Sweep

really want to see another buff :(
Buff please!

Now that Ice Crash exists, this skill just became COMPLETELY useless.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Last edited by Diablo1reborn on Jun 14, 2015, 4:16:20 PM
I wouldnt call this useless due to Ice Crash. Not yet.

I think that the change to finally base it on weapon attack speed solved the problem for me. I have a 'generic 2h life aoe mace' marauder with a pretty good weapon and out of 3 setups
Ice Crash
Ground Slam
Sweep

I like the latest the most. Why? Mostly because it is 'faster' than Ice Crash and at the same time 'more aoe' than Ground Slam (hits around not only in front). That last perk coupled with Abyssal Cry makes all the difference

links:

weapon:

I bet that with Marohi or other slow mace the result is going to be different
I have been using the Sweep Skill Gem (on my first melee character) in its most updated game state and it has been a neat experience while using it, that is, until its single-action animation going around and around in just one circular direction became too repetitive.

Can you please animate the Sweep Skill Gem in such way where the swing of a weapon goes in both circular directions alternately with two hands (instead of one hand) to make it look like there is more force behind the sweeping swings?

Here is a great example of a two-handed 360 degree sweeping attack at 0:50: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5l7zo-V-3k (this example footage is from Kilik's moves from Soul Caliber III, yet these moves are not complex)

Here is a great example of a better one-handed 360 degree sweeping attack at 0:44, in case you do not like the above two-handed sweeping attack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5l7zo-V-3k (from the same video)

P.S. On a technical note, the 'Sweep' skill does not look like a 'sweeping an enemy off their feet' move like its name seems to imply, anyway, because the weapon is more elevated in the air at all times than it is pointing a bit more toward the ground in front of the character, to which the rest of the swing behind the character is elevated in the air that would hit the faces of enemies behind.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jul 21, 2015, 4:47:05 AM
Here's a quote from the 2.0.0 Patch Notes:

"
Sweep ... no longer knocks enemies back beyond the max radius.

Does having increased knockback distance, e.g. from the passive tree, change this new behavior?
"
ManyTurns wrote:
Here's a quote from the 2.0.0 Patch Notes:

"
Sweep ... no longer knocks enemies back beyond the max radius.

Does having increased knockback distance, e.g. from the passive tree, change this new behavior?
the way it is worded, it wouldn't matter if getting increased knockback distance via passive and/or knockback gem. you'd have to increase AoE to push further away via this skill only.

the change was so that people can use this to dps instead of "missing" some hits via pushing out of reach. if you wanted to push further away via this skill alone, you'd need both increased AoE and increased knockback distance.
"
the way it is worded, it wouldn't matter if getting increased knockback distance via passive and/or knockback gem.

Excellent! I wanted to increase my knockback chance, but it comes bundled with increased distance. I was hoping that the increased distance didn't push things beyond my reach.

Skill certainly became significantly stronger, but also became more generic and standardized.

Before the uniqueness was similar to leapslam in the set base attack period. Gameplay much smoother now but I'd have liked a change in a different direction, not just Path of Higher Attack and Cast Speed.
This gem really needs a buff. Such a fun skill but outclassed by many other melee attacks.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
sweep+multi is very powerful with lgoh
also full phys leech effectiveness unlike ice crash
also u cant get stuck on ground things like cyclone-
leap into cyclone is great, u need leap for ledges anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info