Master Crafting Metamods

"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Rampe69 wrote:
Oh please people, stop acting so entitled...

Yea please stop guys. So what if GGG gave them the backdoor tipping to 20,000 exalts?
It has nothing to do with you. Stop being so entitled.

it turned out that never actually happened in the end. The whole 70 mirrors thing was a lie, they photoshopped the screenshot. Chris looked on the guys account and he had 8 mirrors, the dude emailed chris and admitted it was a faked image, and chris confirmed there wasnt anywhere close to 70 mirrors existing in the entire league. The reality of the situation turned out to be so far from all the hot air going around, no mechanics changed in 2.0, the wealth gained was a lie, the guy in their guild isnt even one of the developers, just a random member of staff with no inside info on crafting and recipes the community doesnt have.

People just want to be upset and are ignoring the facts that have come to light because they would rather cling to their outrage, on some level they enjoy being upset more than they care about knowing what really happened. Its an excuse, essentially, a fake ticket to the misery they desire to feel that they dont want to let go of.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Rampe69 wrote:
Oh please people, stop acting so entitled...

Yea please stop guys. So what if GGG gave them the backdoor tipping to 20,000 exalts?
It has nothing to do with you. Stop being so entitled.

it turned out that never actually happened in the end. The whole 70 mirrors thing was a lie, they photoshopped the screenshot. Chris looked on the guys account and he had 8 mirrors, the dude emailed chris and admitted it was a faked image, and chris confirmed there wasnt anywhere close to 70 mirrors existing in the entire league. The reality of the situation turned out to be so far from all the hot air going around, no mechanics changed in 2.0, the wealth gained was a lie, the guy in their guild isnt even one of the developers, just a random member of staff with no inside info on crafting and recipes the community doesnt have.

People just want to be upset and are ignoring the facts that have come to light because they would rather cling to their outrage, on some level they enjoy being upset more than they care about knowing what really happened. Its an excuse, essentially, a fake ticket to the misery they desire to feel that they dont want to let go of.

The fact they allowed him, or helped him, change his name and account because of his past reputation, that way he could go back to doing what he is doing, and then go through the trouble of changing it back for him, says a lot about GGG.

So this guy makes himself hated, and GGG steps in and changes his name and account for him so he can start over? Where is the fairness in that? The old saying goes, "If you make your bed, you have to lie in it." If he soured his name to the point it was affecting his trading, thats his fault. He made his bed. But GGG stepping in and changing his name for him allowing him to go back to his trading ways, and then allowing him to swap back in a "gotcha" moment, speaks a lot to how GGG is run.

The ethics of this company is shot to hell and back. I regret ever giving them a dollar of my money. I dont care much about what this guy did, or the scamming. It happens. I do care about the company endorsing, promoting, and enabling it, and apparently, on a personal and individual level. So, I'll never give them another cent.
"
I'm making this post per request of Voc. Let's say, I'm a programmer for all practical purposes. Skimming the JSON data on yahoo and recording stock prices, and parsing it a useful way can be done in 10 lines of Microsoft F#. Anyone who is calling VOC a fanatic for claiming that software that parses JSON/Forum/Meta data for Path of Exile exists, just don't know much about programming. It would be so easy to make a spider that skims this data it's virtually impossible someone hasn't made it. VOC has shown evidence such software does exist, and is used in practice. Assuming poe.trade is hosted on an amazon cloud VM or Azure Cloud, anyone could easily overwhelm a low budget website querying it very often. No, you won't overwhelm dedicated website hosting, but if you notice, VERY recently poetrade has moved to ads on the website. Why? Possibly because A: lots of people are using the site B: lots of people using it and some people are skimming it so fast, he can no longer afford the traffic. I have a link to some screenshots to a conversation POEDG members were having when they didn't know I was still in the party. I posted them on reddit/path and it was shadowbanned shortly after DG crew showed up to spam my post with baseless nonsense.
It's amusing that someone who programs and maintains an AHK and TCP disconnect claims he does not cheat. No, these things do not equal cheating, I'm aware. This is not my point. If I spent all my time on reddit posting about Macros, Autowalkers ect, what would make you think I did not use them?
Chris Wilson, am I allowed to modify/play with/run programs that interact with the TCP/UDP traffic of PoE? A TCP disconnect program may not "modify" TCP data, but is this against the TOS? If it is not, what other modifications am I allowed to make to the TCP traffic? Please either A: layout guidelines for what parts of the game I'm allowed to modify while playing it, or outright ban the use of a TCP Disconnect and AHKs that give someone a clear advantage the game client itself does not offer. Saying a TCP disconnect is the same as blocking it on a firewall may be technically true, but it's skating around the actual issue at hand; macros and botting. A firewall uses rules to block traffic, but those rules don't typically including reading the screen to see if you are low on health, and then executing a disconnect.
Are custom POE overlays allowed? If not, lutbot is against the ToS. If it's not against the ToS, then a custom PoE overlay that shows me what's in the map before I get there, is THAT allowed? What about what mods nearby mobs have, is THAT allowed? What about a program that moves and shoots for me, is that allowed?
Screenshots of DG crew talking about JSP in the new league: http://imgur.com/a/uUKRX
You can find the AHK that a Lutcikaur made here: http://lutbot.com/

Spot on sir, i love poe but its full of grey areas, you reminded me of a question i allways ask myself: Should i use or shouln't i use a program that pots for me logs out for me when i drop x% of life, but then isnt that cheating? but then why not just have a bot for me playing? where is the line? and then why aren't the people using it banned? why do i have to hear from people how great they are at the game when they are using this shit programs everyday for the past 1 and 1/2 years cant even pot for them self anymore... Its really sad but thats poe...
EDIT: Why isnt this 1st page so everyone can see about the crafting? i myself found this by mistake/bored and didnt know about the crafting till i read this...
Last edited by mirificel on Aug 22, 2015, 11:57:49 PM
"
mirificel wrote:
"
I'm making this post per request of Voc. Let's say, I'm a programmer for all practical purposes. Skimming the JSON data on yahoo and recording stock prices, and parsing it a useful way can be done in 10 lines of Microsoft F#. Anyone who is calling VOC a fanatic for claiming that software that parses JSON/Forum/Meta data for Path of Exile exists, just don't know much about programming. It would be so easy to make a spider that skims this data it's virtually impossible someone hasn't made it. VOC has shown evidence such software does exist, and is used in practice. Assuming poe.trade is hosted on an amazon cloud VM or Azure Cloud, anyone could easily overwhelm a low budget website querying it very often. No, you won't overwhelm dedicated website hosting, but if you notice, VERY recently poetrade has moved to ads on the website. Why? Possibly because A: lots of people are using the site B: lots of people using it and some people are skimming it so fast, he can no longer afford the traffic. I have a link to some screenshots to a conversation POEDG members were having when they didn't know I was still in the party. I posted them on reddit/path and it was shadowbanned shortly after DG crew showed up to spam my post with baseless nonsense.
It's amusing that someone who programs and maintains an AHK and TCP disconnect claims he does not cheat. No, these things do not equal cheating, I'm aware. This is not my point. If I spent all my time on reddit posting about Macros, Autowalkers ect, what would make you think I did not use them?
Chris Wilson, am I allowed to modify/play with/run programs that interact with the TCP/UDP traffic of PoE? A TCP disconnect program may not "modify" TCP data, but is this against the TOS? If it is not, what other modifications am I allowed to make to the TCP traffic? Please either A: layout guidelines for what parts of the game I'm allowed to modify while playing it, or outright ban the use of a TCP Disconnect and AHKs that give someone a clear advantage the game client itself does not offer. Saying a TCP disconnect is the same as blocking it on a firewall may be technically true, but it's skating around the actual issue at hand; macros and botting. A firewall uses rules to block traffic, but those rules don't typically including reading the screen to see if you are low on health, and then executing a disconnect.
Are custom POE overlays allowed? If not, lutbot is against the ToS. If it's not against the ToS, then a custom PoE overlay that shows me what's in the map before I get there, is THAT allowed? What about what mods nearby mobs have, is THAT allowed? What about a program that moves and shoots for me, is that allowed?
Screenshots of DG crew talking about JSP in the new league: http://imgur.com/a/uUKRX
You can find the AHK that a Lutcikaur made here: http://lutbot.com/

Spot on sir, i love poe but its full of grey areas, you reminded me of a question i allways ask myself: Should i use or shouln't i use a program that pots for me logs out for me when i drop x% of life, but then isnt that cheating? but then why not just have a bot for me playing? where is the line? and then why aren't the people using it banned? why do i have to hear from people how great they are at the game when they are using this shit programs everyday for the past 1 and 1/2 years cant even pot for them self anymore... Its really sad but thats poe...
EDIT: Why isnt this 1st page so everyone can see about the crafting? i myself found this by mistake/bored and didnt know about the crafting till i read this...

Sorry that this will just look like a huge wall of text, but I felt as though this was needed. Although I've only been playing POE for a short time (Just before Awakening was released), I'd like to say I'm fairly up-to-date with most things that go on. Just to clarify, those who think Voc is simply a fanatic talking up bullshit about indexers and other shady things. GGG has obviously made a lot of their data very public and this allows those with the knowledge and tools to use it to their advantage. At the same time, this brings up issues of HOW they're using this openly available data. This is where GGG seem to have failed. This data can also be used for unethical (lets just call it that for now) purposes and GGG haven't drawn a line on what's 'within' the rules and whats against it, let alone doing anything about this rising problem.
Yeah right .
Personally I don't really care about the whole thing I've played and enjoyed the game as I always have, managed to craft a bunch of nice axes and 2 worth 8ex+ so far without these crafting tricks.

Tbh this is just another case of "omg he has what I want so now I'm mad", who cares about some other dude's wealth? Just play the game, if your focus is amassing wealth do that, I haven't had a problem getting a comfortable currency pile by just playing normally without these tricks so I'm sure if that's what you really care about and focused on it you could make heaps.
IGNs - GotBrainDamageInIntro
Last edited by Wang_Jouster on Aug 23, 2015, 9:51:23 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

sigh sister, you missed out the point. whether or not GGG did what they did or not, it doesn't change the end result. Just stop being so entitled (or hilariously defensive towards anything people say).

Interdasting damage control for having no proofs, "sister".

You have any proof that GGG didn't do it then?

exactly...

Hilariously defensive sister.

Heh, now you went from interesting damage control to terrible damage control. You sound like the religious people who claim you can't prove that there's no god and therefore there must be a god. Top kek. I also like your passive-agressive "sister" talk, so mad I pissed all over your conspiracy theory? :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Aug 23, 2015, 9:43:11 AM
"
Destructodave wrote:

The fact they allowed him, or helped him, change his name and account because of his past reputation, that way he could go back to doing what he is doing, and then go through the trouble of changing it back for him, says a lot about GGG.

It says that GGG are too nice. They should at least charge money for name changes. Also it's not only him, everyone can request a name change and GGG will do it. You make it sound like they made an exception for him, they did not.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"

exactly...

Its a real bummer reading this thread. I understand this is a game and there will be a lot of young people. But the ignorance and entitlement on display is scary. Asking to prove a negative? When will these people show up at my house to take what they deserve?
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
"

exactly...

Its a real bummer reading this thread. I understand this is a game and there will be a lot of young people. But the ignorance and entitlement on display is scary. Asking to prove a negative? When will these people show up at my house to take what they deserve?

Amen to that.

The sad thing is,a majority don't know what you are talking about and
will keep on droning their caca.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info