Raise Spectre

One issue the Eternal Laboratory is a zone listed as level 66 - if you're doing maps and you need to unload back in town your spectre automatically becomes level 66. If there's down levelling of Spectre's please remove it.

Also if there's caps on Spectre levels please remove it so they automatically adjust to the level of the zone (this would be perfectly fine and you wouldn't have to impact down levelling).

I remember thread topics on this many moons ago and from what i've been reading now down levelling and max level caps are still existing spectre issues.
"There is only one god and his name is Death. Do you know what we say to Death? ...Not today."

-Syrio Forel
Last edited by Gurubu on Aug 29, 2014, 6:00:38 AM
Spectres are downleveled, but they also scale back up all the same.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
but they also scale back up all the same.
when did this part happen?
Pretty sure that's always happened. 's What I heard when people corrected me on it anyways :P
It's easy to see for yourself. Take a Merc Spectre to the Mud Flats on Norm and back to the Sceptre. They don't die instantly and can kill things.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 29, 2014, 12:53:50 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Pretty sure that's always happened. 's What I heard when people corrected me on it anyways :P
It's easy to see for yourself. Take a Merc Spectre to the Mud Flats on Norm and back to the Sceptre. They don't die instantly and can kill things.

Fair test although an official response would be awesome (or if anyone has official links with details of Specter leveling systems)

The question also remains if Specter's are level capped based on the body it was risen from. Being a full time summoner some specter's are trash compared to others and there's no way GGG will be able to balance all specter's to be the same strength thus leaving you grabbing whatever is available in high level maps.
"There is only one god and his name is Death. Do you know what we say to Death? ...Not today."

-Syrio Forel
Last edited by Gurubu on Aug 30, 2014, 4:57:26 PM
I can't be arsed looking for the answer; googling "site:pathofexile.com mark_ggg Spectre downleveling" or something similar should get you a bunch of potentially useful results. They're already out there.

Another one that's easy to test though. Just invert it: raise a Spectre in Normal Mud Flats and take it to the Sceptre on Merc. Watch it instantly explode like the level four scrub it is. Alternatively: use a low-level Desecrate in a high level area, raise those corpses and watch them too vaporise.

Spectres scale down, not up.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 31, 2014, 10:40:12 AM
So I'm a 73 summoner in beyond league, this is really the first character I have got high in a long, long time. I had a summoner a long time ago, but spectres became an absolute pain in the arse the higher I got (68 minions, 70+ maps, lol).

When I looked over raise spectre, and looked over desecrate, my brain said to me "surely, desecrate must be the answer GGG has developed to overcome the painful micromanagement of spectres! Maybe I can go to the zone of my choice and summon corpses of a given level that, while downscaled in zones of lower level, will have a base level determined by the gem! Yes! What a great idea!"

Really? You have this fantastic opportunity offered by desecrate to fix one of the most annoying issues with a skill that still has incredibly annoying micromanagement issues without considering level differences, and you don't do it?

Is it that much to ask that we can have the spectres of our choosing at the level appropriate to our characters? It still requires much more setup than ANY other skill in the game (going to another zone, summoning corpses, manually targeting multiples of the corpse you want to have, often while removing spell echo to make sure you don't inadvertantly summon incorrect spectres).

TL:DR; can you please give corpses supplied by desecrate a base level as described in the gem, regardless of the zone they are summoned in? By virtue of gem level, they are still capped to a level appropriate to the character, and they are still scaled down to the zones that the character enters. The only change, literally the only change, is that high level summoners in the 70s, 80s, 90s aren't walking around with 68 spectres. The choice of spectre simply isn't flexible enough to allow dynamic changing of what you use as spectres, even if that is the intent.
What I'd like to see would be the following:

1) Spectres scale to your level. This way, there's no way they can be overleveled and be overpowered and would be an issue if you went to a lower leveled area (as you're already a high level character anyway). Spectres are an extension of the summoner's strength and if they put the skill points to make them useful then they should also be so, even if it meant a level 100 player with a level 100 Spectre farming level 68 Piety. If they got that far, they deserve all that extra power just like any other player that got far enough to be level 100.

If not like that, at least let monsters rescale to the level of the area you are in properly, or with a small deviation, where a Level 80 summoner in a level 75 area will bring level 77 spectres for example.

2) Make it so that Spectres can be resummoned. Gong out and choosing your favorite spectre to fit your playstyle and then losing it makes it become a bigger issue than it should be. Slap on a high cast time for summoning spectres and either let dead spectres continue to follow until revived, or let players record a small list of spectres they have captured and summon them at any time with said high cooldown.

Being able to pick and choose can better help pick support gems to fit your spectres and lastly save tons of time returning to areas just to get back your spectres over and over.
Would it be too much to ask for to have Raise Spectre 'snapshot' the last corpse your character targeted? It would be a slight buff, but it would be a huge QoL improvement, as right now spectre grabbing is a massive pain in the ass. Making it so that you don't have to run all the way back to the zone you want just because XxxYOLO_360_SUPERSWAGxxX rogue exile managed to kill your spectres with whatever random mobility+damage skill they had would be a huge godsend.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Mokihiki wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/88583/page/1#p8106292

By this logic, linking raise spectre with, for example increased minion damage, should affect the raging spirits the spectre summons while linking it with multistrike shouldn't.
Indeed.

"
soul4hdwn wrote:
anything linked to the spectre gem, will carry the linked supports through the monster
Correct.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
including the monster's monsters
Incorrect.

Support gems work by adding their stats into the skill. Any stats in a minion skill (from the active skill gem or from support gems) are added as base stats on the minions it creates.

If you support Raise Spectre (or other minion) with Increased Attack Speed, it has "x% increased attack speed" as a base stat, the same as you would have that stat if you got it from a passive skill.
Just like your attack speed passives affect you and not your minions, the spectre having this attack speed as a base stat affects it, not its minions.

When you summon a Raised Spectre (or any other minion) while having x% increased minion damage as a base stat on you (such as from a passive), that stat applies by adding "x% increased damage" as a base stat on the minion (with the same value). Just like all your stats, the stat itself is not copied to your minion. But the effect of this particular stat is to add a different stat as a base stat on the minion. As before, this "x% increased damage" is a base stat on the spectre, and thus will affect it, not it's minions.

However, if you support Raise Spectre with Minion Damage, both things occur. The skill is affected by "x% increased minion damage", and thus applies "x% increased damage" to the spectre as a base stat (thus the spectre has increased damage). But since "x% increased minion damage" in this case is a stat directly in the skill, it's also copied to the spectre as one of it's base stats - so the spectre also has "x% increased minion damage" as a base stat. Which won't affect its damage because it's not its own minion, but will affect the damage of its minions.

Just on a curiosity, how would "item rarity" support work with minions raised by spectres?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info