We all trash talked D3, but is there any feature that D3 does better than PoE?

D3 has much smoother gameplay, the animations are more polished, which is natural since blizzard had many more devs working on the game.
Id love to see animations for old skills reworked in poe, like archer skills are very dull and lack glitter, look at the burning arrow for example, it looks simply plain
"
Azdrubel wrote:
"
RakshasaR wrote:
Pros:

- Greater Rifts as endgame content.
- Graphics
- Story

[...]

WHAT?
Seriously... WHAT?!

People just see the shiny million dollar render cutscenes and think that equals a good story.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
One thing: No trading.

If Path of Exile had a mode that forbid you from ever(!) trading again, but made maps permanently accessible at all times without any currency involved(nor farmng them), lowered XP treshholds on gems and increased drops across the board in a major way, I would keep playing.

I want to play the game, not an economy sim.
Last edited by Fennell on Aug 22, 2015, 7:06:12 AM
Who the fuck cares about story in an ARPG? Go read a book.
I just found so much fun that have no trading on d3, im mean is so much better to play self found, on poe u HAVE to trade, playing self found is extremely restrictive and way weak.
"
i8037 wrote:
Who the fuck cares about story in an ARPG? Go read a book.

Thank god preferences are different. In every major game review story is a thing that is talked about and upon which a game is compared to other games of the same genre. So clearly ppl who make their money with criticizing games are under the impression that a basic story is at least a part of what makes a game a good game. In a way you are correct though, I rather have no story at all than a mess like the D3 story was...

"
lzlucas wrote:
I just found so much fun that have no trading on d3, im mean is so much better to play self found, on poe u HAVE to trade, playing self found is extremely restrictive and way weak.

No. No, it is not. It is Not. More. Fun.
Have you played Diablo 3 before RoS? Have you played D3 at release? Imagine playing PoE with much less item variety, no useful crafting whatsoever and a drop-system in which you have to have gear equipped that can only be dropped by monsters which, in order to kill them, require you to have gear equipped that is only dropped by them (or more difficult once). Can you imagine how "not fun" that is? Thank god there was trading.
The current D3 only enables you to play selffound because the droprates are ridiculous and the items are overpowered beyond belief. I mean, when I was playing D3 the last time I considered a rift to be bad when I got less than 3 legendaries. And even WITH these insane droprates and items you will very quickly reach a point at which obtaining an upgrade is less likely than winning the lottery. Twice. In a row!
Trading is great. It just so happens that PoEs system SUCKS!
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Last edited by Azdrubel on Aug 22, 2015, 12:33:55 PM
make the blunt list of what each game has to offer, I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out all by yourself.

master crafting,
maps,
passives,
items affixes,
monsters affixes,
treasure chests,
missions,
character commitment,
skills balance,
trading,
currency system,
unique,
item filter,
rogues exiles,

the only thing D3 does is : throwing legendary affixes at power creep pace

[no meaningful events, what-so-ever] VERSUS [vaal maps, treasure chest, ghosts, nemesis & bloodlines, rogues exiles, masters missions]

can you have an attack-downtime of 0.1s in diablo 3? NO
can you damage the entire screen in diablo 3? NO
can you increased the area of effect of any skill you want in diablo 3? NO

man there is so much to say,

should I go on?

as for the story, I prefer PoE lore, by a long shot, no 10 year-old badass demons in here.
Last edited by EnafAequi on Aug 22, 2015, 12:42:12 PM
"
Dimitrii_ss2 wrote:
there are still more viable builds than in poe, leveling before 65/70 is boring in poe to after doing it for 20+ times

Look back carefully at ladders on both games and come back to apologise
"
EnafAequi wrote:
"
Dimitrii_ss2 wrote:
there are still more viable builds than in poe, leveling before 65/70 is boring in poe to after doing it for 20+ times

Look back carefully at ladders on both games and come back to apologise

Ouch ! That one's gotta sting! That's been one of the PoE apologists crutches forever
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
iHaku wrote:
-no need for 3rd party programms.
-limited build diversity (2-3 per class)
-but you can play them selffound.
-i hate trading :D
-infinitly better client performance
-OH MY GOD THE LEVELING. ffff poe leveling. its literally the worst to 60/70 when i can finally play the build that i want and greust will fking stop spitting on my witch.

*good game to casually jump in and have fun. but this takes away from the complexity ofcourse.
*graphics with a big "*". some people care, i dont.

bonus point: equal amount of salt in their forum as here.

Botting is currently rampant, as well as 3rd party programs like TurboHUD.

"
D3 = Hack N Slash, Arcade Game that is trying to grow up to be an ARPG so people will love it.
POE = Trade Simulator, Slot Machine that has an entire world created so you can test gear you trade for.

D3 = "If we give them loot, they will come."
PoE = "If we give them loot, they will leave."

D3 = Completely geared out in 2 weeks of game play.
PoE = Completely geared out in 2 weeks of trading, market-flipping, and poe.trade sniping.

D3 = Crit or GTFO.
PoE = Life or GTFO.

D3 = Infinite paragon levels, with consistent forward progression, so players believe in the illusion that they are getting stronger.
POE = Finite levels, with 2-steps-forward-1-step-back progression, that is gated by RNG so players believe in the illusion that they are getting stronger.

D3 = Players play the game and wish they could trade.
PoE = Players trade and wish they could play the game.

Chuckled at this.

But I will say that, Paragon is no illusion :( it starts scaling like crazy after P800. To the point where people with high paragon are doing 2-3x more damage compared to people under 800, aka 99% of the population. Atm there is a huge problem with group-play, as it is earning many times more XP compared to solo-play. People are posting that it is even up to 18x more efficient. The forums are up in arms about this, as a lot were hoping this would be changed just before S4 starts, but Blizzard isn't going to be doing anything about it, as their philosophy is literally group play should be more rewarding, just in-case you have weaker friends that will slow you down too much (confirmed in Ziggy D's latest interview).

I gotta admit too, I expected this thread to be more hostile :P
Last edited by deviltheory on Aug 22, 2015, 8:33:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info