The new mapping system worked.

This is ridiculous even by you so hold on let me get this straight, It worked because ONE single guy who has MORE time then even myself and resources be it from trade / donations / fans etc.

Means the mapping system is fine? Am I seeing this right like that is not fine.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
tinko92 wrote:
Because balancing map drops according to the guy that has "infinitive" resources is a success.

I tryed dude, to me it seems impossible to stabile past a certain lvl, I know for sure that you can reliably sustain a 76+ pool for example, but it will fluctuate and do not start no chiseling things past that point, you may pay it. Depending on your clearspeed you may see lvl81-82 maps once in a while but these are crazy rare. You have more chances having a +1 lvl map through vaaling than looting in a 150/30+ % qty/packsize.
Last edited by galuf on Jul 27, 2015, 4:40:01 PM
"
This is ridiculous even by you so hold on let me get this straight, It worked because ONE single guy who has MORE time then even myself and resources be it from trade / donations / fans etc.

Read my post, twice if needed.

It worked because on average the community is rolling harder maps in higher content
--> pushing the difficulty up in higher tier play

Which was one of the intentions, if not the core intention of the change.

It required more currency and overall time investment.

Again this was a targeted goal.

This is not about you agreeing with those core principles, it is simply saying that GGG attained there intended goals, irrelevant of personal feelings around the subject.

- they wanted lvl 100 to be harder to attain = it worked
- they wanted high level content to be rolled harder by the community = it worked

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Sounds about right.. As a sample size, lets just take the best player in the league, see how map changes applied to him, and then assume its right for the masses. Well done.

implying PoE is aimed at the masses or should?

Well done.

This post has nothing to do with "the masses" it's an observation that GGG attained there targeted goal when it comes to maps. Personal feelings on the situation are irrelevant to that.

Peace,

-Boem-

What's irrelevant is your analysis. Your sample size is one guy. Who also happens to have won first place in the race to lvl 100 in the new leagues.

Try again plz,

-Wretch-
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"

Boem is part of what I like to call "The never right crew" along with Dirk and John. It is astounding that they are never correct on any issue given how much they post, but it is written all over the PoE forums for everyone to see.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Jul 27, 2015, 5:25:47 PM
He's right. Minus the players who quit in disgust because they won't put up witch the change, those who remain will, on average, roll harder maps and level slower as a result.

Me, I'll continue to alch&go as always because I'm a rebel like that.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
He's right. Minus the players who quit in disgust because they won't put up witch the change, those who remain will, on average, roll harder maps and level slower as a result.

Alch and go = number 1 strat 4 life. Who cares about clear speed or leveling time? It is all about minimizing currency spent on rolling maps and maximizing profits from said maps.

$__$
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
TheWretch wrote:

What's irrelevant is your analysis. Your sample size is one guy. Who also happens to have won first place in the race to lvl 100 in the new leagues.

Try again plz,

-Wretch-

Implying you can't comprehend Etup is a front for a much larger group working towards a similar goal.

Ok, got it.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

"

Boem is part of what I like to call "The never right crew" along with Dirk and John. It is astounding that they are never correct on any issue given how much they post, but it is written all over the PoE forums for everyone to see.

Except that, i am right and I_NO not liking the implication of that fact is not the same as bringing a relevant argument to the table.

But of course you know that, you have a similar approach to a discussion. As was apparent from your participation in the whole "AA is rekt and doomed" thing.

Stating something is not the same as saying you agree with something.

GGG's approach had the out-come they where aiming for. Now is that out-come desired? Many don't think so.

Is that somehow relevant to this thread, not really, but feel free to disagree and voice your opinion.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jul 27, 2015, 5:33:41 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

Try again plz,

-Wretch-

Implying you can't comprehend Etup is a front for a much larger group working towards a similar goal.

Ok, got it.

Peace,

-Boem-

Please don't devolve into personal insults. Your analysis was weak at best. Using that as a springboard to declare that the change to maps works as intended and is good for the game is still highly debatable. It's presumptuous of you to claim as such and is not supported by any overreaching stats other than one guy's achievement.

Sry Boem

-The Truth-
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 27, 2015, 5:33:26 PM
"
"
holocaustus wrote:

Alch and go = number 1 strat 4 life. Who cares about clear speed or leveling time? It is all about minimizing currency spent on rolling maps and maximizing profits from said maps.

$__$

Word. Except Temp Chains. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info