The new mapping system worked.

which top player can best exploit the current meta's most broken builds... racing/ladder rankings in a nutshell.
"
EzBreesy wrote:
"
This is ridiculous even by you so hold on let me get this straight, It worked because ONE single guy who has MORE time then even myself and resources be it from trade / donations / fans etc.

Means the mapping system is fine? Am I seeing this right like that is not fine.

OP must be a dev, or completly retarded or trolling at this point. How can you say a system is fine when you need to pay with real moneyand the game is free to play.

You've misunderstood the point he's making.

He is not making a personal assessment here. He's not saying that it it's fine or not fine by his personal standards.

He has presented that GGG has in fact done what THEY set out to do. *Team Etup* reached the mark, as they would have regardless. However, the road to get there included a bumpier ride.

GGG wants 100 to be a nearly insurmountable task. The OP didn't say whether this is good or bad.

*(I say 'Team' Etup because contrary to what some have said in this thread, it is NOT just one person. Etup is comprised of MANY stream followers, boosters, bro-deal providers, the list goes on.)

"
"
spawn10459 wrote:
This new map system does not work. I am now level 83 and i have yet to get a map with a level above 72.

Yeah and you can still get decent XP at level 83 with a 72 map.

Yeah, isn't it easier now to level up in regards to XP accumulation?
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
I'm chiseling and alching maps and my map drops are just fine.
IGN:WitchSummonerz
"
fid1 wrote:
I'm chiseling and alching maps and my map drops are just fine.

Meanwhile, me and many others are doing the same, and get no drops at all. Funny, isn't it?
Meh...I don't know if the mapping system is right or wrong...

What I do know is that mapping feels "less accessible" at high-levels.

Imo, this game already has PLENTY of things that make it more "hardcore/grindy" and less accessible: Crazy Skill tree, no free respecs unless a patch, shop/trade setup, etc.

Mapping was the one thing that I felt "regular" players of this game could hold sacred...but alas these changes have made it to only the few will see progression past 85.

If that was the goal...then wahoo...GREAT SUCCESS!! they hit it on the spot.

Personally, I feel that if they made this game a bit more fluid in progression then they could easily double their player base.

Step 6 in natural player progression feels somewhat unnatural to me:

1) Start in normal, get drops to make it through. Focus on defensive nodes in tree
2) Start in cruel, make some adjustments for resistances. Buy only really cheap gear if you need it. If you can get buy on self found that don't buy anything! hoard currency! Focus on defensive nodes in tree, think about offensive nodes.
3) Start in merciless. Make a LOT of adjustments on gear for defense (resistances/armor ,etc). Start thinking about what uniques out there in the world of poe.trade that will help your build. Start speccing some offensive nodes. Makes sure all of your "major" key nodes are accessible to you in your progression
4) End of merciless: DPS is good. Gear seems to be coming together. Start mapping. Focus on key node progression and more DPS (assuming survivability is not suffering). Start to integrate Uniques into your build.
5) Low level mapping: Get currency, focus on speed and efficiency. Perfect your build.
6) Now...to test the build I've worked all this time for >>>> RNG GATED CONTENT PRAY FOR MAP PROGRESSION.

Last edited by Prizy on Jul 28, 2015, 3:42:44 PM
"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I dont think people are really understanding what Boem is saying in his original post tbh. Hes looking at what sort of maps he had to roll etc, and hes right.

Personally I think it is a good thing, people should be rewarded for rolling hard maps. Good imo, I like it.

not that Boem was saying its a good thing, just that it is a thing and its a thing they were aiming for. It worked, whatever your opinion on it is, if its a good or bad, it was intended and worked.

Heh... ya think?

Ya maybe just a little.

Hello Boem.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Oh sure, now if only there would be a system of fucking compensation for all those fucking high level maps I've lost to their stupid bugs and instance crashes.

Unexpected Disconnection my ass. Funny how it only ever seems to affect me when I get a map that's above 76, a rare event that could be likened to seeing a fucking unicorn.
IGN: HowDoIShotBows
I agree boem GGG has made it so that people must run harder maps if they want to see any kind of return. Watching Etups stream I saw a couple of top 20 ladder guys rip while running maps with him.

I think the community needs to get used to the fact that those who abuse every thing they can in the game will always be able to find a way to succeed. While those who can not or choose not to abuse everything they can will be stuck running lvl 74 maps.

IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
innervation wrote:

That sounds like something a console/mobile dev might say but it really doesn't apply here. In a game where the devs keep pushing out substantial new content at regular intervals - all while changing the rules and mechanics of the game - that's still very much the developers game.

Starcraft 1/2 - those are player's games. The players dictate most aspects of the content once the game is released.

FYI - the quote was from an MMO developer. The developer was not against changes - even sweeping ones - but was saying that making changes from a place of ego (i.e. 'how dare you get to 100 so quick in my hard game') can result in some significant problems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info