Ground Slam

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 9:34:44 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 9:35:18 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Just to confirm - the attack speed of ground slam is now affected by the base weapon type, and also attacks ~17.6% faster (i.e. 1/0.85) than the character screen would indicate, right?
"
dainbramage wrote:
Just to confirm - the attack speed of ground slam is now affected by the base weapon type, and also attacks ~17.6% faster (i.e. 1/0.85) than the character screen would indicate, right?
No? Ground Slam has never been affected by the base attack duration of your weapon, and still is not. The skill has it's own base duration, which is then affected by attack speed. The DPS/attacks per second display on the character screen is incorrect for ground slam, because it does not know this, but the amount by which it is wrong will depend on the base duration of the weapon, which the DPS calculation uses, but ground slam does not.
Wow that's weird. I did some stopwatch testing with it a while ago and it seemed to confirm that. I thought it'd changed in 0.9.4. Now I re-did it and got it not being dependent on base weapon speed.

Gah, oh well. Sorry for screwing up my testing then making forum posts about it...
Any chance on adding DW functionality to this gem.

So that like cleave its -40% but strikes with both weapons?
POE, Diablo III, and Torchlight 2... what, who says I can't enjoy all of them?
What *is* the ground slam base duration?

It feels faster than sweep on a 2h mace, does more damage per hit, and superior for AoE purposes because it's not afflicted by the AI pathfinding problem.

I was playing mostly with Sweep/Leaping Strike up until a little bit of chaos, decided to try Ground Slam, and it's just a superior AoE spell in every way.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
dainbramage wrote:
No? Ground Slam has never been affected by the base attack duration of your weapon, and still is not. The skill has it's own base duration, which is then affected by attack speed. The DPS/attacks per second display on the character screen is incorrect for ground slam, because it does not know this, but the amount by which it is wrong will depend on the base duration of the weapon, which the DPS calculation uses, but ground slam does not.

So you are practically saying highest base damage weapon is best in terms of DPS with ground slam, regardless of speed? For example Piledriver (50 lvl, 120-223 damage, 0.95 speed) outperforms Meatgrinder (58 lvl, 143-198 damage, 1,1 speed).
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Their average damage is almost identical.
Is Slam affected by AOE passives?
I've heard gems do but what about passives, also about the powercharge passive which states "per charge for SPELLS".
ign PhysicalActivity
"
wildjesus wrote:
Is Slam affected by AOE passives?
I've heard gems do but what about passives, also about the powercharge passive which states "per charge for SPELLS".
Yes, and yes. That passive is mislabeled, and should be fixed in 0.9.5, it applies to all skills

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info