Are you finding Divination cards useful or fun?

Like any other drop in this game i see them as a bonus to base currencie income.
Div cards are fun at all and well designed.
Hf :)
Well 100% chance for a six link astral plate within a few hours. useful or not?
Waste of stash space and farming time to me.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Waste of stash space and farming time to me.

don't you like rewards?

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
No point in farming rare cards, drop rate is too low. It's faster to just farm maps and buy the item directly.

No point in farming common cards either. What's that, 8 cards for chaos orb? I'll just do a few maps and find that chaos orb on my own + lots of other stuff.

For me it's just additional loot, like whatever. If I collect a full set then I'll trade it for some transmutes (yay Emperor's Luck) or a worthless unique. If card is rare then someone will eventually buy it.

Also having 5 or 6 different divination cards for chaos orb is pretty silly.
"
dspair wrote:
No point in farming rare cards, drop rate is too low. It's faster to just farm maps and buy the item directly.

maps are not designed for players who make it to maps in 20 hours playtime.

like the atziri shards you find in corrupted zones they serve as little rewards you collect on your way up and which you can trade for other stuff if you got stuck at some point and lack the motivation to beat the game the normal way.

"
dspair wrote:
Also having 5 or 6 different divination cards for chaos orb is pretty silly.

it's not silly from the game point of view.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Tr3Angel wrote:

"a few hours"

wat.
I laugh everytime I see a chaos orb card, because somehow someone paid $1100 to make it.
"
Tr3Angel wrote:

I think you'd have to be phenomenally lucky or else your idea of a few hours is vastly different from mine.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm fairly satisfied actually. Have been farming Fellshrine for almost a week now and have found 4/6 of the Celestial Justicar cards. I'm hoping maybe sometime next week I'll complete the set and I'll finally have my first 6L non-tabula armor. That's not bad considering several months of play (even a couple years for some people) vs maybe a few weeks with the cards.

Also during my farming expedition so far I've found one exalt, two divines, a couple regals several chaos and 9 The Union cards, not to mention doing chaos recipes. So it's not like I'm giving up other loot opportunities to go farming.

What I do find a little disappointing though is in order to prevent getting a level penalty for the drops I have to suicide my guy a LOT. He's holding at level 62 and is up about 450 deaths. Obviously, HC folks will be at a disadvantage when it comes to card farming. Of course you could always round up several hundred graveyard maps, lol

Edit ---> I checked my played time and it looks like I'm around 26 hours farming Fellshrine so far. So at the moment I'm averaging about 6.5 hours per CJ card.
"

Have been farming Fellshrine for almost a week now and have found 4/6 of the Celestial Justicar cards. I'm hoping maybe sometime next week I'll complete the set

Also during my farming expedition so far I've found one exalt, two divines, a couple regals several chaos and 9 The Union cards, not to mention doing chaos recipes. So it's not like I'm giving up other loot opportunities to go farming.

I have to suicide my guy a LOT. He's holding at level 62 and is up about 450 deaths. Obviously, HC folks will be at a disadvantage ...

exploiting the system by brute force attempts ... usefuel or not ?

thats what I hate about these (free to play) grind mechanics,
they are made so even if u waste 24/7 hours with farming,
u simply cant get something that would justify it in the end ...

I dont plan to tap the black-real-cash-market of this game,
so for me it simply ends at the point the grind becomes unbearable

the point when their is zero challenge and only the hope for a drop

^^
What is the Matrix? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XDNGBTsi5U

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info