Elemental Hit

When linked with LMP/GMP, are all the projectiles fired at the same time based on the same element, or is it possible to fire once and have the multiple projectiles be an assorted Fire/Cold/Lightning elements?

I think I read something that Chain counts as a new projectile or something, so the similar question applies, can one arrow be fired as Cold damage and Chain as something else? Or will that projectile always be Cold based?
Even one projectile isn't always the same element. Each hit adds a different random element. If a projectile pierces, or chains, or forks, through multiple enemies, each hit rolls an element independently of any other hits.
Had one of these, was gonna try it out on a new character.
But with this skill not being affected by Elemental Damage or Weapon Elemental Damage. This just seems like a straight up garbage skill.
um... it IS affected by elemental and weapon elemental boosts...
@Special Snowflake: Note that the skill lists base damage. The tooltip won't reflect increases in (Weapon) Elemental damage, because then it wouldn't be the base damage. I presume EH lists base damage due to engine limitations with the random factor.
Okay, I suppose that could make it worthwhile.
But still, you're relying on a skill which you have no real idea what kind of dps it deals.
No way to compare it to other skills. No way to compare good damage weapon to fast weapon.

Still leaning towards this skill just being horrible.
"
Okay, I suppose that could make it worthwhile.
But still, you're relying on a skill which you have no real idea what kind of dps it deals.
No way to compare it to other skills. No way to compare good damage weapon to fast weapon.

Still leaning towards this skill just being horrible.

Just take all the damage values and average them? This will give you DPS, DPS is after all just an averaged calculations of all applyable values.

If you have a ton of lightning mods on your weapons, chances are you also never really know what kind of dmg you'll do per hit because lightning damage range is so crazy big. The DPS shown is an average value, but you will sometimes hit for way less and sometimes hit for way more. It's not really any different than calculating the average of Elemental Hit, assuming each element has an equal chance to proc(which I believe it has).
I'd actually be fine if they were to list all 3 different dps values for the skill, however clunky that may be. Right now the only real way to calculate the DPS values is via the use of Wrath/Anger, dividing the base damage shown in EH according to the base value of dps added by the 2 auras.

Like for example, your dps shown on EH is 1000, and your anger aura gives you 20-50 fire damage, which translates to 150 dps. EH lists 100-230 fire damage on lvl x. So EH fire attack's DPS would in theory be [(100-230)/(20-50)]*150 + 1000. That is quite an excessive effort put forth just to estimate how much dps it would deal, compared to every other skill, basically.
Mods, would you PLS make some visual effects on this skill.. there is atm no way to visually separate this skill from split arrow.
May i propose converting the projectile to a Coneshaped projectile that looks like a burning icecone with lightningeffects maybe?

And on melee attacks you could make the weapon flash in the three elements when u strike with it.

Just a little more lighting effects on the skill so to speak :)

Edit: oh, and pls fix the dpstooltip of this skill.. it could calculate in all damage and show a dps like 500-580dps(depending on element) for example.
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Mar 1, 2013, 1:47:31 AM
Elemental hit would sell well in the alternate skill effects store I'm quite sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info