[2.0]Violet Shock; a shockingly chaotic Voltaxic Rift build

Yeah, i'm currently glass canon build with 2K health and 1K shield :)
But with my current build, i need not to be close to mobs. I'm only in danger with ranged bosses.

I tried with that Maligaro's belt for a bit last night but it didnt seem to do much .. like it didn't shock. At least i didn't see an increase in damage. Need some more testing with that as i only tried for like 3 minutes :P. If shocks work appropriatly, i'm also gonne use my three dragons again.

Going a completely different route with this bow now btw :)
I already had a tripple totem stormcaller ... now using the bow on that build!

Darn hard to get the right colors on the bow though :S ... and i lost the use of rotten shield :(

I also played using asenath's gloves for a bit, it curses temporal chains on hit. It's very good, but the rest of the stats are pretty bad on the gloves ... and i prefer MF gear, like the aurseize's.
Not sure yet if i want to trade off MF for more defense, probably will have too for higher level maps.

Hmm ... i also need to test this with my three dragons. Not sure those mods are applied before or after converting damage! .. the Freeze of three dragons is awesome with the stormcall totems.

Last edited by MarlonB on Jul 24, 2015, 4:43:56 AM
hardcore viable?
i actually dont understand why you have Wrath + Chain + LGOH + Empower, in your videos you dont use wrath and does it work ? and why you dont use CWDT ? I really like this build an im doing it atm but i kinda dont understand the Wrath combo.
Opinions on Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt ?

I also see low accuracy, how about resolute technique ?

"
cleanblade wrote:
hardcore viable?

doubt it, maybe if you go for a tankier tree spec
Last edited by nerfkatarina on Jul 27, 2015, 1:11:07 PM

stats

Frenzy - 3 frenzy charges, flask up

Frenzy - no charges, no flask

Lightning arrow - 3 frenzy charges, flask up (54% chance to shock)

Lightning arrow - no charges, no flask

3 frenzy charges, flask up, onslaught

gear atm

Found a voltaxic rift while farming dried lake, now I´m here doing this.

Went for a different skill tree (more damage) and I'm definitely feeling the lack of tankiness from time to time and not yet any 6L's, don't know if it's worth spending on, probably not unless I find stuff that would increase the damage by shit ton. As for the next levels probably going for hp nodes / more jewel slots or more shock chance, although I think with the shock belt it's enough. If I'd 6-link and add a faster attacks, LA would prob go up 5-6k damage.

For the jewels I aimed for lightning damage/attack speed with bows or attack speed & attack speed with bows.

Would like to see few more twists and see if anyone can find something godlike.
Last edited by nerfkatarina on Jul 29, 2015, 6:13:41 PM
One thing I have noticed that seems a bit off about your build is the use of Conductivity. Why are you using it when this build deals 0 lightning damage?
IGN: Rhianil
*** Build guides ***
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1209798
"
One thing I have noticed that seems a bit off about your build is the use of Conductivity. Why are you using it when this build deals 0 lightning damage?

I thought about that as well, but totally forgot it, maybe the shock from conductivity works but enfeeble for defensive and projectile weakness for offensive might be better?
I've been testing with different unique items on this build.

Three dragons doesn't seem to freeze as the lightning damage is already converted to chaos before applying this mod. Doryani's doesn't leech for the same reason afaik. Also not sure it applies the lightning% damage, will test that again.

I also test with the WEP .. it doesn't increase DPS.
"

I use Conductivity for the shock chance yes. but you are right i could use a different one maybe warlords mark for survivability.
IGN inspectorgadgetz
"
nerfkatarina wrote:

stats

Frenzy - 3 frenzy charges, flask up

Frenzy - no charges, no flask

Lightning arrow - 3 frenzy charges, flask up (54% chance to shock)

Lightning arrow - no charges, no flask

gear atm

Went for a different skill tree (more damage) and I'm definitely feeling the lack of tankiness from time to time and not yet any 6L's, don't know if it's worth spending on, probably not unless I find stuff that would increase the damage by shit ton. As for the next levels probably going for hp nodes / more jewel slots or more shock chance, although I think with the shock belt it's enough.

For the jewels I aimed for lightning damage/attack speed with bows or attack speed & attack speed with bows.

Would like to see few more twists and see if anyone can find something godlike.

Nice tree you have there. but i prefer LA i love this skill haha
IGN inspectorgadgetz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info