Ground Slam

While duel wielding, the tool tip seems to show a average of both weapons damage, but only takes from the primary when actually dealing damage. I believe I'm seeing heavy strike rotate both weapons, this may be why it shows a average.

If I use a higher level mace, and a white Level 1 duel wielding, I can take 7+ ground slams with the low level maul as primary to kill mobs, while if I make the higher level one primary its one hitting them.

Just reporting the tool tip is not what is actually being used for DW GS, apologies if this is already known. (I imagine it is, but haven't seen any posts confirmed that, just that the attack speed tool tip is not accurate)

edit: spelling.
Last edited by Drystion on Jan 14, 2013, 4:34:56 PM
Does elemental damage works with GS as in terms of stun mechanics.
stun works based on difference between damage dealt and receiver's max hp. a spell can stun if it was strong enough, but thats extremely difficult. but only attacks get benefit from passives for stunning, that includes elemental damage.

however don't think you need to add elemental damage if you grabbed "some" nodes or support gem for stunning. ground slam itself is +35% threshold. threshold means hit foes have that much less hp to deal with for stun calculation.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
stun works based on difference between damage dealt and receiver's max hp. a spell can stun if it was strong enough, but thats extremely difficult. but only attacks get benefit from passives for stunning, that includes elemental damage.

however don't think you need to add elemental damage if you grabbed "some" nodes or support gem for stunning. ground slam itself is +35% threshold. threshold means hit foes have that much less hp to deal with for stun calculation.

I guess am I right to say that making gs link with added fire & wep with elemental aura might be even better just stacking physical damage alone.

Thanks for the replied.
well ground slam has a 70% damage modifier, the elemental weapons support almost cansels that out
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
well ground slam has a 70% damage modifier, the elemental weapons support almost cansels that out

I see, what about increase AoE nodes/gems, I understand gs AoE is like a cone but how does it affect gs?

Does it only increase the width of gs?

i was waiting for someone to ask this, i actually grabbed some free to use industrial software to see perfect 3-d cone model shapes. ground slam's width at furthest point is equal to the furthest distance it can reach. of base = height, a perfect cone.

simply increasing radius will increase distance and left and right but doesn't change shape, doesn't get wider closer to you.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
i was waiting for someone to ask this, i actually grabbed some free to use industrial software to see perfect 3-d cone model shapes. ground slam's width at furthest point is equal to the furthest distance it can reach. of base = height, a perfect cone.

simply increasing radius will increase distance and left and right but doesn't change shape, doesn't get wider closer to you.

Ah....I see, so that simply means increase or decrease AoE has more impact on circle type then cone type, which also means concentrated effect on gs will make it looks like a linear attack much like an arrow that pierces which also means concentrated effect is more effective on cone type.

Aren't am right?

con effect will make it shorter, thus harder to hit many things.
increased area of effect makes it longer.
both keeps same shape. wideness is mostly at furthest point.
Just tested it with both Concentrated effect & increase AoE gem.

More impact on it's Width than it's Length.
Last edited by heatzz on Jan 17, 2013, 3:01:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info