We all trash talked D3, but is there any feature that D3 does better than PoE?

"
Tr3Angel wrote:
D3 would be good if it wasnt such a scrubcore game. Nerved the *** out of it after launch for the casual kids. Hardcore in D3 feels like scrubcore untill you get to gr50+.

It's "nerfed". They added 4 new difficulty levels this week, check em' out! No scrubs allowed though its for hardcore ppl only
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
"
mauchilicious wrote:
I love both games and play both games. I wouldn't call one or the other better, just different and a matter of taste.

What I like is that nothing holds me back in D3 when it comes to content. In PoE it can be really frustrating that your alced - 4xchiseled 78 map doesn't reward you ANYTHING, not even another map......and back to 74's. I mean cmon, when you play maps with every mod on it 80%+ and you cant even sustain 75's it is frustrating.

yea PoE's map system is great but its impossible to maintain 77+ maps unless you buy them. Since the new leagues started I have only looted ONE level 80 map. How the hell is that even acceptable to loot ONE map in over a month? thats just retarded any way you look at it and its broken.

As I said we can't even sustain 75s and have to go back to 74s. Sometimes we even run out of them. And no we don't run our maps white or blue. They are chiseled 4 times and alched / chaosed fo high percentages. Seems we are extremely unlucky when it comes to maps.
"
Tr3Angel wrote:
D3 would be good if it wasnt such a scrubcore game. Nerved the *** out of it after launch for the casual kids. Hardcore in D3 feels like scrubcore untill you get to gr50+.

Yeah. Being dead when you die FOR REAL is SO scrubcore. Buahahaha.
And what about this: Hardcore in POE feels like scrubcore until you get to lvl 75+ maps with hard mods? Or in general: hard mods. Which you avoid. Because it's hardcore. Hurray.

And before Account-Stalking: i don't play hardcore, yes. I don't like it. It feels insincere.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
petewulf wrote:
You cant compare Poe with D3 because Poe is a life long beta game and surely the most unrewarding game i ever played.

D3:

- no stuttering or freezes when spawning many enemys
- smooth multiplayer game (Poe has the most fucked off multiplayer game ever...barely see anything if people have activated special skills)
- D3 gives rewards, you really can play selffound
- no frustrating penalty
- and the best: you have fun and can really play a game which is what a game should offer

Poe:

- you can play a few months without sleep and you mostly won't find anything usable
- its a die and pray game...when will the next bug occur that kills you
- relies fully on trading and has no usable trading system, so wtf?
- the theoretical game aspects are good, but the implementation/programming is pure horror and should not be called "game" -> a game should be funny which is not the case in Poe
- there are so many inconsistencies and bugs in the whole currency system which makes the game more and more unplayable over time cause some ppl. are richer than rich (who have found the right bugs) and 99% are poor
- Its all "RNG" -> which should rather stand for "a really no-go"
- and much much more....

So basically this?

I prefer old school.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Tr3Angel wrote:

And what about this: Hardcore in POE feels like scrubcore until you get to lvl 75+ maps with hard mods? Or in general: hard mods. Which you avoid. Because it's hardcore. Hurray.

And before Account-Stalking: i don't play hardcore, yes. I don't like it. It feels insincere.

U mad bro?
so D3's new season 4 hasnt even been live for 24 hours and people already cleared GRift 60. ROFL what a joke. Thats like beating Uber Atziri 24 hours after a new league starts.
IGN: DabrixRN
"
Tr3Angel wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Tr3Angel wrote:

U mad bro?

Oh, that Sherman-thing ;) Never liked the seahawks.

@Thomas: no, it is not. Not at all.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
All aboard the hate train. No. I am playing PoE since the beta, on and off. I played Diablo3 only 2 months up into the release of the game couple of years ago.

On D3 release:
Everyone hated D3, RMAH, useless drops, no real progress feeling, you played for basically nothing

D3 now:
You log in and have instant fun, you reach end-level in a couple of hours or minutes if you have buddies boosting you. You find useful drops that you enjoy to grind because you feel your character is becoming stronger and more useful. You play for gear, you actually find gear, you have fun.

PoE now:
PoE now is like Diablo 3 on release, you don't have an ingame RMAH but ultimately if you want upgrades for your character, you don't play the game, you rather just go to poe.trade, click on a few tables, set this, set that and then click on search. You don't even talk with your trade partner, rather you just copy paste the text it gives you, port into his HO and boom bye.

So to feel progress and get a better character, you play the poe.trade auction house. Why do you play endgame or why do you map? Not to find better items for yourself, rather to find currency or items to convert to currency in order to buy better gear for yourself, because finding gear upgrades for your own character is literally a no no. You play for currency, you don't find any gear, you just grind and maybe you`ll have fun, just maybe. This is dull, very dull end game with no fun. And if the grind is fun, it does not last long.

So what is this post? No hate, no fanboism, just a little fact. I `will continue to play PoE, but D3 is better currently.
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Mahesys wrote:
And your point is?

Replace those 5 chaos with wathever i traded for. It's not the currency the important part of my post :)

My point is that your example cuts out the whole story. If you trade for 5-10 chaos, good luck getting the currency you need for superb to gg gear. If you want to trade for 5-10 ex, good luck finding the items that sell for that amount or higher.
Or to say it so: I sell one legacy windripper and get more currency within seconds than you will get with trading for 5 chaos 100 times.
Trading could be okay. The problem is that you need to find tradeable stuff. Stuff so good you can trade it. But only after you use that stuff to empower your char. edit: If you want to walk a different path then it's alts for fusings for chaos for ex. And that is like the lord of the rings of trading: a long story.
The only thing that enables trading in this game is farming or luck. ALOT of farming or luck. Insane amounts of farming or luck. Even with a mf-summoner. So to trade you have to grind the game. Then you buy better stuff. To grind the game? For fucks sake. That is nonsense. WHEN you are in the trading game, have some decent stuff to sell, some currency to afford stuff: fine. But before that, it is just a pain in the ass.
So: Your example is nice math. The problem is that i cannot buy fuck for 5 chaos. Put in any currecny i want? Nah. There is a huge difference between 5c and 5ex. I could make a strawpoll to see how many people sold stuff on a regular basis for 5ex+. Not too many, be sure.
The trading game starts way before trading. You need stuff to trade. And that is a long and unfair path you have to go sometimes.

QQ
Message me in game @SleepyHarvester
"
danteafk wrote:
All aboard the hate train. No. I am playing PoE since the beta, on and off. I played Diablo3 only 2 months up into the release of the game couple of years ago.

On D3 release:
Everyone hated D3, RMAH, useless drops, no real progress feeling, you played for basically nothing

D3 now:
You log in and have instant fun, you reach end-level in a couple of hours or minutes if you have buddies boosting you. You find useful drops that you enjoy to grind because you feel your character is becoming stronger and more useful. You play for gear, you actually find gear, you have fun.

PoE now:
PoE now is like Diablo 3 on release, you don't have an ingame RMAH but ultimately if you want upgrades for your character, you don't play the game, you rather just go to poe.trade, click on a few tables, set this, set that and then click on search. You don't even talk with your trade partner, rather you just copy paste the text it gives you, port into his HO and boom bye.

So to feel progress and get a better character, you play the poe.trade auction house. Why do you play endgame or why do you map? Not to find better items for yourself, rather to find currency or items to convert to currency in order to buy better gear for yourself, because finding gear upgrades for your own character is literally a no no. You play for currency, you don't find any gear, you just grind and maybe you`ll have fun, just maybe. This is dull, very dull end game with no fun. And if the grind is fun, it does not last long.

So what is this post? No hate, no fanboism, just a little fact. I `will continue to play PoE, but D3 is better currently.

D3 was best on original release. I loved RMAH. Made $2500 just off playing game I pretty much never have buy a game again out of my own money just tap my RMAH fund at paypal. Whole reason I came here was D3 went self found. I dont do RNG or self found. You dont speak for "everyone." Go back and watch Kripps old vids when he quit D3 because of carebearing about patch 1.4...

My only problem with this game is it has no endgame like GR and one it has is severely gated. Where you have to be rich to function in. I've done uber prolly 50x and never found a mortal set. Always bought them for 5-6ex. I buy 80+ maps. It's ridiculous.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 1, 2015, 12:39:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info