[2.0]Violet Shock; a shockingly chaotic Voltaxic Rift build

"
naderni wrote:
While the big upside of this build is you dont need to worry about reflect ever, the very big downside of this is: you can not lower the enemy's chaos resistance and your damage is pure chaos. There is simply no such skill in game that lower the enemy's res.

All bow builds with chain and split arrow can clear screen of trash packs very easily that is no problem for any builds. Now what is really lack luster of our purple rain here is, single target with chaos resistance, ie, all late game map bosses.

With chaos res you can not shock boss reliably, even if you do the duration is so short it is not even noticeable. I have 55k dps pure chaos on my 6L frenzy, still feeling really slow against single target high chaos res boss. And I have basically no idea how to improve this.

Currently leveling, hoping by getting shock duration and shock chance on my jewel slots might make things better. But basically it is worse than even pure lightning damage since the existence of lightning penetration gem.

My gear

Just a reply I posted on the other similar thread just want to see if anyone has more insight on this.
That being said I actually enjoy this build, just with such a cool and rare unique I was expecting more:)
Trying this build, so far while leveling all i'm gonna say is that I'm happy to be somewhat experienced and prepared with bow builds... This build is somewhat deadly if you don't know what you're doing while leveling. As far as the problem with dex nodes, have you tried taking some extra socket nodes near str and putting in Fluid Motion to fill the gap?
For example, this one here is a nice and easy 60 extra dex

Another question would be:
"
Lightning arrow: LA-LGoH-WED-ALD-FA-GMP

Is this also the priority you've set? Because I'm kind of confused why you'd put GMP on the end. What would you recommend for a 5L? My best guess would be to remove FA in a 5L.
Last edited by Waswat on Aug 12, 2015, 10:22:24 PM
updated info/new tree/ gear/ jewels / added video
IGN inspectorgadgetz
Last edited by sclufzs on Aug 16, 2015, 12:29:59 PM
added another video.
IGN inspectorgadgetz
Just Curious you use Atziri's chest for resists? Or the Life on kill?
"
Dahhaka wrote:
Just Curious you use Atziri's chest for resists? Or the Life on kill?

i use it for all the stats, i am currently doing this build without the blood magic, i kill mobs with 2 hits so with this chest i regen the mana back to full , i have in total 150 life on kill, 56 life on hit, so it's pretty strong and yes the chest made me have to worry less about res on other items.
IGN inspectorgadgetz
What does ALD and SA stands for?
Last edited by Kiritsu on Aug 19, 2015, 12:28:39 PM
"
Kiritsu wrote:

Added lightning damage and split arrow respectively.
"
Waswat wrote:
"
Kiritsu wrote:

Added lightning damage and split arrow respectively.

Thanks mate
I'm just wondering, why take 18% increased Power Charge Duration node on the upper left of the passive tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info