We all trash talked D3, but is there any feature that D3 does better than PoE?

If you use most of your time trading, then that's your own choice.

I've only traded one time in Warbands, and not trading doesn't ruin the experience or anything. It would've been more fun without the trade focus GGG has had since the start, but meh, whatchu gonna do.
"
Paradigmdeez wrote:
"
coatofarms wrote:
Oh and big Pro: diablo 3 has (tee-hee) whimsyshire.

Why can't we have nice things? I've long advocated for our version of whimsyshire/cow level -- a map with giant gerbils.

I've always wanted a map filled with microtransaction pets as the mobs.

That would be awesome. And how about the uniques are formosan bears.
Well. let's see...
D3 has better performance and optimization
D3 you can play 100% self found
D3 you don't need to use any 3 party software
D3 easier to find public group
D3 you can craft something you want without spending your entire stash
D3 you don't need to pick every single shit from the ground
D3 there's no RNG gated content
D3 there's no moronic death penalty
D3 you don't need to spend another two weeks of your life just to try a bit different build

But D3 still sucks balls compared with PoE
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
"
Manator wrote:
Well. let's see...
D3 has better performance and optimization
D3 you can play 100% self found
D3 you don't need to use any 3 party software
D3 easier to find public group
D3 you can craft something you want without spending your entire stash
D3 you don't need to pick every single shit from the ground
D3 there's no RNG gated content
D3 there's no moronic death penalty
D3 you don't need to spend another two weeks of your life just to try a bit different build

But D3 still sucks balls compared with PoE

A few of these are iffy ("self-found", "crafting", etc), but the first one is difficult to refute.

I've been dicking around with D3 because, well, I'm here because of D2, and season 4's afoot. Now, I have an older laptop. Granted, it was a $3000 machine when it was new ~8 years ago, but technology ages only slightly better than milk.

GGG's inaction regarding graphics options are the only issue for which I have a legitimately negative opinion. In Diablo 3, my frame rate rarely ever dips below 30 - even during boss fights and general clusterfucks. In PoE my fps will shoot up over 110 before freezing altogether for seconds at a time. The timing of these performance spikes often coincides with enemies appearing and/or attacking en masse. I can't remember the last death I had the didn't involve a lengthy screen freeze. This simply does not happen on my machine in Diablo 3.

Hell, these freezes - often caused by disk access spikes - aren't even guaranteed to be mitigated by SSD's and computing power. People with 16+ gigs of ram are resorting to running the game via RAMdisk (read: loading the entire game into memory) to avoid these performance spikes, and losing half their effective RAM to do so.

As such, I'm probably going to quit PoE until I can buy a proper desktop machine. This will set me back a grand or more, so it might be a while. To be clear: this is not an issue of salt, this is not a post designed to make anyone feel bad. I do get it, they're an indie company, they have to prioritize new content. But I also can't help that I can't really run the damn game, either. Which is a shame, in many ways PoE's the best one on the market, all things considered. In the meantime, I'll probably be revisiting the TL franchise and Van Helsing. Maybe I'll replay MedianXL while I'm at it, I loved that mod.

Hopefully I'll be back soon.
Last edited by Daimoth on Aug 25, 2015, 2:34:54 PM
Combat system was fluid but fucked by just afk cycling through buttons vs high hp mobs

game performance is substantially better

i wouldn't say the end game is better but it's definitely interesting. tbh both games' could use a better end game. i feel like POE's has a ton of potential considering the random things they throw in leagues and races etc.

also to the few ppl saying d3 crafting is better, are you high?
This again :)

Looking at comparable features, with 2.3. coming, my answer will be something like: nearly everything. The only thing that sucks compared to POE is the social link. But regarding some postings here like the one from this superbrain saying consoles are for casuals (which might be the most stupid thing ever written): not a too great loss.

And before another superbrain asks why i don't play D3 instead: i play both. Because there are some features (or: elements and styles) in POE that D3 simply does not have. That's the beauty of options. And that is why this "which game is better" bullshit is so annoying. As if Super Mario Card is worse than Silent Hill 2...

The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
Fennell wrote:

I want to play the game, not an economy sim.

I really wanna know who apart from dedicated flippers spend more than 5% of their time trading in PoE.

My usual trading Experience:

*me mapping*

customer: Hey Mahesys, WTB your XXX for 5 chaos
me: kk fair price, gimme 5-10 min im mapping (time to write message: 4 to 6 seconds)
(map ends)
me: ok done mapping (time to write message: 2 to 3 seconds)
me: (sending party inv) (time to send invite: 2 to 3 seconds)
me: my HO (time to write message: 1 second)
customer: (joins my HO) (time: from 5 up to 30 seconds)
me + customer: sending trade invite (time: 1 to 2 seconds)
me + customer: trading done, usual "t4t stay safe" message (time to trade + message: 10 to 15 seconds)

Total time each trade: 25 seconds to 60 seconds, average 43 seconds

Total time spend for each map on my average: 12 minutes --> 720 seconds

43/720 = 5,97% of time trading with an average of 1 trade on each map

And then you have ... 5 chaos. What now? It is not like you won the game or something. You just have 5 lousy chaos.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
Inventory.

However it cuts itself off since it has a max of 4-5 stash tabs bahaha

Hell yeah, inventory.
But that's the only thing lol.
"
ghamadvar wrote:

And then you have ... 5 chaos. What now? It is not like you won the game or something. You just have 5 lousy chaos.

Would you feel warm and fuzzy if he used an exalted orb as his example?
People need Chaos Orbs
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
Fennell wrote:

I want to play the game, not an economy sim.

I really wanna know who apart from dedicated flippers spend more than 5% of their time trading in PoE.

My usual trading Experience:

*me mapping*

customer: Hey Mahesys, WTB your XXX for 5 chaos
me: kk fair price, gimme 5-10 min im mapping (time to write message: 4 to 6 seconds)
(map ends)
me: ok done mapping (time to write message: 2 to 3 seconds)
me: (sending party inv) (time to send invite: 2 to 3 seconds)
me: my HO (time to write message: 1 second)
customer: (joins my HO) (time: from 5 up to 30 seconds)
me + customer: sending trade invite (time: 1 to 2 seconds)
me + customer: trading done, usual "t4t stay safe" message (time to trade + message: 10 to 15 seconds)

Total time each trade: 25 seconds to 60 seconds, average 43 seconds

Total time spend for each map on my average: 12 minutes --> 720 seconds

43/720 = 5,97% of time trading with an average of 1 trade on each map

And your point is?

Replace those 5 chaos with wathever i traded for. It's not the currency the important part of my post :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info