Ground Slam

is it just me or does ground slam no longer refill flask charges?
Steam:Gonejah
"
nugstash wrote:
is it just me or does ground slam no longer refill flask charges?
Works fine for me
does ground slam have any physical damage? say i get a ring that gives me back 2% of my damage dealt through physical damage, would i leech life if i use ground slam?
GS deals weapon damage; it's an Attack after all. If your weapon deals Physical damage (it does), you will Leech. Do note that very early into the game, 2% Leech is going to be pretty valueless. 2% of 30 damage is not a lot :P It'll ramp up alongside your weapon though, and Leech becomes very powerful fairly quickly.
Pretty neat skill but I really can't stand the animation for it. I understand that one of the things in the shop is better visual effects but I think this effect's default visual should be greatly improved.
The penalty for ground slam duel wield is far far too much. I am doing 1/3rd the damage I use to have with a 2hander TEN LEVELS AGO, than I am right now with duel wielding. On top of that, I have 2 ridiculously powerful weapons and much more offensive passives than I did with my old 2 hander. I understand ground slam should do "some" less damage with duel wielding, but right now its near useless.

In contrast, Cleave(which also has a damage penalty for duel wield) feels it has just the right amount of damage.

I love duel wielding, I love ground pound. I tried to make a build completely around the two. I am now level 69 with very high end gear, and the damage I am doing is just pathetic. I was doing far more damage when I was level 49 with a 2 hander and that's the honest truth.
Last edited by Tygerwoody on Jan 31, 2013, 10:49:11 PM
The ground slam special effect skill is bugged when you use it off a Cliff or a mountain. It doesn't disappear at the edge or slide down 3d like, any update on when this will be fixed maybe?

Edit: probably a bitch to fix it, but well worth it lol
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 31, 2013, 11:30:27 PM
"
Tygerwoody wrote:
The penalty for ground slam duel wield
Ground Slam doesn't have a penalty for dual wielding.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Tygerwoody wrote:
The penalty for ground slam duel wield
Ground Slam doesn't have a penalty for dual wielding.

I think what he meant was just the drawback of using a 1hander instead of a 2hander for this ability. There is no "penalty", but a 2hander just naturally does more dmg than a 1hander.

And since Ground Slam only uses your mainhand dmg, it's dmg is ultimatively the same with dual wield and 1hander+shield (maybe except for the 10% IAS?). As oposed to to Cleave, which also factors in your offhand dmg and thus compares much better to using a 2hander when dual wielding.

This quite probably may be working as designed. As a fellow dual wield Ground Slam user by heart, it is quite frustrating though.

Great work on that fantastic game btw!
Last edited by Twalrok on Feb 1, 2013, 2:51:53 AM
I understand groundslam was probably meant to be used with a 2 hander. I'm ok with having less damage than a 2 hander, but the fact is I can do the exact same damage with one 1 hander as I would with two one handers. Only difference between the two is I can have more defense with a shield. There is literally zero benefit of going duel wield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info