Raise Spectre

Also make the AI better, and make more monsters spectre friendly some of them have huge potential but end up sucking big time because they don't spam their ability.

Freezing pulse
arctic breath
lightning arrow

the list goes on.

Now we have 2-3 maybe 4? spectres to choose from of the all the monsters that exist in the poe world.
Last edited by drixor on Jul 8, 2014, 7:54:55 PM
"
drixor wrote:
Also make the AI better, and make more monsters spectre friendly some of them have huge potential but end up sucking big time because they don't spam their ability.

Freezing pulse
arctic breath
lightning arrow

the list goes on.

Now we have 2-3 maybe 4? spectres to choose from of the all the monsters that exist in the poe world.
I think there are more than 4 to choose from. These are the ones I've used to map successfully (Although I did have to find a few of these in maps because the zones they normally spawn in were too low level):
Undying Evangelists
Flame Sentinels
Tentacle Miscreations
Burning Miscreations
Mortality Experimenters
Flesh Sculpters
Undying Grapplers
Arcmages
Carrion Queens
Carnage Chieftains
Plumed Chimerals
Birdmen
Ancient Constructs (the ones with implicit lmp)
Kraityn's Snipers
Voidbearers
Night Adders

And there are probably others that can work that I haven't tried yet.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
Mokihiki wrote:
I think there are more than 4 to choose from. These are the ones I've used to map successfully (Although I did have to find a few of these in maps because the zones they normally spawn in were too low level):
Undying Evangelists
Flame Sentinels
Tentacle Miscreations
Burning Miscreations
Mortality Experimenters
Flesh Sculpters
Undying Grapplers
Arcmages
Carrion Queens
Carnage Chieftains
Plumed Chimerals
Birdmen
Ancient Constructs (the ones with implicit lmp)
Kraityn's Snipers
Voidbearers
Night Adders

And there are probably others that can work that I haven't tried yet.

Undying Evangelists - OK
Flame Sentinels - low dmg in 4-link but good in 6l
Tentacle Miscreations - good dmg in 4l+
Burning Miscreations - nerfed to the ground
Mortality Experimenters - usless
Flesh Sculpters - usless
Undying Grapplers - gimmick
Arcmages - dont spam spells so dps is low
Carrion Queens - low dps slow movment speed, big hitbox
Carnage Chieftains - if you talking about frenzy charges then you must know that charge gives 5 attack speed and zombie can have 3 so 15% is worthless
Plumed Chimerals - low dps i dont know why anybody use them instead of Tentacle Miscreations
Birdmen - great dps when they atack but ai suck so low dps
Ancient Constructs (the ones with implicit lmp) - super low dps
Kraityn's Snipers - every archer suck balls
Voidbearers - nerfed when ggg added them long shot but still strong
Night Adders - low dps (im not shure hard to find monster)

Only specters that are worth anything: Undying Evangelists, Flame Sentinels, Tentacle Miscreations, Voidbearers. Rest is not worth gem slots.
Last edited by Juran on Jul 29, 2014, 6:20:35 AM
about the frenzy charges, monsters are affected differently from players, they could very well be unconfirmed 15% (just like endurance charges but that is confirmed) per charge.
I have a question to mark, how does the necromancer work that summons raging spirit.

are the linked support gems to the spectre affect the raging spirit too?

or only auras. i´m so happy to have now a choice and not only use evangelists. but would be nice to know what affect the summoned raging spirits from the necromancer. (elreon qs)
"
sakuranoto wrote:
I have a question to mark, how does the necromancer work that summons raging spirit.

are the linked support gems to the spectre affect the raging spirit too?

or only auras. i´m so happy to have now a choice and not only use evangelists. but would be nice to know what affect the summoned raging spirits from the necromancer. (elreon qs)

Here's a comment by Mark_GGG regarding Reanimators, another enemy that creates minions even when raised as a spectre:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ELLE_Birthday wrote:
I would like to ask a question regarding the "Reanimator" spectre. Do the zombies raised by the reanimator gain passive skills from the summoner & items/gems? If no, what are their stats anyway?
No, they're the spectre's minions, not your minions. Your minion modifiers only apply to your minions. If you give the spectre minion modifiers (via a shield with Necromantic Aegis, or through the support gems that grant minion bonuses) then it's minion modifiers will apply to it's minions.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/88583/page/1#p8106292

By this logic, linking raise spectre with, for example increased minion damage, should affect the raging spirits the spectre summons while linking it with multistrike shouldn't.

Last edited by Mokihiki on Aug 27, 2014, 12:28:26 PM
anything linked to the spectre gem, will carry the linked supports through the monster, including the monster's monsters but only if applicable (raging skulls ARE boosted by multistrike for the example posted above). this was in patch notes somewhere in similar wording.
why the same doesn't happen with totems and traps anymore is forgotten to me.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Aug 27, 2014, 4:20:35 PM
I just tried linking Raise Spectre with Multistrike and Endurance Charge on Melee Stun while raising some Reanimators and a regular melee monster as spectres.

The regular melee spectre would repeat its attack 3 times and gain endurance charges; the zombies raised by the Reanimators wouldn't.

I also tried with Power Charge on Critical and Increased Critical Strike Chance. Both the melee spectre and the Reanimators occasionally got a power charge but the Reanimators' zombies were not so lucky.

Lastly I tried supporting them with Minion Speed since of the four supports that I believe carry over to a minions minion it's the only one that is easy to visually confirm, especially now that snapshotting is fixed. Putting in the Minion Speed support clearly made the Reanimators' zombies move around faster. The Reanimators themselves and the melee spectre not so much, maybe a little. It was hard to tell because spectres have a movement speed cap and I was using a 20/20 Raise Spectre gem so the spectres themselves might've been really close to this cap without the Minion Speed support.

As I understand it, the thing that's different about the Minion Damage, Minion Life, Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance and Minion Speed supports compared to other supports in this context is that a minion linked with these supports will gain two effects from them: one for themselves and one for any minions they might somehow summon. For example; Minion Life will actually grant a minion with both "X% increased maximum life" as well as "Minions have X% percent increased Life" (from the minion's own perspective). With regular supports like Multistrike, spectres just gain the regular mods and no minion equivelant ones so no mods are passed on to their minions.

If it was supposed to work as you say then it might be bugged (Maybe exclusively with regards to Reanimators, haven't tried this with the ones summoning raging spirits. They should work the same though) because it really doesn't seem like the games agrees with you.

Or maybe I'm blind, lol.
Last edited by Mokihiki on Aug 27, 2014, 6:25:12 PM
"
Mokihiki wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/88583/page/1#p8106292

By this logic, linking raise spectre with, for example increased minion damage, should affect the raging spirits the spectre summons while linking it with multistrike shouldn't.
Indeed.

"
soul4hdwn wrote:
anything linked to the spectre gem, will carry the linked supports through the monster
Correct.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
including the monster's monsters
Incorrect.

Support gems work by adding their stats into the skill. Any stats in a minion skill (from the active skill gem or from support gems) are added as base stats on the minions it creates.

If you support Raise Spectre (or other minion) with Increased Attack Speed, it has "x% increased attack speed" as a base stat, the same as you would have that stat if you got it from a passive skill.
Just like your attack speed passives affect you and not your minions, the spectre having this attack speed as a base stat affects it, not its minions.

When you summon a Raised Spectre (or any other minion) while having x% increased minion damage as a base stat on you (such as from a passive), that stat applies by adding "x% increased damage" as a base stat on the minion (with the same value). Just like all your stats, the stat itself is not copied to your minion. But the effect of this particular stat is to add a different stat as a base stat on the minion. As before, this "x% increased damage" is a base stat on the spectre, and thus will affect it, not it's minions.

However, if you support Raise Spectre with Minion Damage, both things occur. The skill is affected by "x% increased minion damage", and thus applies "x% increased damage" to the spectre as a base stat (thus the spectre has increased damage). But since "x% increased minion damage" in this case is a stat directly in the skill, it's also copied to the spectre as one of it's base stats - so the spectre also has "x% increased minion damage" as a base stat. Which won't affect its damage because it's not its own minion, but will affect the damage of its minions.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 27, 2014, 9:27:07 PM
Ok... so...

If I raise one of these scions of corruption for example, and that one raises a corrupted skullbearer... then the skullbearer would get the bonus "increased damage" but not the "increased minion damage", so its raging spirits would not be affected by the "increase (self) damage"...?

So the exception is just the first step of the way minion damage is generally implemented (both effects "self damage" and "minion damage" applied to the spells direct creations), and it, so to say, needs on "step/generation" more to make its child-effect "vanish". Yes?

Well, still its a bit inconsistent on how things are handled otherwise. Especially as it would bring us where the BM-nerf began... a potentially good spectre, almost uninfluenced by and thus at best used without passives... like it was done with Burned Miscreation by highlvl players with any build, to level gems back then.

And could you please have a have a look at the ideas ppl posted here some pages ago, on how to make the raise spectre base functionality party friendly, and give us feedback on what you devs think of it?

(I especially like the "spectres leave corpses" idea... if tweaked a bit...

For example:
Slain spectres become "lingering souls", that just flow around and start to fade away. In that time they can be raised/bound again, with the RS-spell like using it on a corpse. If the time expires... *poof*

Maybe it could be realized with a soul conduit like script...?
Just that it recreates the slain creature with the same effect again. After recreation it could additionally add a status that disables all its skills (or makes it inable to fight in any other way), makes its model invisible and instead gets an unified appearance effect. (foglike, "will-o-wisp"-like or whatever).
If the status runs out it could remove the "soul conduit" and kill the spectre. If raise spectre is cast on that spectre before that happens the status effect would simply be removed.

Or you can directly script it with a special soul-creature to replace the spectre temporarily, idk... well, with all the crazy scripts of unique items I can't imagine it would be a problem for you guys. :)

That also could open further possibilities...
With the masters for example.
Catarina just offers a +2 skeletons as one of her "unique mods"... a stat, thats present in so many places already...

How about... "X more seconds before lingering souls vanish"...?

Or a unique item that reduces the lingering time and creates and additional harmful effect when souls vanish, but if rebound intime bestows that spectre with onslaught...

Just my ideas...)
Last edited by Seelenernter on Aug 28, 2014, 3:58:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info