Sweep

My proposal to possible rework in 3.7:

Something like that:

Build it around fast reverse knockback chanelling attack in circle, getting more aoe (more like monsters vacuuming, similar to vaal cyclone reverse meme) while chanelling (swoosh swoosh), meanwhile when more mobs in your dmg area, then more chance to get endurance charges,
Then you can use (2nd phase of skill) burst which knockbacks and hit all mobs around with powerfull physical wave, and damage of that wave calculated by channeling stages and/or spend endurance charges, which make skill versatile, use endurance charges or crowd of monsters to scale damage (or both).

Possible description:

Swings a two handed melee weapon in a circle, with every attack you i'll get chanelling stages, pushing to you some monsters around the character.
Every stack of channel increase area of effect of circle attack, while you have chance to generate endurance charge per hit. You can release wave after getting full channel stacks, dealing physical aoe damage (in nova) to nearby monsters and knockback them. Endurance charges gonna be consumed to increase area effect and wave damage.
Quality of gem: 10% of pushing attack area of effect.

Passive nodes to knockback distance are affect that skill - both reverse pushing and wave knockbacks aoe.

ps: sry i'm not english native, hope you guys can understand my poor english )
Last edited by lacnee on Mar 6, 2019, 5:12:50 PM
3.7.0 Update:

The skill is still bugged, dont waste your time on it.

The same old problem:

If you start sweeping with multistrike and there are monsters coming in for the second and third repeat you cant hit them EVEN WITH RESOLUTE TECHIQUE.
Last edited by Motopsycho on Jun 8, 2019, 12:23:06 PM
yeah same ... pls ggg ... fix it :)
Could we please get a fix to that annoying multistrike bug?
Currently an unplayable skill. It misses often with 100% accuracy, especially against trash mobs.
We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
Why there still have a lab enchant : % chance to knockback, when the gem now have 100% chance to knockback on hit ?
still misses after patch ....
Hadn't played since delve.

Went back to my standard Sweep and Resolute Technique.

I noticed that Sweep, while slower, got a massive power increase and knock-back (100% baby). I was quite hyped.

I noticed however that the 100% hit for the 360 area does not seem to hold.

After I noticed it happen, I started really looking at all my attacks and the enemies that approached.

The "failure" seemed to occur most often when an enemy was moving quickly either directly at me (Alira's Matyr) or through my space (Rhoas charging).

There were also a very few that did not apply to the above.

I started thinking about what reasons there could be for that happening (from a programing perspective).

Possibility 1) It targets the entire area at one moment and the enemy wasn't in the area at that moment, but was before or after that moment.

After looking carefully that did not seem to be the case as there were enemies in my range the entire time that still did not get hit.

This left me with
Possibility 2) Sweep targets the area in a sequential pattern, not all at once. It also has a check in place to ensure you don't hit the same enemy multiple times.

Possible Example: Sweep at one point had a 24 radius (it might still) but I will assume it does for this. The programing could break the time of the attack into 24 equal parts and at each part check one of the radius if a monster is in it and flag it. Then at the end of the animation all flagged monsters are "hit".

This would explain why moving monsters would provide the highest likely hood for the "miss" to occur, but still allow for small shifts by small trash mobs to also enable a miss.

I get why it could have ended up this way; I get that this could be intended.

However I feel that this is very much against what people expect and would leave people disappointed. They expect 360 degrees (full coverage), 100% chance to hit, to mean exactly that.

Edit: It is quite possible that Sweep was always programmed this way, but with the massive slowdown it became much more noticeable.
Hence programmers thinking that "nothing" changed with the skill hence not really believing feedback.
Last edited by CidAvadose on Jun 22, 2019, 1:22:13 AM
I also have experienced the missing enemies issue. It seems most common with moving monsters and a slow attack speed. While the animation may accurately show the range it does not clearly represent where the blade is so monsters can enter into the animation and the damage arc has already passed. Those making it appear to have missed.
Leveled up from 12 to 90 with Sweep (initially pillar of the caged god, later hegemony's era). AL8, multi-ex gear, yadayadayada. Long story short: went back to my favorite vaal EQ, because sweep is an obsolete, boring skill.

Seep is quite bad, because it's too generic.
It's completely outclassed by many other melee skills in both AoE clear, and single target potential. Functionally it's very similar to cyclone, but the latter is so much better (and more importantly: FUN to use), even after all the nerfs since 3.7 rework.
I don't have too much to add, it's just a bland boring skill. But hey... it knocks back enemies *yawn*...

Suggestion: rework this skill by adding a unique mechanic tied to blood/sand stance, similar to how perforate and bladestorm operate:
Sand stance = aoe wide swing - pretty much the current functionality, but with a little extra +% more dmg at the very edge of the area, thus synergising with knockback.
Blood stance = boundless strike - similar to sunder, but with smaller aoe and more "concentrated" damage for better single target. HOWEVER, still scaling really well with melee range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info