The new mapping system worked.

Hello i'm playing mostly alone in Warbands level 92 atm and i havn't noticed so many problems with map drops.

Here is my actual map pool ( higher than 74 wich is really easy to maintain ).

6x75
4x76
5x77
3x78
1x79
2x80
1x81

Most of highest level map has been found in zana mission and a wild cartographer appeared wich was a really good surprise but not so good than in the older map drop system cause i really feel now they are dropping more.

My only regret is the whole cake is a freaking LIE.
Running harder content on map roll was supposed to drop more maps etc and blahblahblah this is totaly WRONG. I drop the same amount of map with or without investing currencies in map roll. ( based on 20 maps run 10 only transmuted and 10 chiseld + alched + vaaled )

Lets talk now about lower level map drops well .. got 52 drops ( including 6 from a cart box ) in 14x72 maps runs ( 3/4 minutes average ) mean even in the worse case ( map pool dead at 73 for example ) i could get it back to at least 74/75/76 in not even a day by using few map recipe and then run again ( 3x same map = one map higher level ).

Just keep going you will drop maps ! But don't expect it far better than before. It is but not as what much expect ( reading forums talking about that ).

Last thing i will add is i'm still pessimist ( since first day on ) about this endgame model. But well thats an other story and will finish in an other forum thread :)

To answer the question " playing in group is more rewarding and blahblahblah " obviously it is. in any MMO and PoE still a great one !

Have a good day and a good game ! :)

Crash.
Hf :)
"
davidnn5 wrote:
This... has been a fairly pointless thread.

But I'm reminded of something I read last night, from a successful developer:
"Sometimes, I think we forget that once the game is released, it's the community's game. Sometimes ego really can get in the way of games like these (online multiplayer) progressing as they should."

If GGG consider that Etup rolled harder maps to achieve his reward, one wonders if they consider the goal could be achieved any other way - like for example making maps more available but basing the exp reward on the map difficulty. Something to consider (and discard?), GGG.

PS Phaeded ... Keep up the good work. An intensive remedial class in apostrophes is also warranted, I feel.

That sounds like something a console/mobile dev might say but it really doesn't apply here. In a game where the devs keep pushing out substantial new content at regular intervals - all while changing the rules and mechanics of the game - that's still very much the developers game.

Starcraft 1/2 - those are player's games. The players dictate most aspects of the content once the game is released.
This is rediculous. Etup is a stremer with above average time to play. He also has streamer support in that he gets fed maps and items for nothing. He also gets the broest of bro deals on top gear.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
map system is not good returning player and I'm beginning to get bored of the game doing low level maps all the time.
You could just make mapping even harder but buff the drop rates of maps ;v So people can complain maps are hard and can't run them anyway.
"

GGG really needs to start thinking about their end game policies. Atm the walls we have, are purely arbitrary walls. The xp wall is nonsensesque and the grinding wall, well tbh I do not understand why some ppl get a 6L in 2 fuse and some 0 in 2K fuses(mb put some rng balance on fusing process, the more you fuse the more it is likely to 6L for example). PoE needs refining in lots of its aspects. The tags players put on this game to justify the unjustifiable is morbid sometimes. And don't tell me you do not need 6L, to perform well in lvl81+ maps, like not taking 20minutes to end a rolled one, yes you need a 6L lol.

You don't need 6L, in fact you don't even need 5Ls. I have 40K DPS burning arrow / 12K DPS GMP lighting arrow in Tempest on just 5L and can clear maps within minutes and my build is not even crit bow oriented! If you wanna know my build then message me. :_)
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
I am honestly considering quitting. Was having a lot of fun but I feel pretty stuck, rng or whatever, I don't really care, it isn't fun. Level 91 almost 92 repeatedly buying and losing maps. I know how to roll maps.

Furthermore, I am torn between saving currency and using it all in hopes of being able to move up.

But I need items... I need to 6l and I need a LC.

And to get currency I am forced to run shit maps at hyperspeed, which isn't fun at all.
Even though it has no statistical relevance because I only repeated it a few times, I am unable to sustain 68 maps with my 93 templar. (I rolled them magic only)

I do not even dare to use my map pool ive been collecting during the last patch.
This new map system does not work. I am now level 83 and i have yet to get a map with a level above 72.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I dont think people are really understanding what Boem is saying in his original post tbh. Hes looking at what sort of maps he had to roll etc, and hes right.

Personally I think it is a good thing, people should be rewarded for rolling hard maps. Good imo, I like it.

not that Boem was saying its a good thing, just that it is a thing and its a thing they were aiming for. It worked, whatever your opinion on it is, if its a good or bad, it was intended and worked.

Heh... ya think?

Ya maybe just a little.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info