured his name to that degree, he deserves to suffer the consequences. Thats the bottom line. You shouldn't get a free out just because you can email Chris on a personal level.

Thats the 2 issues I have with this entire situation. I don't actually care that much that they ripped everyone off. Anyone that plays this game realizes thats just how it goes. Its nothing but scams and screwing people. But, when they enable it with a post, and then delete it, FOR WHATEVER REASON, and allow a few EXTRA people who managed to see the post before it was deleted, destroy people, well I have an issue with that. Even if their policy is no info, once you do it, its done. There is no going back. We all know in this day and age, 1 second of information people can abuse and run with. If a streamer accidentally flashes his skype name for a millisecond, someone saw it, and someone starts DDOSing them. So, for a key post to remain up for 10 minutes is a lifetime. Hell, there are screenshots of it floating around. And, then they sit by and let it happen. I'll tell you one thing, constantly pandering to the 1% and allowing the other 99% to continually get screwed, and actively encouraging and enabling it, isn't healthy in the long run. That 99% will start shrinking; esp. when information comes out.

And my other issue is allowing these guys to do dirty things, and then helping them change their accounts and names to circumvent their actions in game. Look, you want to scam thousands of people, screw them, murder them, whatever, then do it up. I have no qualms about it. But, if you do that, you deserve to own your reputation. You should not be able to circumvent that reputation because you are buddies with some GGG members. You made your bed, lie in it. Thats life. If this economy, and this game, is constantly referenced by people about life, well good will and reputations count for a lot in the real world, and if he ruined his, he deserves to deal with the consequences. Not message his GGG buddy up and say, hey man swap me around for 6 weeks so I can wreck this league, then swap me back so I can go, "gotcha."

And, another issue related to this whole debacle, is GGG still not having a real trade system of their own. Constantly relying on 3rd parties to manage it, where their own players have to give out their login info, and allowing other people to make trading programs that give them huge advantages in trading, is wrong and slowly starting to bite them in the ass. Why they havent implemented a system by now is just ludicrous. It really is. The fact this game is HEAVILY based on trading, and they rely on 3rd party software to enable that, is rediculous. Its funny how dead this game is when Poe.Trade is down. Its also going to be funny when these 3rd party software having access to people's login info, and emails, starts biting them in the ass. And, it will one day.
Chris
Prefix Can't be changed is different from all properties being removed.

We should have all expected this, they balance using desync and alt+f4.

I would write more, but it is pointless to talk to walls.
"Champ?

Piss off with your attempts at condescension. I'm fucking Charan. Who the fuck are you?
I'm out. This is pathetic. Have fun licking up the sloppy seconds, Bambi.
Cloak of de fiance. What a load." -- Ruler of Wraeclast.
Last edited by TLrKittens on Aug 23, 2015, 5:24:24 PM
"
TLrKittens wrote:
Chris
Prefix Can't be changed is different from all properties being removed.

We should have all expected this, they balance using desync and alt+f4.

I would write more, but it is pointless to talk to walls.

+1 really feels like against walls
Guys maybe is stupid but... I'm not reading alot forums and if someone talk about it sorry. I'm just curious how everytime one small group of "elite players" knows some insane secret method to make currency. And why some dev delete these topics? It sound to me like to protect them, to "exploit" this method long as possible. Because when all know this method will be not so effective as before. It is impossible same ppl everytime. For example Eternals! Few ppl bought all eternals before they announce that they will be legacy. All this .. I don't like it. It sound like small group exploit every time the rest of players. Even smartest can't learn these tricks alone.
"
Joleco wrote:
Guys maybe is stupid but... I'm not reading alot forums and if someone talk about it sorry. I'm just curious how everytime one small group of "elite players" knows some insane secret method to make currency. And why some dev delete these topics? It sound to me like to protect them, to "exploit" this method long as possible. Because when all know this method will be not so effective as before. It is impossible same ppl everytime. For example Eternals! Few ppl bought all eternals before they announce that they will be legacy. All this .. I don't like it. It sound like small group exploit every time the rest of players. Even smartest can't learn these tricks alone.

Regarding Eternals, I'd recommend just not buying them anymore. You seriously don't need them now and at this point you won't be able to resell them for a meaningful profit. The only users for Eternals now are rich as Croesus players who still craft mirror-worthy gear - and they and their kind have already hoarded most of the Eternals. So let them use them. And if they don't, then let them stew in their legacy market with no buyers to profit off of. Holding a 100 million dollar diamond is useless if you can't find a buyer for it.

Regarding the general exploitation of the market, give it time. The market will correct itself now after a while now that this info is out. Just be patient. But fuck those Eternals! Just don't bother with them anymore. Collectively, we can all MAKE THEM WORTHLESS!
the reason the big crafters bought all the eternals coming up to 2.0 is because new weapon bases and new higher level item mods were announced. They bought the eternals in order to craft a new set of best in slot mirror worthy items, they had no idea eternals were being removed. When that was announced it basically destroyed their plans to use them for mass crafting that they were banking on to keep making them super rich for the next few years, but came with the up side of their eternals now being worth a lot more than they got them for so they made some instant profit all the same.

There was one post deleted, Qarl deleted his post because it potentially revealed information that was supposed to be something the player base had to find out on their own. This happened a year ago, 1 post deleted a year ago, it didnt have anything to do with protecting the people who used the master crafting tricks in these current leagues.

Despite lots of people here going crazy over stuff, if you are reading this and youre not exactly sure what has happened, the bottom line is that nothing under handed actually took place, its all just meaningless hot air and people who dont know the facts jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Everyone just take a chill pill, make a cup of tea, run a radox bath, deep breath.... its ok, everythings fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info