Are you finding Divination cards useful or fun?

The scholar cards are great. I just run museum maps when I'm out of wisdom scrolls because I'm too lazy to pick them up normally =P
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
people who want to create cards = easy money

all the divination cards do is clutter trade chat up even MORE (auction house now!) and (force persuade) convince people to buy more stash tabs. also very hard to reach goal for challenges (expect this challenge to be back next season... yay...).
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Tangent - is there a concept of 'soulbound' in POE? I know some items (pyramid apex key in Act2) can't be traded or even go into inventory. But this isn't the same thing...
There are too many chaos ones. It's odd people spent all that money just for a chaos recipe. I find Rain of Chaos funny because it's 9 cards for ONE chaos. Seems more of a chaos drought than a rain.

I do like the super rare cards like The Doctor and Avenger.
"
GGG wrote:
Divination Cards allow players to systematically work their way to the acquisition of desirable items, without having to rely on random chance alone.

GGG's own words from the Divination Card teaser page, for all those claiming the players' expectations were their own fault. 100+ runs without a drop is not "systematic" (I'm looking at you Dried Lake). Increasing the drop rate along with the number of cards required to complete some of the high end sets would go a long way to easing players' displeasure with the Divination Card mechanic. There's just no sense of progression.

Right now there's literally no difference between trying to farm/trade for 8 Brittle Emperors or farm/trade the 20 exalted to buy a Voll's, so what purpose do the cards serve besides having put $1100 in GGG's pocket? In many cases (Carrion Crow, Scholar, Jack post-nerf, every Chaos card, etc.), it's actually easier/quicker/cheaper just to farm/craft the item than the card.
the only good ones in my opinion are the gambler, emperors luck, jack in the box and time-lost relic

all others are just "meh, i can just run maps and get a: currency for the cards or b: currency for the item" which isnt what divination cards should be.
I like them quite a bit. I don't trade and am unlikely to grind game areas over and over again so a lot of them are going to take a while to add up. I think it is cool to have drops over several sessions or even several characters add up to something. Just another little way to make progress.

The art is cool and it is fun to share new ones in my guild chat. Even with the loot filter nearly everything I pick up gets vendored. The cards are a nice little change from that. Not a huge addition to my gameplay but it broadens the scope of possibilities just enough to add some fun for me.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Totally trolled by Carrion Crow:

I would like to apologize first hand to everyone in this thread for making such a garbage card ("The Wrath" - 10c)...
I think the art is phenomenal and the Div card concept is cool. Fun? Sure; why not? They're only useful when you're farming the poe.xyz zone, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info