We all trash talked D3, but is there any feature that D3 does better than PoE?

Boy i cant wait till the new D3 season hype cools off
"
Im2sl0w wrote:

Ha should take no more than two weeks. Day 2 I logged and members of my clan were already GG geared lvl 70 and 250 paragon lulz.

They offered to power lvl me and after 5 min and reaching lvl 60 I was like cant stand the MS or graphics cya.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 1, 2015, 12:44:11 PM
"
Im2sl0w wrote:

THIS Exactly.
"
...but is there any feature that D3 does better than PoE?

Another thing I just realized D3 does better: it has pause. I can hit esc and go take a dump without the fear of map instance timeout or being killed by some wandering mobs :)

---

E:
You guys are playing D3 wrong. Stop power levelling with your glass cannons on no-death-penalty scrubcore and go play solo HC. If you intentonally do everything to make the experience shorter, then ofc youll get bored.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 1, 2015, 12:50:54 PM
"
morbo wrote:
"

Another thing I just realized D3 does better: it has pause. I can hit esc and go take a dump without the fear of map instance timeout or being killed by some wandering mobs :)

---

E:
You guys are playing D3 wrong. Stop power levelling with your glass cannons on no-death-penalty scrubcore and go play solo HC. If you intentonally do everything to make the experience shorter, then ofc youll get bored.

We have pause its called portal scroll. Being PoE HC player I'm sure you're well aware of portal abuse.:P

In d3 you cant port in middle of a fight.
Git R Dun!
that is a fallacy morbo, the d3 experience as a character development game is shallow and short lived. There just isnt many decisions to be made. Slowing down how fast you are killing monsters does not add depth to character creation process.

You enjoy the slow paced game play of hardcore, where impatience will get you killed. I enjoy character development and sweating over the small details that make your character a powerhouse or a chump, and how meager the difference is between the two. You can get your fix in d3, my fix does not really exist there, playing slower doesn't change it.

Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Sep 1, 2015, 1:04:37 PM
"
morbo wrote:
"

Only if you play solo.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
LostForm wrote:
that is a fallacy morbo, the d3 experience as a character development game is shallow and short lived. There just isnt many decisions to be made.

Yes, building the char in D3 is trivial, I dont play D3 for that. What I like is the difficulty progression and looting. People might call it "short lived instant gratification", but on the other side we have PoE, where you can sink 100s of hours into not-progressing (eg: beign stuck in or thrown back from certain map tier, piling up 1000fus just to gamble them into nothing, etc...)

For me D3 vs PoE is not a question of either / or, but which one, when.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:

For me D3 vs PoE is not a question of either / or, but which one, when.

This. They are different games and both are constantly changing, so why would anyone entrench themself against either of the game?
People are so tribal..
Yeah, they are fundamentally different. However, there are something that I feel are better right now in D3:
1) The difficulty curve, except for a few bosses, in D3 is feels better right now.
2) End-game and stuff to do, PoE is lacking.
3) Combat (spamming more than one or two buttons) in general is more interesting tactically, PoE is more interesting in the strategic layer.

Technically is also better: like you can actually play in parties you know! That's a big plus for D3 (and it's not only about fps drops I'm talking about).

A lot of people pissing on D3 difficult hasn't probably played it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info