The new mapping system worked.

"
barathustra wrote:
"
Zhatan wrote:
93 now, still nothing higher then 78s. And thats with chiseling, packsize, 100 quant and magic/rare monsters on every map. (usually stuck on 74s, that gives 1% of my exp/lvl) Pointless...

Did you notice it getting even worse after 2.0.1?

No, its been the same ever since I got up to 74, stuck and that with some dips up to my now 5x lv78 maps that gave nothing. (actually got 69maps from the 78 boss)..
"
Boem wrote:
If we look at Etup as a prime example, i think it is fair to assume the changes to the mapping system work.

Now why would i come to this conclusion when most people seem to assume the opposite based on the performance he made.

Do you really hear most people claiming that changes to the mapping system don't work (in favor of GGG's goals) based on Etup's performance? I certainly don't because 1) most people don't care about Etup or even know who he is and 2) it's been painfully obvious that GGG has successfully made maps more dangerous and map pools harder to sustain.

"
It would be helpful if his community could weigh in if my assumptions are accurate, but based on personal mapping experience and that of mates playing the game, i think my assumption that it required a
"combined increased effort" compared to the earlier mapping system is accurate.

So in short, GGG's intentions seemed to have payed off.

I don't understand the point of this thread. I think it's clear that "GGG's intentions seemed to have paid off", assuming the intentions were to make it more difficult to reach level 100. The concern should be if people are going to stick around with the map changes.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Aug 2, 2015, 9:08:03 AM
And the highest map I got from my Lv8 Zana since the awakening has been Lv74... most of the time Lv73... Is this nerf really necessary? Since maps go up to lv80+ nowdays what's wrong with Zana having a chance to give out some Lv76 maps like before?

Not everyone is a streamer and gets free map carried by fans!!!
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
risk and reward is still broken

rolling rippy maps was not rewarding back then

it's still not rewarding now

we all know it's 'trade or be left behind'
So as a final post in this miserable thread.

This thread was simply created to offer an alternative conclusion to the ones presented by people in this thread -->
Etup reached lvl 100 ins tempest O_O

People where drawing conclusions in there that because Etup reached lvl 100 in a similar time-frame as previous league's, the map system had failed and should either

a) be increased in difficulty
b) decreased in difficulty

What people where blatantly ignoring was the "road" and not the "destination". And by skewing there vision like this, they ended up grasping at straws to somehow validate there personal agenda of doing either of the aforementioned things to the mapping system in general.

But that's all irrelevant, this thread should have been moved to feedback after it reached page three since it got nicely derailed into a QQ map system is shit fest. Which i aimed to prevent, but hell since i was put on probation all i could do is watch the whinging evolve and unfold.

I am happy at least a few people in this community actually perceived the OP for what it was, an observation on the road mapping presents currently.

A difficult road indeed. Nothing inherently bad with such a thing.

As a finishing observation, the following could be posed.

GGG has failed the community in the last two years and has finally adequately achieved what they set out to do.

That is to say, the current end-game adequately aims and achieves the difficulty GGG wanted to present in there end-game model. While the old models failed in that regard.

This creates understandable friction within the community, because they are conditioned with the old models in mind.(which where easier in comparison to the new model)

Another funny observation is that people consider themselves "casual" while still playing the end-game a game like PoE presents, i am sorry to say, the moment you play past the story content the game presents you with in three difficulty settings and join the "optional end-game content", no mater your hour investment, you are no longer a casual.

Be proud of that or not, but expect to be punished in the same fashion every player is punished for trying to climb that optional end-game content.

The game is designed around a top-end level of 85+- from my experience, anything past that is self inflicted punishment and GGG cannot be blamed for your willingness to partake in that punishment rodeo.

"But it's there" is not an argument, similar to how level 100 "is there". People should be sentient enough to be realistic with themselves and there desires/goals and then endure whatever is put up as a road block to fulfill those.

I don't expect many people to agree with me, since it most likely feels like an "attack" on there perceived notion of the game in it's entirety.

It's not an attack though. It's merely an observation.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info