Master Crafting Metamods

"
Jentry wrote:
As far as the private profile data, all I can tell you is that I know with 100% certainty that it is possible to see through the "Private" part of the profile. I know this because, as I described, it is the root of how I figured out the crafting methodology that was apparently "Public" for the last year. Over the past month I have been communicating with different coders and tools developers who are in our community. Most of these guys have amazing knowledge about the game that goes way beyond what I had previously imagined. It was in my discussions with these guys that I found that a small few of them could post string data on the item information of peoples private profile.

TL;DR: PoE has been completely hacked, all your profiles belong to us.
"
Dawmz wrote:

You're spreading bullshit. Think about it for a second, if a GGG member wants to share private information with a player of his guild, do you really think he's gonna post on reddit and delete after 10 mins ? He would simply sends the guy in game or whatever.

By any means, that is far from being BS.
Mainly because the guild which had those players making the profit of their lives had at some point at least one ggg employee in their roster.
And this is where things can possibly get shady, as long as they are not disclosed accordingly.

I think as well that ggg boosting their buddies/employees ingame is highly unlikely, but as long as we don't have sufficient data on this, it's also only based on speculation.
"
yamaneko1920 wrote:
This was poorly handled from start to finish:

1- The patch notes (about the meta-mods crafting) should have been clearer.

2- The dev comment shouldn't have been deleted AFTER being posted (because it's unfair to do so).

3- This manifesto presents no solution to the inflation creating more frustration and doubts than ease.

I love GGG and their interaction with the community. They are above many other development teams out there and they simply made a really, really good game but I think this manifesto should have at least hinted about a "solution" to what is happening and will continue to happen with the economy of the current temp leagues.

PS: IMHO the minimum that has to happen right now is an exalt drop rate increase.

you should try to read and understand Chris post and you will find out what is GGG game philosophy. Their game philospohy is on of the best I have seen in online games it reward players for taking risk and learning game.

Master crafting is in PoE for 1 year, if someone still don't understand how it work and waht is purpose of it after this manifesto then there is no hope for him.

and if someone ask for increase of exalt drop rate then I can't write who he is because i would get banned from this forum...
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 22, 2015, 5:18:43 PM
"
"
Chris wrote:
the fun of trading.
Are you serious Chris ? To trade is not fun, definitely not.

there are 3 types of players:
A) who don't understand how to use poe.trade and shouldn't interact with other people. (they post on reddit about how their trades end with ignoring other player)

B) who know how to do trades in 30 seconds and casuals (people who don't care, they play game how it is)

C) real traders, who monitor the market, who try to find holes in demand and supply, why actively searching for ways to make money

Trading for group A will never be fun because they don't know how to interact with other humans.

Trading for group B formality it is not fun or boring, it just is.

Trading for group C is fun.

--------------

GGG made trading good for B and C, they can't make trading good or fun for A because it is impossible without breaking game (without adding offline automatic AH).
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 22, 2015, 5:29:48 PM
<<set:MS>><<set:M>><<set:S>>+1
"
Jentry wrote:
"
Dethklok wrote:
If GGG is fine with players deceiving one another for personal benefit then they need to let it happen 100% of the time. Stepping in some times and calling people out on their misinformation is confusing to the community when GGG staff also deletes posts to keep misinformation alive in the community.

Players should have to take accountability for their actions and not be able to change their account name. Everyone should be able to scam & lie to each other but people should be stuck withe their reputations or have to make a new account. Allowing someone to trick the community and then hide who that person is and not allow any negative feedback to be posted about that person is bullshit. If people are also allowed to lie to the community to keep things a secret for their own profit I should be allowed to post on anyones for sale thread that I didnt have a pleasant interaction with that person.

I suppose the community always steps in to provide resources for one another where they are needed. Perhaps its time for a community made forum where we can allow a free market to tuly exist without GGG intervention... some of the time.

YES, THANK YOU ! As I said on reddit;

The most unusual part of this whole story is how Lightwoods used assistance from GGG GM’s to mask his reputation at the start of Warbands given his reputation in the community from past leagues and past trading activity. Lightwoods was worried about how the reputation he built for himself would affect his ability to trade early on in Warbands. Lightwoods made a claim to GGG GM’s that he was being “Harassed” because of his reputation. This claim was not entirely earnest. GGG GM’s coordinated with Lightwoods to move all his items and microtransactions and supporter packs to an entirely new account. So Lightwoods was able to begin this league as “Walmart” in disguise not only with a character name, but also on a completely separate account. I think that it is unusual that GGG GM’s would be complicit in assisting people in masking their reputation in the community. I question how earnest Lightwoods was in his harassment claim made to GGG because after a month in Warbands he had GGG change his character name from Walmart to Lightwoods. I would love to get a GGG perspective on why they would take such extraordinary actions. I now want to know if Lightwoods had "Priority" access to these GGG GM services as Chris has disclosed that Lightwoods guild contained a GGG support staff member.

I am wondering if that GGG support member disclosed any useful information to his guild ?

-VOC

"
Chris wrote:
A large part of crafting and trading in Path of Exile is access to information.

I support what Jentry (Voc) says btw, since it's stupid how uneven is the trading system right now and the unfairness from being buddy buddy with GGG (says a lot about professionalism)
lel
Text Me about any items if I'm not online [Removed by Support], and i'll hop on poe to chat with you.
Last edited by andrewpaskiewicz on Aug 23, 2015, 12:03:17 AM
It would be interesting to know what percentage of players on temp leagues have one or more level 8 masters and what percentage of players level up masters again when new league starts.

I honestly don't see the reason for having the crafting system locked behind a month of exp/quest grinding in a temporary league.
@andrewpaskiewicz: You are mixing up a lot of different topics in one go, but on the inventory part : Some players claim it's possible to scan inventory of players with profile set to private (so, a security breach), GGG (Chris) said they checked on their side and it's not possible, nobody has bring a proof that it is indeed possible. That's weird since the proof is really easy to bring, let me set my profile to private and tell me what's in my inventory right ? Sadly, this claim (I don't know if it was firstly made by voc, but he did claim it) is bullshit, like the claim that GGG gave insider infos to specific people is, like the claim that foxwoods had 72 mirrors and whatever is too.
At the end of the day, when we consider the real facts and not all the bullshit that has been posted here or on reddit without any proofs whatsoever, the only fuckup from GGG is how they handled the message posted by Qarl 6 months ago. Everything else is just stories invented by some random players, and then repeated by others.
Last edited by Dawmz on Aug 22, 2015, 8:34:04 PM
This post reminds me of breaking something as a child and having to think of a story very quickly to keep my Mom from being furious at me when she gets home.

Ya'll know what you did. I don't even need to say anymore. Derp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info