Master Crafting Metamods

This.
Spoiler
"
Destructodave wrote:
The main issue here, is the fact that Carl confirmed a secret for a select few, then deleted the post which allowed these select few to profit from it.

Once he opened his mouth, it should have stayed open. Not delete and hide it while those lucky enough to see the post was allowed full reign over the economy.

The funniest part, to me, is that it was the right thing to do for Carl to step in and stop the misinformation so that the majority of players didn't get scammed. Then, he deleted it making the matters even worse than before when it was just one person spewing lies.

So you went from doing the right thing, to doing the completely wrong thing, then sitting back watching players get wrecked all this time.

No matter how you slice it, thats dirty as hell.

Thats the main portion of this problem. Another is how ambiguous the rule is to begin with, but another is simply the fact you confirmed, retracted, then sit back and allowed people to get screwed over.

Its pretty freaking slimy and dirty all the way around, and I honestly regret spending the money I've spent during this league, and doubt I'll be spending anymore.

This.
Spoiler
"
Fexus wrote:
Man I'd really like to go on a point by point rant, but I'm just too tired to be bothered at this point. What I will say is I'm officially done supporting this game. I don't want to be forced into back-alley shadey dealings, blackmail, or misleading my peers in order to be successful in a GAME.

It really seems you guys have lost the vision that the "spiritual successor" of a diablo game is. Hey hey, you wanna know how you should get currency/loot in these types of games? How about you devise a build, then take said build and kill monsters?. But that's not what Path of Exile is, is it? I don't want to be apart of these convoluted politics and ecomonics. I play a game to escape that bullshit in the real world. Your speak of being "clever" should only go as far as what builds can someone dream up today? Not how I can game the player base.

Now I must admit I've been in the dark since day 1 that this was your intended manifesto. Had I known sooner I would've bailed a long time ago. But it really is no surprise. Nothing is intuitive in the game. Why should it be any different out of it either?

You can keep the damn shirt.

And this.

Spoiler
"
Peripherally wrote:
So much incredible going on here. Like some, not really sure how to respond to it.

Chris, you and all you devs have a responsibility to the entire POE community to make and keep the playing field as even as possible. This whole incident is rooted in GGG going against that principle. Qarl's comment should have been left up, so what followed would have been natural understanding by the whole community. You guys failed your players.

By deleting and "helping to keep the secret", you allowed the ones who did see it and grasp what it meant to benefit immensely. This is wrong, morally and ethically, on so many levels. If nothing else, you and GGG should know many people lost some faith in your company today. I don't expect people who make the game to act like people who play the game, typically wanting to hoard wealth and control "mini"-market economies like they are so many Donald Trumps. Literally, devs are above that on the chain of company > end-user.

You claim to have done so in the interest of allowing "clever" people to benefit from whatever quirks they discover within POE. Do you imagine that most people have enough currency to be tinkering ad infinitum with level 8 master mods? How many people do you think even reach level 8 on masters in temp leagues? The sheer number of presumptions built up here is staggering. Most people cannot and do not and will not even approach the kind of game time + game currency required to simply be "clever enough" to find out how different mods/master crafts work. Yet this is claimed as a reward for the "clever" ones.

The elitist mentalities pervading the OP leaves me speechless...

The situation was handled poorly and I hope they do better in the future.
nevermind
Last edited by brain9h on Sep 19, 2015, 10:13:32 PM
Thank you to whoever decided that a decent fix to this was reducing the chance to get paragon while exalting a +2 to gems item.
Blew 25 ex and dint get one.
And don't tell me you did not fiddle with the roll chances. I made 5 +3s (staffs/bows) in the week the method came out and there were +3 threads popping all over the forum.

I'd tell you to fuck off but you'd probably like that.
"
fonzychickoon wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
I'd like to give my opinion on why you GGG are wrong on this issue.

This isn't like a normal vendor recipe where if a player finds out the information then shares it with the community it is essentially a neutral act for that player and the community he shares it with. This is completely different in that when a player finds out this information he instead wants to use this information against the community this has the secondary result of you GGG effectively indirectly picking winners and losers by choosing to contain this information within a small part of the community which, again, uses it against the rest of the community. Not to mention the way this works contradicts the intuitive functionality of the scours and there is no indication to believe otherwise.

Sorry GGG I think this was an unethical move. The effect of the information was far too significant in this case to withhold from the community at large.

I agree with this 100%. Saying "Oh well it is a reward for being clever" is a bullshit cop-out. That excuse might have held water to some extent, but not when GGG actively prevented the majority of the playerbase from acquiring the necessary information by deleting that post after only a few people had seen it. Once again, even providing the ability to use these "tricks" without making them public is totally unfair; actively manipulating/suppressing the information just makes it ten times worse. I am very disappointed.

Cannot be agree more, well said!

Also GGG can you buff master mods please! Masters = best choice after remove eternal, so at least gave us higher rolls and better mods, its time to buff master mods, after new act and new tier.
I think if GGG wants to keep their player base they better be on the side of the many not the few that are using their game mechanics against the player base consequently making the make game less fun to play. If i dont have enough currency to buy anything good because of these people cornering the currency market, not to mention drop rates are so low in this game for anything good, then i have only two choices... Either i have to play the game 60 hours a week to have progress or i have to buy currency through the very websites that GGG says not to use. So its simple GGG, fix your game so its fun for the 95% of us instead of the hardcore 5%. If you don't then there are other games to play. It just makes me angry that i like this game so much but i cant get any good items ever. your game is fun but lets face it, if i have to play the same map 100 times to make enough currency to buy an item that allows me to progress after a certain point then its just work dude. AS IN "NOT FUN". I'm writing this because i want to keep playing but you need to do something about this problem. Its making the game tedious to play and thats not good. Please its called BALANCING! Free to play or not please balance the drop rates or the mechanics to keep the game fun or else your game will just be played by the 5% until they move on to the next new game to exploit.
"
Duff187 wrote:
I think if GGG wants to keep their player base they better be on the side of the many not the few that are using their game mechanics against the player base consequently making the make game less fun to play. If i dont have enough currency to buy anything good because of these people cornering the currency market, not to mention drop rates are so low in this game for anything good, then i have only two choices... Either i have to play the game 60 hours a week to have progress or i have to buy currency through the very websites that GGG says not to use. So its simple GGG, fix your game so its fun for the 95% of us instead of the hardcore 5%. If you don't then there are other games to play. It just makes me angry that i like this game so much but i cant get any good items ever. your game is fun but lets face it, if i have to play the same map 100 times to make enough currency to buy an item that allows me to progress after a certain point then its just work dude. AS IN "NOT FUN". I'm writing this because i want to keep playing but you need to do something about this problem. Its making the game tedious to play and thats not good. Please its called BALANCING! Free to play or not please balance the drop rates or the mechanics to keep the game fun or else your game will just be played by the 5% until they move on to the next new game to exploit.

Agree, even that insane crazy enhancement system absolutely NOT for most players, it only make depression and forced players to use illegal method (for example (just example!) bots) to acquire ONE fucking enhancement because GGG make it and balanced it around 5% or more like 0,2% players who scams and use tricks like VOC and his team that used dupe and stuff to be rich and GGG know all of it and do nothing.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 6:49:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info