We all trash talked D3, but is there any feature that D3 does better than PoE?

Easy. In Diablo 3................. THEY HAVE PANTS.
"
RestInPieces wrote:
Easy. In Diablo 3................. THEY HAVE PANTS.

+1
- Removing trade completely.
- Smart loot (goes hand-in-hand with above).
- Inventory space. Doesn't cut itself off, more stash tabs available soon through mtx.
- Crafting. Even though it's pretty bad, it's still better than PoE crafting lol. The Mystic grill (forgot her name) pretty much makes the difference here.
- Graphics. Also pretty bad if you zoom in, but still better than PoE's graphics.
- Doesn't rely on 3rd party.
- Build variety post Kanai Cube. D3 takes a step forward in this, while PoE takes a step back with recent changes. There will still be a meta but a lot more builds will be endgame viable compared to PoE.
- Stat balance. Crit is a bit more of a must on D3 than on PoE but you literally can't play a merciless character on PoE without a good chunk of life nodes + life on gear. Not in a progressive way atleast.

Think the rest has been mentioned already.

Last edited by Path_of_Illusion on Aug 14, 2015, 10:42:12 AM
Ya, player retention through gimmiks like offering a mount in hero's for playing d3. They got games of a few stripes that are easy to leave and come back to later and bounce people around them with gimmiky mounts or card backs or in game pets.

The games are fun for a minute so this is really paying off for them and they don't have to go for the in depth experience in any one game.
Hey...is this thing on?
Controller / Console support.
Better loot drops.

Edit: Forgot crafting. Thanks Illusion :)
Path of Exile, the poe.trade mini-game.
Last edited by jsmoothPOE111 on Aug 14, 2015, 10:47:32 AM
so, why dont u all play D3 instead, if u cant like PoE for what it is
What is the Matrix? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XDNGBTsi5U
Last edited by Hitomo on Aug 14, 2015, 10:46:06 AM
circle jerk
"
Hitomo wrote:
so, why dont u all play D3 instead, if u cant like PoE for what it is

All or nothing thinking?
Path of Exile, the poe.trade mini-game.
I really liked the random mini-quests in D3. It made each play-through a tiny bit different without changing the main story. D1 kind of did this too, you didn't get a full set of quests there, only 3 of 4 possibilities.

PoE kind of does this with corrupted zones and master leveling. I think both of these were good additions to the game. Masters could be a bit more frequent in the wild, and their shops should change when you take a quest from them in the wild like they do for dailies... but that's details.

I haven't played D3 in years, so my info there is a bit stale. Never did the "paragon" thing, and I hear there's something even worse than that. Bad idea. Make the game worth replaying rather than add artificial levels at the end.
I've never understood all the D3 trash talk, I've enjoyed it since day 1 and seen it grow a lot since then. Slowly though, like most Blizzard developments. ;)

I think it looks and sounds great, but most of all it plays very smoothly. PoE has a rougher feel to it, and in particular a slower progression. I think PoE plays very well once you're getting into maps, when attack/cast and movement speeds have been upped a bit.

The classes and builds available are mostly fun to play, some more than others of course but overall it's fun to play pretty much anything. Skills feel great, the response from the engine is excellent. There is a distinct lack of builds though.

I like the endgame options, although they're limited it's available to everyone, with no gating for access.

Overall I think it's a great game, one of my favourites. It has a lot of problems though, key of which is (to me) the lack of longevity and complexity. PoE is also a great game and one of my favourites too, but it has a lot of problems as well. Different ones than D3 though, so I feel they complement eachother a bit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info