We all trash talked D3, but is there any feature that D3 does better than PoE?

Non trash-tier optimization.
Diablo pros:

pity (tee-hee) uniques

"smart" drop-rate

increased unique drop-rate

cons:

no trade system (which is why i won't ever go back to diablo 3)

The camera zoom in D3 is superior. As much as I love having my character right in my face in an ARPG, that is the ONE thing that has kept me from playing this game for more than 1 hour.
Oh and big Pro: diablo 3 has (tee-hee) whimsyshire.

Why can't we have nice things? I've long advocated for our version of whimsyshire/cow level -- a map with giant gerbils.
Last edited by coatofarms on Aug 23, 2015, 12:09:11 AM
"
Azdrubel wrote:

Thank god preferences are different.

"
Azdrubel wrote:
No. No, it is not. It is Not. More. Fun.

I like when people contradict themselves in the first sentences so I don't have to read the rest of their bullshit.
"
deviltheory wrote:

Botting is currently rampant, as well as 3rd party programs like TurboHUD.

This happens in POE too.

"
deviltheory wrote:

But I will say that, Paragon is no illusion :( it starts scaling like crazy after P800. To the point where people with high paragon are doing 2-3x more damage compared to people under 800, aka 99% of the population. Atm there is a huge problem with group-play, as it is earning many times more XP compared to solo-play. People are posting that it is even up to 18x more efficient. The forums are up in arms about this, as a lot were hoping this would be changed just before S4 starts, but Blizzard isn't going to be doing anything about it, as their philosophy is literally group play should be more rewarding, just in-case you have weaker friends that will slow you down too much (confirmed in Ziggy D's latest interview).

...and this happens in POE too. 90+ you can only map with a group because the cost to roll maps starts scaling like crazy so you need to split the costs.

"
coatofarms wrote:
Oh and big Pro: diablo 3 has (tee-hee) whimsyshire.

Why can't we have nice things? I've long advocated for our version of whimsyshire/cow level -- a map with giant gerbils.

I've always wanted a map filled with microtransaction pets as the mobs.
I can't really think of any.

Unique drop rates and the lack of the trade focus? Then again, uniques dropping more often doesn't mean squat when they're as bad as the D3 ones.
I'd say smoother gameplay, more polished graphics (graphics =/= artstyle, mind you) and better netcode and that's about it.

I'm amazed that someone would find running greater rifts against the clock more entertaining than mapping thou; well, apples & oranges and different tastes i guess.
Last edited by Tom7i on Aug 24, 2015, 11:20:19 AM
"
Fennell wrote:

I want to play the game, not an economy sim.

I really wanna know who apart from dedicated flippers spend more than 5% of their time trading in PoE.

My usual trading Experience:

*me mapping*

customer: Hey Mahesys, WTB your XXX for 5 chaos
me: kk fair price, gimme 5-10 min im mapping (time to write message: 4 to 6 seconds)
(map ends)
me: ok done mapping (time to write message: 2 to 3 seconds)
me: (sending party inv) (time to send invite: 2 to 3 seconds)
me: my HO (time to write message: 1 second)
customer: (joins my HO) (time: from 5 up to 30 seconds)
me + customer: sending trade invite (time: 1 to 2 seconds)
me + customer: trading done, usual "t4t stay safe" message (time to trade + message: 10 to 15 seconds)

Total time each trade: 25 seconds to 60 seconds, average 43 seconds

Total time spend for each map on my average: 12 minutes --> 720 seconds

43/720 = 5,97% of time trading with an average of 1 trade on each map

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info