Ground Slam

Dominating, while not seen often at all, is a build in and of itself. Lightning Strike and Infernal Blow are not single-target, as mentioned by Wiggin. Flicker is a build on its own, although usually done with Swords.

So, sure, the cookie-cutter Mace users won't need the faster maces. That doesn't mean they're useless and don't need to exist.
I'd like to see the mana cost of Ground Slam increase. It's far too easy to spam as a normal attack. I also wouldnt mind seeing the cast speed increase slightly.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Knowing that ground slam scales off of accuracy, would it not be better for the skill to 'Miss' or 'hit' per mob in the cone radius. Rather than all hit or all miss? If it already does this disregard, but it seems it is always 'Hit or Miss'.

Also seeing that its a ground slam, should it not have a slightly larger hit box at the back of the slam?

@onomastikon, almost any skill becomes 'spamable' with clarity so in essence everything would need a mana increase or clarity would have to be nerfed.
"
vampirictoti wrote:
Knowing that ground slam scales off of accuracy, would it not be better for the skill to 'Miss' or 'hit' per mob in the cone radius. Rather than all hit or all miss? If it already does this disregard
It does. I couldn't work as an 'all hit or all miss' because the monsters might have different evasion ratings.
Well, if groundslam is so over-powered compared to others, what if it was adjusted to have damage decay over distance? I.e. Automatic point-blank (with less decay)?
I think there's a very fine line between useful and overpowered. Sometimes the tiniest changes can take a skill from being the most used to no one using it.

From my personal gameplay, I feel that groundslam is in a good spot right now. If any more changes were made to it's damage, I would instantly drop it for sweep.

"
Drakx wrote:
I think there's a very fine line between useful and overpowered. Sometimes the tiniest changes can take a skill from being the most used to no one using it.

From my personal gameplay, I feel that groundslam is in a good spot right now. If any more changes were made to it's damage, I would instantly drop it for sweep.

Very big +1 on this, although I would argue GS may have already jumped the shark a bit during the last set of changes, which is unfortunate because it used to be so much fun. Now it is meh (and that makes me sad).

P.S. I'm a strong proponent that "overpowered" is the most over used word in game feedback. For one thing, it is an imprecise word because it means different things to different people depending on play style. For another, as soon as you start mixing PvE and PvP the term "overpowered" can become a slippery slope towards game mediocrity (particularly for PvE).
personally I think the Ground Slam is a god awful skill, it misses most the time especially if the monsters are directly in front of you. It needs to be so that it hits most things directly in front of you then either hits or misses as it gets further away from you. You can see the trail of the slam going directly under a monster yet somehow still seems to miss.
Just like other weapon attacks, GS needs to pass a hit check; it's listed on the [C]haracter Sheet. Desynchs can also cause misses.
The graphic aspect to this skill is so sad, it looks utterly repulsive. Dat orange effect looks so damn glassy. I hope they change it to a white brightness or something else. I understand that the concept is the hit "destroying the ground" but it just looks plain stupid to be honest, especially when you are spamming it, rather have it glow or somekind of effect that isn't litterarely glued to the ground. Also it might work the way it is if you simply change the colour and add brightness, that way it might go well with all the various spots.
Last edited by neroscapegod on Nov 7, 2012, 11:42:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info