[2.0]Violet Shock; a shockingly chaotic Voltaxic Rift build

"
Portable2901 wrote:
i actually dont understand why you have Wrath + Chain + LGOH + Empower, in your videos you dont use wrath and does it work ? and why you dont use CWDT ? I really like this build an im doing it atm but i kinda dont understand the Wrath combo.

Updated it and you are right, i have changed it, i was testing it for dps reasons
IGN inspectorgadgetz
updated my post a little bit, not sure how much more PoE I´ll play but will definitely freeze around there for quite some time.
Updated gear, added video.
IGN inspectorgadgetz
I'm pretty sure Conductivity doesn't work with Voltaxic Rift since the conversion takes place before resistances are accounted for. I'm not even sure if you get the shock bonus(since it's chance to shock on LIGHTNING damage), and even if you did, it wouldn't be a good curse anyhow. The best replacement is Assassin's Mark, even if the build doesn't go off of crit.

IIRC AM gives 11% flat crit chance at max, so you have the added benefit of dealing more damage on top of shocking the target. This has a compounded effect with the crit multi it gives and the chance on kill to get power charges. All this with life on kill as a cherry on top.

It also gives options for people to grab power charges on tree if they desire to mix crit in the build. Maybe even get some CoC discharge/vaal spark action, who knows.

Just throwing out ideas. The only reason not to take AM is if you go RT. Actually, you could take Projectile Weakness as well, since knockback and pierce actually benefit clear speed with LA, and the % projectile damage is great. So it's between those two. I like Assassin's Mark more.
IGN: Squid
Playing this on warbands atm since voltaxic is super cheap there and to be honest I have a few questions.

1: Was wondering if I could add a CWDT setup with IC and remove conductivity after we get voltaxic (since it becomes useless) and replace it with enfeeble? Would kind of help against hard hitting physical mobs.

On the same topic I'm not sure if the temporary reserved life would be worth it but maybe add arctic armor on there as well? Would reserve an other 13% when it triggers but im sure it would make up. Lose an other 300~ hp but get insane physical damage reduction with enfeeble on top of it.

2: For a chest would Belly of the beast work as well? would be a bit harder to get the sockets for 6L but to be honest 5L is enough for frenzy and I feel like it would help more having extra life.

3: For the voltaxic setup, replacing faster attack for Innervate. Sure it's a 15% chance to socket on a 6 socket costing 100 chroms per try but I think getting extra movespeed with a bit less attack speed constantly from the buff would help more.

I haven't died yet nor had any trouble surviving with the current setups you have but I fear getting one shot by heavy physical damage hasted mobs from lv 75+ maps.
Last edited by Wyra on Aug 5, 2015, 4:15:22 AM
Hello,

I'm thinking about playing this build, but I have some questions/thoughts:

- Isn't armour better than evasion? Things that can kill build are devourers, goatmens etc. so armour will help with them, also we have more STR than DEX + we're near armour nodes. Hybrid would be also interesting, but we would need godly rare chest and very good helmet to make it sense.

- What about Kaom's Heart? It's good option in every life-based build that don't needs chest links, and we have thunderfists (free 18 lvl add light)

- Wake of Destruction adds DPS, but 0 MS (terrible for rangers because we can't use leap slam/whirling blades to move faster), 0 life, 0 AR/EV, 0 Res. I think it would be better to drop them for Blood Dances, Atziri's Step or just good rare boots (especially with hybrid)

- Even with Mortal Conviction HoT eats a lot of life, enlighten instead empower provides more def for dps.

- Also projectile weakness is imo best curse, provides DPS and defence (knockback - very useful against bosses that hits hard with melee skills)
Last edited by _R4v_ on Aug 5, 2015, 5:11:45 AM
"
_R4v_ wrote:
Hello,

I'm thinking about playing this build, but I have some questions/thoughts:

- Isn't armour better than evasion? Things that can kill build are devourers, goatmens etc. so armour will help with them, also we have more STR than DEX + we're near armour nodes. Hybrid would be also interesting, but we would need godly rare chest and very good helmet to make it sense.

- What about Kaom's Heart? It's good option in every life-based build that don't needs chest links, and we have thunderfists (free 18 lvl add light)

- Wake of Destruction adds DPS, but 0 MS (terrible for rangers because we can't use leap slam/whirling blades to move faster), 0 life, 0 AR/EV, 0 Res. I think it would be better to drop them for Blood Dances, Atziri's Step or just good rare boots (especially with hybrid)

- Even with Mortal Conviction HoT eats a lot of life, enlighten instead empower provides more def for dps.

- Also projectile weakness is imo best curse, provides DPS and defence (knockback - very useful against bosses that hits hard with melee skills)

Armour wouldn't be bad but you'd sacrifice too many useful nodes for shock chance/dex getting them.

Kaom's heart would remove lots of single target DPS (frenzy on a 4 link instead of 5/6 and only legacy would be good to use.

To fix the movement speed issue I would just replace my faster attack gem on my main lightning arrow setup for innervate and use the permanent onslaught buff we get from it (20% movespeed and attack speed for 5 seconds at lv 20)

13% max life looks like a lot since this build gets a good ammount of life when fully geared but to be honest HoT is just for cursing/small extra dps I believe. You could manual cast but that chunks your health even more when you have to spam it 2-3 times for an entire pack with blood magic constantly active.

That's what I think but to be honest I'd just experiment if I were you. The guide doesn't provide much info regarding defences and gem setups so go ahead and try what you think could work (that's what I'm doing)
"
Wyra wrote:

Armour wouldn't be bad but you'd sacrifice too many useful nodes for shock chance/dex getting them.

Kaom's heart would remove lots of single target DPS (frenzy on a 4 link instead of 5/6 and only legacy would be good to use.

To fix the movement speed issue I would just replace my faster attack gem on my main lightning arrow setup for innervate and use the permanent onslaught buff we get from it (20% movespeed and attack speed for 5 seconds at lv 20)

13% max life looks like a lot since this build gets a good ammount of life when fully geared but to be honest HoT is just for cursing/small extra dps I believe. You could manual cast but that chunks your health even more when you have to spam it 2-3 times for an entire pack with blood magic constantly active.

That's what I think but to be honest I'd just experiment if I were you. The guide doesn't provide much info regarding defences and gem setups so go ahead and try what you think could work (that's what I'm doing)

Thanks for answers :)
About armour - yeah you're right, only hybrid would be possible because evasion bonus is high. For a single target DPS you wouldn't lose anything because Thunderfists provides lvl 18 added lightning damage so you have 5-link. And yeah, I would experiment more but I'm not too rich and this would be risky, anyway I think I will try to wear kaom since it adds MUCH life so I could sacrifice boots for wakes.
Last edited by _R4v_ on Aug 5, 2015, 6:27:52 AM
"
Wyra wrote:
Playing this on warbands atm since voltaxic is super cheap there and to be honest I have a few questions.

1: Was wondering if I could add a CWDT setup with IC and remove conductivity after we get voltaxic (since it becomes useless) and replace it with enfeeble? Would kind of help against hard hitting physical mobs.

On the same topic I'm not sure if the temporary reserved life would be worth it but maybe add arctic armor on there as well? Would reserve an other 13% when it triggers but im sure it would make up. Lose an other 300~ hp but get insane physical damage reduction with enfeeble on top of it.

2: For a chest would Belly of the beast work as well? would be a bit harder to get the sockets for 6L but to be honest 5L is enough for frenzy and I feel like it would help more having extra life.

3: For the voltaxic setup, replacing faster attack for Innervate. Sure it's a 15% chance to socket on a 6 socket costing 100 chroms per try but I think getting extra movespeed with a bit less attack speed constantly from the buff would help more.

I haven't died yet nor had any trouble surviving with the current setups you have but I fear getting one shot by heavy physical damage hasted mobs from lv 75+ maps.

Hey,

Yeah i have changed the conductivity to Assassin's Mark. Also artic armour, yes and no because it needs 600 life in my case which can be useful and yet unuseful is some cases so i'm not sure. Also if i picked innervate instead of FA i would lose dps since if i use Fa i get 60% AS and if i use innervate, yes i get frenzy charges and onslaught but onslought gives only 20% AS and i already use frenzy as second skill to get the charges so it would be worth the trade imo.
IGN inspectorgadgetz

Just a nice cool artwork that reminds me Voltaxic builds. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info