The new mapping system worked.

I haven't touched my old 77-78 maps stash since 2.0 (I intend to, like to build things up from scratch). The result so far is not good at all, you can see here all the late game map I have picked up ( I consider everything over lvl 77 is late game)

I'm mapping with two chars: One shockwave totem MF with 97 IIQ/ 187 IIR and one DPS 2h sweep 16 IIQ/ 37 IIR. It seems so pointless to aim for higher MF stats and good roll maps if you're looking for 80s. I got mostly 71 72 73 75 all the time. Wonder how long would it take for me to see a 82 (guess it'll never happen).
"
glh5 wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:
New mapping system Worked !

Ive stopped doing maps, bcoz content is too easy and harder one is gated by 1 ex per map. Sorry not gonna RMT for f2p game.

But fear not! International V will keep me bussy till so many quit - ggg will be forced to change this retarded meta...

You're playing in standard league lol... the game is definitely not too easy for you yet. Try playing with the big boys in tempest.

My cycloner 87 is from previous hc temp league. Your argument is invalid.

ps. Cyclone still facerolls everything.

ps2. I find it boring to play hc...

ps3. League preference shouldnt matter...

ps4. 6Ls for everybody. Corrupted tempest incoming... so hard.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Aug 1, 2015, 4:58:06 PM
"
stdcall wrote:
I have no idea why would anyone think it worked
I mean, in terms of drops it is really good - I actually get some uniques now (most are trash but the hype is real anyway) and 2-5 inventories of rares from a map

But...
In 2.0 I HAVE TO run easier maps than I did in 1.3 because of 20\40\60 system
Also trying to get high rolls on a map seems so much pointless. I run a unid rare map with 120 iiq and often it drops less and lower maps than an alch'd map with 60 iiq. Of course rng is rng but still high rolled maps feel too unrewarding for me for the currency it requires to roll them. Most of the time you not only not get your currency back, you don't even get a single higher level map

This is my experience as well. I am currently doing level 73 maps at character level 85 and it is way too easy no matter what mods the map has. I really do want the challenge but it's nowhere to be seen at the moment.

It seems to me, though, that the change in the map system is in the right direction in that we have to roll harder maps in order to progress. I'd rather do less level 78 maps more carefully than more level 73 maps without challenge, so I'd like to see +1 level maps drop a bit more frequently when a map is rolled with harder/more mods.
93 now, still nothing higher then 78s. And thats with chiseling, packsize, 100 quant and magic/rare monsters on every map. (usually stuck on 74s, that gives 1% of my exp/lvl) Pointless...
Actually i've posted a complaint above about they nerfing it during the league, and some people are saying that the nerf is since 2.0.0. But in fact i think that after 2.0.1 they kind of nerfed the map drops even more. Can anyone confirm that? That was the reason for my complaint. Since they do not post in changelogs some of the drop chances adjustments i think that is reasonable to ask that. For 3 days now the drops seems to have worsened for me even for the yellow maps. Is it only for me or anyone else also noticed that?
"
Zhatan wrote:
93 now, still nothing higher then 78s. And thats with chiseling, packsize, 100 quant and magic/rare monsters on every map. (usually stuck on 74s, that gives 1% of my exp/lvl) Pointless...

Did you notice it getting even worse after 2.0.1?
The new map system is okay but the drop rate of higher maps is horrible.

I don't know why they nerf this stuff based on a few streamers.
Standard shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911509
 Boem must be drinking the GGG Coolaid if he thinks mapping drop mechanics as GGG has implemented it in PoE 2.0 is a good change. While it can be said that GGG has achieved their map change objective, most of us have to wonder just what the H the GGG devs are thinking. Since most of us have never ever gotten a build anywhere close to level 100 with the old mapping system, why in the world did GGG think that it needed to be made harder to find higher level maps. And at the same time make the lower level maps more difficult and take longer and thus the net result is less xp for hours played. What kind of backword-ass logic is that.

So new mapping system is working as intended. Ok, my refusal to buy anything is working as intended too. How does GGG justify that at the end of the day? If GGG constantly bites the hands that feed them, where's the good in that?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 Boem must be drinking the GGG Coolaid if he thinks mapping drop mechanics as GGG has implemented it in PoE 2.0 is a good change. While it can be said that GGG has achieved their map change objective, most of us have to wonder just what the H the GGG devs are thinking. Since most of us have never ever gotten a build anywhere close to level 100 with the old mapping system, why in the world did GGG think that it needed to be made harder to find higher level maps. And at the same time make the lower level maps more difficult and take longer and thus the net result is less xp for hours played. What kind of backword-ass logic is that.

So new mapping system is working as intended. Ok, my refusal to buy anything is working as intended too. How does GGG justify that at the end of the day? If GGG constantly bites the hands that feed them, where's the good in that?

The new map system encourages player's to roll hard maps. The old one did not. While tweaks are expected, overall this a positive change and one that was badly needed.
I dont think ive read a single comment complaining about having to roll hard maps to advance, read a lot of complaints about running those maps and being stuck in 72-74 mapland forever. Heck running one out of four maps that was decent would be a nice change of pace.
Last edited by Fhark on Aug 2, 2015, 2:25:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info