Sweep

75%->85% effectiveness.

still pointless

has anyone, anywhere created something at least semi viable (not best, but just viable) around Sweep that isnt INSTANTLY beat by Leap Slam?
"
sidtherat wrote:
75%->85% effectiveness.

still pointless

has anyone, anywhere created something at least semi viable (not best, but just viable) around Sweep that isnt INSTANTLY beat by Leap Slam?

Is it even mathematically possible?
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
well

ice nova has low dmg but it CAN be made effective via AOE: it is the total dps output (not paper one) that counts. with ice nova you can cover pretty much ENTIRE (and i mean that) screen. it takes few casts (more than with lets say fireball or whatever) but these few casts clear entire screen.

but it is impossible to replicate with sweep.. and ive tried. base aoe is not enough to cover entire screen and ofc there is the 'fixed speed' stuff making aspd scalling less efficient

ill try AGAIN to make it work but i do not expect any success
Ice Nova is literally 50% larger, so you know. You really do need a ton more Increased Radius to Sweep the entire screen :P Wideswing'd do it maybe, but that's also Wideswing.

Attack Speed is a relative modifier. It is no more or less strong (100% faster is 100% faster), and on-weapion IAS still stacks multiplicatively. You just can't reach stupid levels of Attacks/sec.

What I'd personally theorycrafted for Sweep was a Crit Staff setup. Knockback on Crit plus the innate Knockback, maybe even the Fending cluster... Should keep you completely safe from melee attackers.
Never went through because rolling Staves is the worst thing ever.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 20, 2014, 3:27:40 PM
Still terrible, one of the worst skills in the game. Scales worse than cleave, same quality, very small AOE for the bad damage effectiveness, at best dps positioning you are put in massive danger, knockback isn't valuable at all, slow aps and locks you in place, limited weapon availability and the mana cost is way too high.

Ground slam has similar damage (better aps though) and disruption but puts you at less risk, Cleave is much more damage and less risk and Molten Strike is just insane. Mechanically, it is very similar to Leap Slam, but Leap Slam is a lot better in most ways, which is a bit of a cult skill itself.

I assume the skill is balanced the way it is because there is an assumption that the knockback it provides is helpful, however it doesn't really add anything major to the skill.

Mana cost of at most 13, damage effectiveness to at least 100% to be on par with cleave and the usual 4% damage per level would be a good start for sweep. Though with the danger caused by the skill, slow speed, limited to 3 two handed weapon types and the much better performance of comparable skills, sweep may need a bit more.
Last edited by Dragol on Sep 3, 2014, 10:04:04 PM
"
Dragol wrote:
Still terrible, one of the worst skills in the game. Scales worse than cleave, same quality, very small AOE for the bad damage effectiveness, at best dps positioning you are put in massive danger, knockback isn't valuable at all, slow aps and locks you in place, limited weapon availability and the mana cost is way too high.

Ground slam has similar damage (better aps though) and disruption but puts you at less risk, Cleave is much more damage and less risk and Molten Strike is just insane. Mechanically, it is very similar to Leap Slam, but Leap Slam is a lot better in most ways, which is a bit of a cult skill itself.

I assume the skill is balanced the way it is because there is an assumption that the knockback it provides is helpful, however it doesn't really add anything major to the skill.

Mana cost of at most 13, damage effectiveness to at least 100% to be on par with cleave and the usual 4% damage per level would be a good start for sweep. Though with the danger caused by the skill, slow speed, limited to 3 two handed weapon types and the much better performance of comparable skills, sweep may need a bit more.

Being limited to 2-handers, i believe Sweep could use a much larger base AoE, turning it to semi-range ability (aka Ground Slam).
Also, we probably need a keystone for reverse knockback (pulls enemies to you instead of knocking them away). With higher AoE and keystone like that, it could be a nice skill to "suck" crowds into one spot ).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Being limited to 2-handers, i believe Sweep could use a much larger base AoE, turning it to semi-range ability (aka Ground Slam).
Also, we probably need a keystone for reverse knockback (pulls enemies to you instead of knocking them away). With higher AoE and keystone like that, it could be a nice skill to "suck" crowds into one spot ).

Pulling enemies in is a nice idea and it is like asking to die to desync. Right now you have to work extra hard not to die to mobs while using vaal cyclone. With a 2-hander with such bad damage effectiveness skill you will just die every time.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Pulling enemies in is a nice idea and it is like asking to die to desync. Right now you have to work extra hard not to die to mobs while using vaal cyclone. With a 2-hander with such bad damage effectiveness skill you will just die every time.

An example of Sweep build - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1042774
With such great AoE, desync isnt an issue at all. But in my opinion, it requires too much investments, sweep just should have higher AoE itself (for example, gain +2% inreased AoE per level, like Rain of Arrows).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
(at the time of writing this) level 21 Templar | Heavy Strike + Sweep | Crit Staff. Doing some felshrine runs for the easy xp and a Ground Slam gem drops, pop it in a socket and.. Lv.1 Ground Slam beats Lv.7 Sweep, Ground Slam comes out faster and seemed to deal more damage, I have to Sweep twice to kill a pack, but most of the time 1 Ground Slam is enough.

Also, just comparing those 2 now (while writing this) Sweep seems to keep you in a stand-still animation after the attack is done for about 0.2~0.3s, I think this should be removed.
"Please feel free to report any players you see attempting to acquire/sell items in trade chat." - Bex_GGG
Last edited by Sinzeek on Jan 14, 2015, 1:44:29 PM
Cyclone simply beat this skill hands down. This skill need a revision badly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info