The new mapping system worked.

"
jconaspree wrote:
The map system has failed. Many people are stuck running 73s all day because they can't even get into mid tier maps to be challenged.

If you are only getting level 73 maps, can't you just use the map recipe to get higher ones? Ya know, trade 3 73's in for a level 74 map?..... I'm surprised more people don't do this to get higher level maps.....I think the 3 map vendor recipe works for any map too
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
jconaspree wrote:
The map system has failed. Many people are stuck running 73s all day because they can't even get into mid tier maps to be challenged.

If you are only getting level 73 maps, can't you just use the map recipe to get higher ones? Ya know, trade 3 73's in for a level 74 map?..... I'm surprised more people don't do this to get higher level maps.....I think the 3 map vendor recipe works for any map too

Anyone doing this is a total [Removed by Support]since you can sell the maps on poe.trade and buy a higher one for less then the cost of 3 maps.
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Aug 3, 2015, 10:02:54 PM
"
Zhatan wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
jconaspree wrote:

Anyone doing this is a total retard since you can sell the maps on poe.trade and buy a higher one for less then the cost of 3 maps.

then there's absolutely zero reason for people to complain about not having higher level maps then.
Nice drama. Keep going.
So what your saying is on a lvl 76 map you should chisel (just over 1c) run with sac pieces (3c for 3 last i checked) of course alc and chaos for high roll so i dunno being generous (3c often more) and then run with a zana mod (8-10c) so 15-18c to get a high level map hopefully back in return. So the map might last 15min tops which would be approx 60c an hour to play the game at a higher levels of maps, sure nothing to complain about there.
Last edited by Fhark on Jul 31, 2015, 10:30:57 PM
I have no idea why would anyone think it worked
I mean, in terms of drops it is really good - I actually get some uniques now (most are trash but the hype is real anyway) and 2-5 inventories of rares from a map

But...
In 2.0 I HAVE TO run easier maps than I did in 1.3 because of 20\40\60 system
Also trying to get high rolls on a map seems so much pointless. I run a unid rare map with 120 iiq and often it drops less and lower maps than an alch'd map with 60 iiq. Of course rng is rng but still high rolled maps feel too unrewarding for me for the currency it requires to roll them. Most of the time you not only not get your currency back, you don't even get a single higher level map
Last edited by stdcall on Jul 31, 2015, 10:46:34 PM
^^ This... Maps suck now.. Very rarely do I see a higher level map then what I run.. 3 weeks now.. Use to b hrs of fun for me.. I have a lvl 86 and 92 char..... And I am casual:)
Everything about this game is amazing except this map system.

I'm new to this game and don't fully understand the map system mechanism at beginning,so I run high level maps without chisel and alch them.But later,I realize its 10x harder to get a high level map than get a chaos stone.But its too late,I'm now playing boring 68-72 maps for 1%exp per map without getting high level maps.I think if I want to have the equal right to enjoy end-game contents as other players does,I have to buy maps from other players.

I understand chisel and alch even chaos maps is a way to collect currency,I am ok with that.But first I have to get a high level map so I could do that.This is what Im doing now,spend 20mins to scan the poe.trade to buy cheap high level maps and spend 40mins play the game.

This is really a very bad experience for me as a new player.
I cant get high level maps from the system but from players,this makes me feel like im limited to the game content.Before this,I feel everything is smooth,really enjoy,but now i fell stuck at somewhere, really annoying.

Last edited by samaelxl on Aug 1, 2015, 2:16:49 AM
This new system is horrible. Leveling is now horrible. Having fun in high level maps is now stuff for the lucky and rich. Plus, they did it again, benefitting whoever played the season countless hours a day since its day one, and now , whoever comes late, its screwed up by a bad economy and harder time having fun and leveling.

PoE lost me for like 3 times before and i was not able to become too drawn to the game as to become a full fledge supporter. I think this change to maps is what is going to repel me for the 4th time. :(
Last edited by barathustra on Aug 1, 2015, 4:09:02 PM
So how is reducing the not-so-good drop rates for maps from 1.3 in 2.0 an improvement? I am constantly running high quantity/high danger maps and sometimes not even low-level maps drop. Are we supposed to reach lvl 90 doing mainly 71-72 maps with the occasional lvl 74 map thrown in there?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info