We all trash talked D3, but is there any feature that D3 does better than PoE?

PoE is by far the more rewarding game but Diablo does common sense waaaaayyyy better....

What do I mean?

Having to press alt on a white item just to see its level....why? That adds nothing to the game.
Not being able to see what changes my gems will go through if I choose to level them IN GAME rather than alt tab...lets look at the wikipedia...Once again...Why?

Stuff like that...little things that make you go why isn't that done this way instead of the way it is?
"
Mahesys wrote:
And your point is?

Replace those 5 chaos with wathever i traded for. It's not the currency the important part of my post :)

My point is that your example cuts out the whole story. If you trade for 5-10 chaos, good luck getting the currency you need for superb to gg gear. If you want to trade for 5-10 ex, good luck finding the items that sell for that amount or higher.
Or to say it so: I sell one legacy windripper and get more currency within seconds than you will get with trading for 5 chaos 100 times.
Trading could be okay. The problem is that you need to find tradeable stuff. Stuff so good you can trade it. But only after you use that stuff to empower your char. edit: If you want to walk a different path then it's alts for fusings for chaos for ex. And that is like the lord of the rings of trading: a long story.
The only thing that enables trading in this game is farming or luck. ALOT of farming or luck. Insane amounts of farming or luck. Even with a mf-summoner. So to trade you have to grind the game. Then you buy better stuff. To grind the game? For fucks sake. That is nonsense. WHEN you are in the trading game, have some decent stuff to sell, some currency to afford stuff: fine. But before that, it is just a pain in the ass.
So: Your example is nice math. The problem is that i cannot buy fuck for 5 chaos. Put in any currecny i want? Nah. There is a huge difference between 5c and 5ex. I could make a strawpoll to see how many people sold stuff on a regular basis for 5ex+. Not too many, be sure.
The trading game starts way before trading. You need stuff to trade. And that is a long and unfair path you have to go sometimes.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Aug 25, 2015, 7:54:45 AM
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
Fennell wrote:

I want to play the game, not an economy sim.

I really wanna know who apart from dedicated flippers spend more than 5% of their time trading in PoE.

My usual trading Experience:

*me mapping*

customer: Hey Mahesys, WTB your XXX for 5 chaos
me: kk fair price, gimme 5-10 min im mapping (time to write message: 4 to 6 seconds)
(map ends)
me: ok done mapping (time to write message: 2 to 3 seconds)
me: (sending party inv) (time to send invite: 2 to 3 seconds)
me: my HO (time to write message: 1 second)
customer: (joins my HO) (time: from 5 up to 30 seconds)
me + customer: sending trade invite (time: 1 to 2 seconds)
me + customer: trading done, usual "t4t stay safe" message (time to trade + message: 10 to 15 seconds)

Total time each trade: 25 seconds to 60 seconds, average 43 seconds

Total time spend for each map on my average: 12 minutes --> 720 seconds

43/720 = 5,97% of time trading with an average of 1 trade on each map

No. In PoE, at high level, the optimal way to improve your character is to trade. Any time not spend on trading is time wasted in that regard.
"
Manator wrote:

D3 you don't need to pick every single shit from the ground

That's by far the worst thing about PoE. it absolutely kills the flow of the game when you have to tediously go back to ID and sell items all the time. So boring.
And no, you can't just not do it. Atleast not as self found. The vast majority of your currency comes from the vendor.
It is sad that D3 has a better mid / end game flow now. Seem like Blizzard is much more focused on the player base and end game now. Not even going to talk about the new games being released in the next 18 months.

Fix the auction system pls number 1 issue with the GAME now

Fix the item drops - We should not have to use crap like neversink that just sad it ur damn game add some filters to fix it.

This expansion end game content / leveling / maps is a joke, End game difficulty has all areas lvl 62- 63 ect that is so pitiful show just how lazy and unskilled with a dash of no vision GGG has. Okay get to end game STOP to grind the same area for days to get nothing but some exp to do crap maps that drops next to nothing.

Adjust the game for solo players - We can understand since there is no real reason to grp, no social gameplay, no instances, no raids, no incentive to grp but for increased exp and drops that make it forced NOT FUN - looking for a grp is a joke, filled with WTB WTS ads - but a solo player should at least have small bonus you can fixed this been talked about to death. again fix it

PVP ? wont even go there . . . enough said

Game needs a recover shop items button. Make it so all your game enhancements can be returned so you can use on your new guys / leagues.

So many good things about POE are DESTROYED but these issues and more

We do see a steady stream of pets / armors and weapon crap. That is understandable for cash flow reasons - look outside the box - look at subs - sell upper tier content ( badass map packs, expansions, new classes, masterful skill tree ) make us that have money to spend - want to spend it on your GAME! How can you not understand sales and limit your game like this. UN-REAL !

I do not see GGG able to recover the game without these fixes not including the many pages of other issues. GGG's brief moment was a bright light, that is being dimmed buy new LED's you just cant beat it.

Ill be watching, playing (very little) and hoping it gets better -
Rifts are sadly better than the poe-mapping-system. It's just no fun to instant kill anything in a 74 map. You can't run 82 maps because... currency. But your build or skills are good enough. But yet, you are stuck in low lvl maps unless you flip items.

The whole mapping system in poe... I HATE it.

Not to mention that I can't play maps like tropical island as a lvl76 map. No... I always rotate the same maps over and over again many hundreds of times...

Also, maps should go to level 90-95 or so. Not 82.

Diablo3's auction house is a big fail. Yet, it's still better than our forum-trading and item flipping-promoting-whatever we got here. Always looking for ways to flip items, to lowball ppl, to find items that can be crafted further and sold for massive profit, etc. Procurement bugs on a regular basis for me and everyone uses external sites like poe.trade.

Wouldn't surprise me if someone wrote a program to scan the forum sales and automatically tells you what items to flip.

Grouping = useless in Merciless difficulty. Grouping is only good for hardcore players for safety or map rotation. But that's it. And try finding people to rotate high level maps, there are none. No bonus xp, slows clearspeed, etc. And aura's have a too small radius for characters that clear maps fast because the groups get easily separated because of slowpokes.
Last edited by silverdash on Aug 26, 2015, 5:05:20 PM
"
silverdash wrote:
Rifts are sadly better than the poe-mapping-system.

Why sadly? Play d3 ;) Rifts are greater fun. Grifts also. And with 2.3., this game is just good. It is fun. It is accessible, it is rewarding and it is hard enough if you are looking for challenge. Don't want to drive anyone away from poe. But d3 NOW is just a very good game, made by people that listen to the players (took a while^^).

I am so happy right now. Two games that i can play. Both good, while d3 is getting better and better and poe is just like ... stuck in my opinion. But still: Two good games for arpg and grinding-fans. Awesome ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
A lot of the things people list as being "better" in D3 typically involve areas where PoE is frustrating, annoying, tedious, punishing, etc... while D3 has made them easy going, effortless, and/or accessible.

The thing is just because something is frustrating, annoying, tedious, punishing, or whatever reason causes a player to dislike it doesn't make it bad for the game. On the contrary if that something is associated with part of the choices, challenges, or risks within the game then it is part of what helps make the game rewarding especially long term.

To put it more bluntly D3 is designed as a downhill experience where smart people can make it down efficiently, but any idiot can stumble to the bottom as well. It's designed to let the player win. PoE is the opposite. It's designed to try and beat the player. It's a grueling climb and grind to the top to reach an apex that not everyone will reach, but that is what makes the experience more rewarding.

Last edited by Hackusations on Aug 26, 2015, 9:11:08 PM
"
Hackusations wrote:
A lot of the things people list as being "better" in D3 typically involve areas where PoE is frustrating, annoying, tedious, punishing, etc... while D3 has made them easy going, effortless, and/or accessible.

The thing is just because something is frustrating, annoying, tedious, punishing, or whatever reason causes a player to dislike it doesn't make it bad for the game. On the contrary if that something is associated with part of the choices, challenges, or risks within the game then it is part of what helps make the game rewarding especially long term.

To put it more bluntly D3 is designed as a downhill experience where smart people can make it down efficiently, but any idiot can stumble to the bottom as well. It's designed to let the player win. PoE is the opposite. It's designed to try and beat the player. It's a grueling climb and grind to the top to reach an apex that not everyone will reach, but that is what makes the experience more rewarding.

If something is frustrating, annoying, tedious, punishing enough to cause a player to STOP playing a game, then, yes, it can be bad for the game if too many players stop playing.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

As for now and for an ARPG D3 overall outplaces POE on allmost all areas if it comes to digestible genere specific entertainment.

Of course if you like mental spanking and if you're recptive for sado-masochism POE outshines everything and is probably the best game ever :)
- Best Signature Ever -

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info