Master Crafting Metamods

"
Ventor wrote:
"
Acebeans wrote:
I wonder if an exalt recipe already exists.

Nah, it doesn't.

Don't waste your time.

I see what you did there. How salty are people about your lies? Have you received any nasty PMs yet?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Ventor wrote:
"
Acebeans wrote:
I wonder if an exalt recipe already exists.

Nah, it doesn't.

Don't waste your time.

I see what you did there. How salty are people about your lies? Have you received any nasty PMs yet?

I have received some pretty nasty ones.
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
the reason the big crafters bought all the eternals coming up to 2.0 is because new weapon bases and new higher level item mods were announced. They bought the eternals in order to craft a new set of best in slot mirror worthy items, they had no idea eternals were being removed. When that was announced it basically destroyed their plans to use them for mass crafting that they were banking on to keep making them super rich for the next few years, but came with the up side of their eternals now being worth a lot more than they got them for so they made some instant profit all the same.

There was one post deleted, Qarl deleted his post because it potentially revealed information that was supposed to be something the player base had to find out on their own. This happened a year ago, 1 post deleted a year ago, it didnt have anything to do with protecting the people who used the master crafting tricks in these current leagues.

Despite lots of people here going crazy over stuff, if you are reading this and youre not exactly sure what has happened, the bottom line is that nothing under handed actually took place, its all just meaningless hot air and people who dont know the facts jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Everyone just take a chill pill, make a cup of tea, run a radox bath, deep breath.... its ok, everythings fine.

Thanks for the answer. But I don't believe in that. Too much coincidences. It's like f***** big net, and everything is linked. I can't believe that one person(or small group its same) will discover all these things and tricks alone, everytime. If you hit jackpot it will be just once. If you trying to convince me that some ppl discover these things without a clue alone.... nah. But most frustrating is the delete of the post from some dev. And that explanation is.... a ******* joke.

All you have to do is code your program to scan profile of each of the players in that list.[/quote]

except those kind of programs should not be allowed in the first place. If we're not allowed a particle remover in order to enhance our experience from GGG's failed optimization, why should a program be allowed to scan players inventories without their permission? That's a violation of their privacy[/quote]

lol it's a video game you have no right to privacy. This will never effect you in any way and if your like me you've had your profile public anyways
THE DEFINITIVE ANALYSIS OF THIS ENTIRE THREAD/ISSUE

***the issue is not that some people got rich***

#1<<the description on scouring orbs contradicted the master mods saying prefixes/suffixes cannot be changed/>>

given the truth that the orb descriptions are vague, it should not be expected that anyone would even follow any particular line of thinking, but the cost to try it out for youself was very high a few months ago and was priced in eternal orbs (5:1 ex from 4/15-9/15). I've never found an eternal (played 5000hrs as of this date, have found about 25ex)

THe scouring orb says it removes everything, the master mod says cannot be changed.....very grey area, total BS that Chris patronizes us saying we should have known what it meant.
Qarl steps in to try and help (valiantly) to no avail.

There is some mention of an inventory crawler that could and did shut down poe.xyz during a critical time period for the warbands league, to gain an unfair advantage with unfair orbs and gear. I don't like this. Very obvious these cheaters ruined the league and GGG should ban them.

I also don't like that GGG has a person identified with a private guild. It just raises suspicions and raises concerns of there being an unfair advantage. Is there any advantage of there being a GGG member in any guild?

I don't like how exalteds are so expensive. I'd say the ratio of chaos to exalteds based on my experience are like 1:80 for the chaos. It's more a function of how fast each survives before going down the drain. Different birth and death rates as it were.

Last edited by Xaxarius on Aug 23, 2015, 10:13:46 PM
Cant belive that this still isn't on the 1st page so everyone can see, gj keep it in the grey like everything else...
"
Xaxarius wrote:
THe scouring orb says it removes everything, the master mod says cannot be changed.....very grey area, total BS that Chris patronizes us saying we should have known what it meant.
Qarl steps in to try and help (valiantly) to no avail.

No, the scouring orb doesn't say "remove everything", it says "Removes all properties from an item". You choosed to believe that meta mods are considered properties of an item because you're used to the fact that scours removed everything. Seems meta mods ARE NOT properties of an item.

"

There is some mention of an inventory crawler that could and did shut down poe.xyz during a critical time period for the warbands league, to gain an unfair advantage with unfair orbs and gear. I don't like this. Very obvious these cheaters ruined the league and GGG should ban them.

Some mention yah.. like the private profile exploit and what not. 0 proofs.

"

I also don't like that GGG has a person identified with a private guild. It just raises suspicions and raises concerns of there being an unfair advantage. Is there any advantage of there being a GGG member in any guild?

So, you would prefer that they play anonymously ?

"

I don't like how exalteds are so expensive. I'd say the ratio of chaos to exalteds based on my experience are like 1:80 for the chaos. It's more a function of how fast each survives before going down the drain. Different birth and death rates as it were.

Again, you're used to something and now the fact that this thing isn't true anymore makes you loose your mind. Yes, exalts:chaos used to be 1:35 or something. Now exalts has more uses, is more valuable, so it's 1:60 or whatever. Live with it ! Maybe next patch, they'll introduce a new very important usage for chaos orbs and ex:chaos will go down to 1:10. The game is changing every patch, it's not bad at all.

Exalted orb have more uses yes, but for who ?

Those who can afford to craft with ex.

For leagues it's a disaster. At least for Warbands.

And this was well prepared by a small group of people. Market went mad before they spoke about it.

If you're going through hell, keep going. Timezone GMT +2:00
Last edited by Amoilesmobs on Aug 24, 2015, 9:03:10 AM
"
Joleco wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
the reason the big crafters bought all the eternals coming up to 2.0 is because new weapon bases and new higher level item mods were announced. They bought the eternals in order to craft a new set of best in slot mirror worthy items, they had no idea eternals were being removed. When that was announced it basically destroyed their plans to use them for mass crafting that they were banking on to keep making them super rich for the next few years, but came with the up side of their eternals now being worth a lot more than they got them for so they made some instant profit all the same.

There was one post deleted, Qarl deleted his post because it potentially revealed information that was supposed to be something the player base had to find out on their own. This happened a year ago, 1 post deleted a year ago, it didnt have anything to do with protecting the people who used the master crafting tricks in these current leagues.

Despite lots of people here going crazy over stuff, if you are reading this and youre not exactly sure what has happened, the bottom line is that nothing under handed actually took place, its all just meaningless hot air and people who dont know the facts jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Everyone just take a chill pill, make a cup of tea, run a radox bath, deep breath.... its ok, everythings fine.

Thanks for the answer. But I don't believe in that. Too much coincidences. It's like f***** big net, and everything is linked. I can't believe that one person(or small group its same) will discover all these things and tricks alone, everytime. If you hit jackpot it will be just once. If you trying to convince me that some ppl discover these things without a clue alone.... nah. But most frustrating is the delete of the post from some dev. And that explanation is.... a ******* joke.

one person didnt figure out all the tricks alone, one group of people didnt figure out all the tricks alone... one group of people figured out one trick, and another entirely different an unconnected group of people in an entirely different league bought eternals to craft and then eternlas were removed, the same group that buys eternals every time theres something new to craft. So there are no coincidences and thats why you cant believe it, because what you just said didnt actually happen.

But as you said, I can tell you the reality of the situation and you wont believe it because you dont want to believe it. Logic says Im right but that doesnt fit your emotional state and you want to justify your emotional state more than you want to know what really happened and hence change how you feel. Theres nothing anyone other than you can do about that Im afraid.

I was a little bit "hey, wait a minute mr, wtf is going on here?" when all the hot air was going around re: ggg changing mods in 2.0 and leaking info to certain players etc... but then it turned out none of that happened, so now I dont feel "wtf?" about the whole thing. Its ok to let go of those negative emotions, you dont owe them anything, theyre not doing you any favors, when theyre not even based in reality whats the point?

Im absolutely pjsalt about a number of issues in this game, Im "wait u wot m8s?" about certain grey area hots airs people have pointed at GGG, absolutely, but this instance just has no substance mate, dont do it to yourself, theres real fish to fry out there.
"
Dawmz wrote:

Again, you're used to something and now the fact that this thing isn't true anymore makes you loose your mind. Yes, exalts:chaos used to be 1:35 or something. Now exalts has more uses, is more valuable, so it's 1:60 or whatever. Live with it ! Maybe next patch, they'll introduce a new very important usage for chaos orbs and ex:chaos will go down to 1:10. The game is changing every patch, it's not bad at all.

honestly, I think any time an exalt is worth more than 30 chaos it is a bad thing for the game, its just a barrier to entry into mid tier trade and fucks crafting. The situation in warbands right now, imo, apocalyptic, Im done playing temp leagues if this is how its gonna be now. Its not a relative situation imo, exalts have functions outside of trade and their trade value effects those functions, the currency ratios absolutely matter in a game where the currency isnt just currency but also has alternate functionality imo.

I dont think change is good just because its change, I dont think its inherently neutral either, there can be good changes and bad changes. Imo this change makes an already bad situation unthinkably awful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info