Ground Slam

Yes. All 'Increased' modifiers stack additively.
Do you guys think GS using 1H+Shield is viable?
"
Ursuk wrote:
Do you guys think GS using 1H+Shield is viable?

I'm trying with this build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY3uMUFCMz_ZIXz9USedS7w653fIv1I8ZLiftrKpyqXzZUea0L0E_WfPAGuSt3sFmnqmVcH1PfYBW

To tell you the truth it's bad.
Damage is too low and the skill mechanics combined with the graphical effect makes it a pain in the ass to use.

In fact, I actually use Leap Slam when monsters are near me, because it's more trustworthy then Ground Slam.

Using
"
jiussa wrote:
"
jiussa wrote:
I'm a bit irritated with the inability of GS to hit enemies directly to my left or right in front of me. It seems to be quite easy for enemies to bunch up on the left or right since they end up standing outside of the point of the GS cone. This forces me to re-position more often than I'd like. This doesn't really place a limit on the power of GS, it just makes it a bit more annoying to use.

An idea I had to fix this would be to move the point of the cone slightly behind the character. Another way of phrasing this is to chop the tip of the GS cone off. Not by very much, GS shouldn't turn into cleave or sweep, but just enough so that 1 enemy standing directly to your left or right is hit by GS. To compensate for this the radius of the cone could be made a bit shorter.

What does everyone think?

To illustrate what I mean (the red circle is the player):

The current Ground Slam:

Proposed new Ground Slam:

You can see that just by chopping the tip off the range of GS has been shortened, providing a downside to offset the ability to hit more enemies closer to you.

I really liked your illustrations. To take it a step further in a direction I'd really like to see, I made the following graphic. Not only do I want ground slam to slightly increase its width at the point of impact, but why not add a small radius at the impact that covers a small circle around his front, as at right:
Ground Slam animation doesn't follow the ground pathing.

For example you can ground slam into the air next to a Cliff

When terrain pathing as an Angle of lets say 30degree ; Ground slam hit THREW it.

Ground Slam animation should always follow the map 3D.

Sorry i'm french i tried to explain the issue as well as i can :)

-------------------

Awesome work on that game by the way, keep on the good work! :D
I believe I've discovered a fairly significant issue regarding the character sheet display of attack speed and dps while dual-wielding and using Ground Slam. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/164789
GREENS vs. REDS: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/page/246#p811501
The Prisoner's Dilemma: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/page/262#p813428
Lethal_papercut's discussion with Chris: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/page/235#p806542
The same bug is apparent when using 2 handers. I have 24% increased attack speed from talents yet the character sheet only displays 12%. Furthermore, a 54% faster attacks only shows as 48%. Since these are all additive, I assume the disparity is from a tooltip error.

I would love it if the radius value for Ground Slam were made known. (And all of the other AoE skills' radius values.. but for right now GS will suffice.) TYVM
"
Twalrok wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Tygerwoody wrote:
The penalty for ground slam duel wield
Ground Slam doesn't have a penalty for dual wielding.

I think what he meant was just the drawback of using a 1hander instead of a 2hander for this ability. There is no "penalty", but a 2hander just naturally does more dmg than a 1hander.

And since Ground Slam only uses your mainhand dmg, it's dmg is ultimatively the same with dual wield and 1hander+shield (maybe except for the 10% IAS?). As oposed to to Cleave, which also factors in your offhand dmg and thus compares much better to using a 2hander when dual wielding.

This quite probably may be working as designed. As a fellow dual wield Ground Slam user by heart, it is quite frustrating though.

Great work on that fantastic game btw!

This^

Ground Slam vs Cleave while dual wielding is not even a contest. A bigger issue comes in when you're using Maces or Hammers. I'm currently dual wielding hammers that have really good dps, but I can't use them because Ground Slam is just meh by not incorporating BOTH weapons.

If the concern is the Stun threshold - then impose a penalty same as Cleave:

Ground Slam: Pound the ground creating a massive force wave that gravitates in a forward cone area (If Dual Wielding both weapons are used but suffer a 30% DAMAGE and 25% increased STUN THRESHOLD penalty)

If this isn't feasible then I see no reason why Hammers and Maces can't use Cleave. Ground Slam is just not cool for Dual Wielding hammer users I honestly don't understand why both weapons aren't taken into consideration or where the issue would come into play???
Also the skill using 'feedback' on the ground slam could use some improvement as the current feedback does not feel much of anything when using the skill.

Here is a little comparison what I should be feeling and how it feels like:

When using ground slam this is how I feel it should feel like:

How it actually gives usage feedback when used:

I know the game is still in beta, however some of the skills (ie heavy strike as well) could use some animation love and polishing :)

- T

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info